UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Worthy and the Mighty

gambitron

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Miracle, didn't post that to bash your dislike/opinion. I just feel that stating "I never read Fear Itself so I don't know what the story is...but I don't really care for any of these new Mates." seems like a kid saying they don't like carrots just because even though they haven't tried them. I think I know what you're getting at though. You haven't read it, therefore you have no interest. Sorry didn't mean to sound like a dick.

I still have interest in the stuff that I'm not familiar with. I picked up the Curse of the Mutants box set just for Blade even though I never read that story.

I never read Fear Itself so I don't know what the story is...but I don't really care for any of these new Mates. Both sets are a pass for me.

Not even Odin? I thought Odin came out pretty great.

I'm on the fence about Odin. Odin is the only one that I sort of want. Maybe I'll buy a set and just sell off the other 3.

I enjoyed FI, at the time I thought it was a good chance to get a Titania and an updated Absorbing Man plus Grey Gargoyle playing a key role him as well.

As for what been shown I'm liking them. For me thwe weakest is Spidey only because he reminds me some reason of the SM3 movie mates.

What's weird is I look at these sets and all it really makes me think is that we'll see a Spider Island set also. Maybe Spidey, Shang Chi, new Venom and the Jackal.

Well that would make Lee Burns happy. Though they'd probably trade out Shang for Kane-as-Tarantula as the token weird spidery-transformation representative.

Mini_Myte: Aftermath played out like this- Bucky-Cap looked like he was dead but got better, back to being the Winter Soldier, Ulik has used a spell to make everyone retroactively remember him in Thor's place but kid-Loki doesn't belive it, and Odin restored Paris to normal after Mokk/Grey Gargoyle transformed every living thing in the city to stone permentally, but tried to teach Tony a lesson in faith while doing it. (what that means for the serveal hundred "statues" that were shattered battleing Mokk I'd rather not think about.)

I haven't read the story yet (I don't buy comics anymore, just trades, and even those I wait until I find 'em for a good price... so it could be a while), and while the things I've heard about the book haven't exactly filled me with hope, I'll probably check it out eventually. So I don't have a "I want these guys" reaction yet, but I probably will eventually. Maybe even by the time the 'mates come out!

A few thoughts:

-Odin looks great, and yeah, I'm glad I didn't join the "Odin Custom Brigade". I was actually just fine with the movie one standing in as a comics one.

-Always glad for a new Hawkeye, even if he looks like he's on his way to a rave. Any chance of adding extra parts to make a normal Heroic Age Hawkeye, Zach? No? Well, then I'll probably be cobbling one together with the Dark Avengers one.

-Spidey looks like SM3 black Spidey, no?

-The Worthy do look cool, at least. Great job with the designs and sculpts. I'd like to see the Super Hero Squad top this!

-I'm glad to see DST get back to making sets from the big (current) Marvel events; it's been a while. I know you've been a bit taken aback by our reaction to some other sets based on current comics, Zach, but these sets are a big win. Great job all around, guys!

Yes! More classic villains! ... wait, what?

I'm going to assume something is up with my display, as the pictures look all weird and squashed. Can something post them in the thread, please. I'm glad i painted up an Odin, as this one looks pretty boring.

I hope the release more of the worthy later on.

This is what I don't get about DST, they release figures based on an event months after it passed. Same thing with the Curse of the Mutants set, I bet they would have had more sales if they released them in the same time the event was happening, not months after when most of the interest in some characters is already gone.

Not to mention the event wasn't that good anyways.

I didn't read this cross-over, save for the X-related tie-ins which really didn't tie in all that much, but i think these mates look great. Thing = total win! Odin's sculpt looks totally bad-ass (although i agree that he could use a little colour variant on him). Plus we get a new female character in minimate form.

If they do make any more tie-in characters, i'd really love to see Juggernaut in his Fear Itself garb & Hela from the New Mutants tie in. Over all - very very nice sets. Can't wait to see IronMan.

Edited by Nessex

I hope the release more of the worthy later on.

This is what I don't get about DST, they release figures based on an event months after it passed. Same thing with the Curse of the Mutants set, I bet they would have had more sales if they released them in the same time the event was happening, not months after when most of the interest in some characters is already gone.

Not to mention the event wasn't that good anyways.

Well, I think that's probably out of their hands a bit; you assume that Marvel is willing to share the character designs before the books come out, which might not be the case. And, even then, there's still a long turnaround time to get a product made. It takes- what- nine months to make a Minimate? Oh, wait, that's a baby....

I think releasing the figures a year after the event is reasonable. Heck, they've even announced this right around the time the hardcover collection's coming out, which is pretty smart (even if it's accidental).

I just don't understand why DST doesn't hire time travelers (or at least buy a Delorean) so that they could spy on the future. That way they'd know what's going to come out and have enough time to produce products for comic events in time for them to be on the shelves at the same time. Or they could find out if certain storylines sucked too much to make Minimates from it. But, they obviously don't care enough to do this (or don't like time traveling, which would explain their obvious dislike of Kang).