UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Game of Thrones (HBO) Discussion ~no book spoilers allowed~

Zak Katz

~As the title suggests, this is for the HBO show, no spoilers from the book allowed~

The below context discusses the latest episode of GoT 5/3

I hate how the last episode ended. How can soldiers not hold their position and be surrounded like that? They got picked off like pedestrians not trained soldiers, let alone the best army there is??? Obviously they just want to kill off characters because that made no sense. Every time I see it it gets more frustrating, is Grey Worm the only talented fighter in the Unsullied?! Also they have Sons of the Harpys and the High Sparrows killing and wreaking havoc in the same episode, to me it seems sort of repetitive. Jamie and Bronn's scene was good, the Red Lady is kind of skanky, and Stannis is a good dad. Is Little Finger going to be killed by the High Sparrows when he arrives at Kings Landing? I can't wait to see some Dragon scenes!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't read the books. I might be interested in participating if the discussion is restricted to the TV show so I can avoid book spoilers.

But I and others totally agree with your assessment of that "battle." Made little sense.

Yeah, could we change the title so that non-TV spoilers aren't allowed? If so, I'll contribute here.

I agree with both of you on the question of the Unsullied. They train their whole lives to be great fighters, and get schooled by a group of guys who probably had no formal training whatsoever? Not believable. Maybe if they were attacked in a hallway as wide as the one in the second episode of Daredevil. I'm beginning to like Stannis quite a bit, which is a big shift for me since he was in pure bad guy mode when he killed Renly. Unfortunately, I doubt he makes it out of the season alive. I would be shocked if Little Finger was killed by the Sparrows. . .but not too shocked, because. . .Game of Thrones biggrin.png The really smart, conniving guys usually last a good, long while in this show, so I suspect he and Varys will be around for a good while longer. Interested to see how the conflict between Cercei and Margaery. Very much digging the evolution of Jon Snow, as well.

Edited by karamazov80

This season is right around where I quit reading, and I remember why. I just don't find Dany's story interesting anymore, although the parallels with Jon/Dany meting out sentences was very cool to see. I'm interested to see where the Jaime story goes.

I would still buy the heck out of Minimates. :yes:

Yeah, where are the got minis?

Series one

Tyrion/young john snow

Cersei/Jamie lanister

King Robert baratheon/Ned stark

Young danys/drogo

Not going to roll through anymore, but the possibilities are endless...

Arya/hound

Prince Oberon/mountain

Okay, I am done...

Varys/little finger

Hodor/ bran

Reek/greyjoy

Okay, now I'm done, the point is, i would have to buy them all...

Dump case with troop build of westoros, gold mine.

My wife said that she wants the White Walker baby, so WD Judith painted ice blue?

Someone posted that they'd use the T-1000 exploded head for the Viper ????<?

Edited by Zak Katz

There are so many dumps! ?

Mance Rayder with Ygritte and Tormund Giantsbane with a Wildling/ Free Ones army

Grey Worm, Sir Barristan Selmy, and Daario Naharis with a Unsullied army

Tywin Lannister, Jaime Lannister, Tyrion Lannister all in Lannister armor with the Lannister army

One more

Khal Drogo with Dothraki Khaleesi who comes with her eggs and then Jorah Mormont, they come with a hoard of Dothraki

Samwell Tarly, Lord Commander Mormont, and Aemon Targaryen, with the Nights Watch and some crows

This season is right around where I quit reading, and I remember why. I just don't find Dany's story interesting anymore, although the parallels with Jon/Dany meting out sentences was very cool to see. I'm interested to see where the Jaime story goes.

I would still buy the heck out of Minimates. yes.gif

Her story has been terribly boring for years now. You've got your army! You've got your dragons! GET OFF YOUR ASS AND INVADE KING'S LANDING ALREADY!!!! She's easily my least favorite character (excluding those that are vile, like Ramsey). Whenever we get to her story, I usually use that as an excuse to get a snack.

I don't really care for Dany, either, and find her subplot among the least interesting. The slave stuff seems really drawn out, and not really worth all the time they are devoting to it. But obviously big things are going to happen with her. If her story really becomes intermingled with that of Tyrion, then at least I'll have a reason to pay attention.

Edited by karamazov80

There are so many dumps!

Mance Rayder with Ygritte and Tormund Giantsbane with a Wildling/ Free Ones army

Grey Worm, Sir Barristan Selmy, and Daario Naharis with a Unsullied army

Tywin Lannister, Jaime Lannister, Tyrion Lannister all in Lannister armor with the Lannister army

One more

Khal Drogo with Dothraki Khaleesi who comes with her eggs and then Jorah Mormont, they come with a hoard of Dothraki

Samwell Tarly, Lord Commander Mormont, and Aemon Targaryen, with the Nights Watch and some crows

I would seriously take two of each.

I don't really care for Dany, either, and find her subplot among the least interesting. The slave stuff seems really drawn out, and not really worth all the time they are devoting to it. But obviously big things are going to happen with her. If her story really becomes intermingled with that of Tyrion, then at least I'll have a reason to pay attention.

I'm honestly having a hard time imagining the two characters interacting. But yes, it will be nice to finally feel like Dany's a part of the wider story.

so Dany is marrying that guy? Those dragons are so bad ass. Sorry Jorah. I wish Jon would just go with Stannis for my own selfish reasons, I want to see him as Jon Stark Warden of the North :( Sansa and Theon, I hope she helps him! Who does every think is going to get the honor of killing Ramsay? I can't wait to see what happens to Arya next week!

LOL I'm definitely curious about how the Winterfel angle will play out, not just internally, but when Stannis and crew show up. I don't think Stannis will beat the Boltons. . .but I can imagine Brienne chopping off Ramsey's head or something :lol:

I just hope that Ramsey dies at some point this season, preferably at Theon's hands. I saw him referred to by a reviewer as a villain "we love to hate", and I thought no, we just hate him. The character spent an entire season just torturing another character. Nothing else going on, just torture in every scene. There's nothing redeeming about the character or the performance. I just want him to go away. Last week's episode was so Ramsey heavy that I almost turned it off, and I did walk out of the room for a bit. He's got X-Pac heat with me.

He's taken over the hole left in the show when Joffrey was offed, as a purely despicable sadist. I think a character like that is good to have around, even if no one watching actually likes him laugh.png