UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Bob's Customs - Assassin's Creed II Ezio, p.29

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for all your kind words! Really glad you like Jesse. Tulip and Cassidy will be up next.

Only got about half-way through that story. I need to revisit it. Great writing, but damn was it disturbing.

You should, you really should! The impression I got from what you like and the way you think about, erm, stuff makes me think you'll love it. Everyonething needs to get a second chance.

Great work on those Preacher customs. Some of your best work. I also love your photography skills. Very sharp stuff. :thumbsup:

And that pics gave me a headache! I wanted to try and use a drak background instead of my usual white ones. But my camera was messing around with the light a lot. For the longest time it was either way too light, or so dark, that you weren't able to see details at all. So I built something like a photobooth with vinyl covers and finally it worked. So really, really glad you like it! :)

i just finished vol 5. that eyepatch has me intrigued in whats coming up when i buy vols 6-9

Oh, yeah! I can totally understand that. I mean, I kinda knew he would somehow loose an eye, because I always saw the cover of the last tradepaperback in LCS or amazon, but I had no idea how that would happen and what it means. Same thing with Cassidy's glasses. Erm, you already found out that he's always wearing glasses, right? :whistling:

Next up in my little Preacher series are:

Tulip O'Hare & Proinsias Cassidy

"Tulip is Jesse's ex-lover and a trained marksman and a tough woman. She thought she lost Jesse some years back, when he suddenly dissapeared. Now they accidently met again. And fallen in love again. Until the end of the World. The hard drinking Irish lad called Cassidy on the other hand somehow met Jesse and Tulip on the road in Texas and joins them on their quest. While Tulip keeps being mistrustful, Cassidy forms a strong friendship with Jesse. The fact that Cassidy's a bloody vampire doesn't change a thing. "

Tulip and Cassidy are part of the main supporting cast, playing a major role in the story's development. I really like how you start right in the middle of the story and you need to get to know these folks. And I really enjoyed how you get to know them, since Ennis takes his time to tell their personal backgrounds. I like how Tulip is this tough woman, because she grew up with her very conservative, very patriarchal father. She adopts his love for guns and hunting and all of that, while he learns to regard women in a completely different perspective. I enjoyed these little bits of background you get a lot of. Cassidy is probably the most ambivalent character of the whole cast, and Ellis tells his story in a way that you really truely love and hate him at once. Awesome.

Both characters as minimates are basicly quick customs. Tulip is a real quick custom, it's just swapping parts. I thought about using decals at first, but since she is the character who changes cloth and even haircuts most often, I didn't see the need of it. There is no specific look in the comics and I found some parts resembling her look pretty well. Cassidy on the other hand made me some problems. He always looks the same, so it was obvious what I needed to use, but his face was tough. First of all, I really wanted to use a hairpiece with sculpted glasses, not some that are just painted on. (Won't tell you why, you have to read the books.) So I designed several face decals, but I never really liked one of them. Then, I literally ran out of decal paper, but I needed to finish him before the deadline expired. That was when I found this face that combined with the glasses, look very close to what a minimate of Cassidy might be. So I went with them.

Recipe: Tulip has Ultimate Thor's hair, BSG D'Anna Biers' chest piece, 24 Nina Myers' feet and Kim Bauer's bag as well as Emil Blonsky's watch. I don't remeber where the face comes from. Any idea? For Alamo Tulip, as a quick "assault armor" variant, I just added the Blonsky chest piece. Cassidy has a repainted movie Logan vest, a recolored T-800 hairpiece with glasses, a painted on shirt and Gambit's face.

Tulip.jpg Tulip-02.jpg

Tulip-03.jpg Cassedy-01.jpg

"God: I am a loving god. - Tulip: Cut the shit!"

Edited by Bob Harris

Wow, excellent work! :D

I love Preacher, but I love Sandman more.

I do hope the Endless are in the pipeline, as I have not yet seen any Minimate custom of the greatest comic of all-time.

Suck that Watchmen! :D

Man Bob, you totally ripped me off! :verymad: I made these guys, like, last year. And yeah, I never posted them, but you still obviously snuck into my house and poked around my Minimates collection! Oh, I know what you're excuse will be... "I live in Germany, and I don't know where you live". Whatever :nuke:

*ahem* but seriously....

I was actually planning on submitting a wave of Vertigo Minimates to Custom Con, which included Jesse, Tulip, and Cassidy, but never got around to it. You snooze, you loose, I guess. :blush: I like your choice of Jesse hair; I never got mine quite right, and ended up using VP Baltar's hair (and face, which I think works well). Used the same formula as you otherwise. And, what's funny is that I used the exact same body formula for Tulip, though I used the White Queen's hair. Like that Thor hair. Oh, that face, I think is a Sarah Conner one. Annnnnnddddd.... for anyone that wants to do a Cassidy quick custom, a Cyclops face with glasses and Hydro-Man's hair makes for a good start.

Okay, I totally have to post my own now. Very nice work on yours!

Thanks a lot, folks.

Warburger, sorry, I... erm... never... actually read... you know, I never had the time... yet. :unsure: Sorry, no Sandman mates on my horizon.

And Nessex, you get a slight impression of these guys in this little pic and you might even concider to give the comic a chance.

Hellpop, frankly, I don't give a damn. You didn't post them, so I concider you're just a fake! And this one here:

Oh, I know what you're excuse will be... "I live in Germany, and I don't know where you live".

Not an excuse. I got my people everywehre, know what I'm sayin'?

*ahem* but seriously....

Right. :tongue: I really like to see yours. I don't have the parts you recommanded for Jesse and Cassidy, but I databased them quickliy, and that might look pretty cool! I really like that hairpiece I used for Jesse, because I really wanted to give him this curly look. He wears them shorter sometimes and then that Baltar piece works pretty good, I guess. And Cyclops really has the perfect sunglasses, you're right. But you might conicer giving Cassidy a more unshaved and harsh look. Anyway, bring 'em on! :thumbsup:

Right. :tongue: I really like to see yours. I don't have the parts you recommanded for Jesse and Cassidy, but I databased them quickliy, and that might look pretty cool! I really like that hairpiece I used for Jesse, because I really wanted to give him this curly look. He wears them shorter sometimes and then that Baltar piece works pretty good, I guess. And Cyclops really has the perfect sunglasses, you're right. But you might conicer giving Cassidy a more unshaved and harsh look. Anyway, bring 'em on! :thumbsup:

At the time I made them, I don't think I had that curly hair, but I've got one now and I'll probably make the switch. The Baltar hair was more the best thing I had handy at the time; there's a lot better options now.

I almost forgot to bring up the last two of my Preacher customs, but here they are:

Seraph and The Saint Of Killers

"Being one of the Heavenly Host, a servant of God, the Seraph patrolled the border between Heaven and Hell, and he did his job well. Until he met a demon."

"Once a soldier serving in the Confederate Army during the American Civil War, he now is the Patron Saint of Murderers and Assassination, the new face of Death, and woe be it to anyone who crosses his path. He is impervious to harm and his bullets never miss their mark and never fail to kill their target. And now he's sent after Jesse."

The Seraphim were one of the characters I really wnated to customize from the beginning. And it seemed to be pretty easy, since we got all the parts needed with angel's wings and Daken's or Storm's mohawk. So that was a done deal.

The other one, the Saint Of Killers is one of the most amazing villains in comic book history. First of all, he looks bad ass. He always has this mean and arrogant facial expression and he's wearing the old cowboy stuff. He's a mean bastard, indestructible and never missing his mark and it's great when he appears for the first time. Later on, Enis dedicates a whole 8 issue mini series to tell his origin story and get to know him and his motives. And you get to know more about his devine Colts which would not misfire, nor would their hammers fall on empty chambers, no shot they fired would miss its mark and no wound they gave would be anything but fatal. (:woot:)He plays a major role in the whole story and I really wanted to minimaterize him. So, here you are.

The recipe just like the other characters here are pretty easy: I jused Namor's naked body and a recolored Daken mohawk. First I used the wings just the way they should be, but the part you need to put over the neck looked strange, so I cut it off and clued a much smaller piece with the two pegs on the torso's back. I painted the facial tatoos on a Nova head. For the Saint of Killers I used a BttF3 Doc Brown's hat with recolored hair, Multiple Man's coat, some Few more Dollars pants, boots and belts and decals for his chest and face.

Seraph-01.jpg Seraph-02.jpg

SOK-01.jpg SOK-02.jpg

"Not enough gun!" (The Saint of Killers after he got caught in a nuclear explosion.)

Edited by Bob Harris

Wanted to wait until you posted the whole set before I said "Great Job!" A very clean, professional looking set with great resemblance to the comic. You even found a use for the ridiculous Wolverine belt - that's a customizer miracle!

Are you actually serious?

I mean the only things that are the same are some of the existing parts is...nothing

Okay, maybe they look a little alike, but how many exactly good looking parts for customs are there?

And Bob even used his own decals for some...

Soooo, ehm oooookaaay :confused::rolleyes:

I mean the only things that are the same are some of the existing parts is...nothing

Okay, maybe they look a little alike, but how many exactly good looking parts for customs are there?

If you honestly think that anything of what I wrote about Bob is serious, I must be a better satirist then I thought. So, thanks!

If you honestly think that anything of what I wrote about Bob is serious, I must be a better satirist then I thought. So, thanks!

Well, excuse me for being a idiot... :confused:

Welcome to my life of confusion :lol:

Aapje, thanks for defending me against this silly wannabe customizer failpop. He's a real jerky. :tongue: And sorry, you fell for him, I knew what he was up to.

Failpop, I like your trash talk. Really. I mean, it's way better than your customs, though.

Joe, did you read the comics? I don't want to spoil anything here.

I haven't used a decal, but if you look up which head I used for him, you might get a clue of what you'll finder underneath these glasses.

____

Edit: Nifty new spoiler tags.

Edited by Bob Harris

Failpop, I like your trash talk. Really. I mean, it's way better than your customs, though.

Aw, man, burn! Wow, I'm glad I'm not this Failpop guy, 'cause you just OWNED him! :yes:

Wait a minute... :verymad:

Feel free to quote that in your signature. :whistling:

And let me quote my buddy Peter here: "Round House!"

But, as you said, the feud ended.

:highfive2:

Joe, did you read the comics? I don't want to spoil anything here.

I haven't used a decal, but if you look up which head I used for him, you might get a clue of what you'll finder underneath these glasses.

____

Oh I didn't read your head choice for Cassidy, it would work perfect!

• 1 month later...

The annual Charitymates event brings you the Tournament of Fighters and I'm proud to introduce my fighter:

Lukas Rand "Tetsuwan"

"Lukas Rand was born 1842 in a small town in Massachusetts. He was raised by his father, a native from the South Pacific island of Rokovoko, while his mother, an African American woman, died of puerperal fever shortly after Lukas' birth.

At the age of 12, Lukas got to Japan along with his father. It was right after US Navy Commodore Matthew Perry used his superior steam powered weaponry to force Japan to open its borders to trade. His father took his chance to start a new life in Japan. He found work as a saddler and shortly after got married to a Japanese woman. In the same year, Lukas got to know his stepmother's uncle, Kambei Mifune, a respected aristocrat and skilled swordmaster. Mifune started to look after Lukas and provided him an excellent school education and introduced him to kenjutsu, the traditional technique of the sword. Lukas soon developed a close bond to Mifune, who eventually became his master. Lukas trained his kenjutsu skills and folowed the rules of Bushidō, becoming the first black samurai in Japan at age 26.

While defending his family in a battle, Lukas lost his left arm, but he could not prevent his father's death. Mifune was impressed by Lukas' effort and asked his former student, the extraordinary talented weaponsmith Hattori Hanzō, for help. Hanzō consented to that wish and started developing some ideas. Besides forging swords, he recently started to work with the new American and European steam technology. With his associate, a French gentleman and visionary called Jules Verne, they created a steam powered iron prosthesis, more effective and elegant than the rather clumsy and random creations by America's top weapon manufacturer, Stark Industries. Lukas was quickly able to use the iron arm as natural as his own. To honor his father, he painted his ancestors' traditional tattoos on his new arm, to which Hanzō and Verne included some powerful gadgets.

In 1878 master Mifune was murdered in an assault by a hired assasin. Lukas denied commiting seppuku, the ritual suicide, and therefore became a rōnin. Masterless, he started to travel through Japan, offering his incredible combat and swordfighting skills, as well as his wisdom, as a Yōjinbo, a "hero for hire", to earn money for a living. With no family left and his master fallen, he stopped calling himself Lukas Rand and became the man with no name, people refering to as Tetsuwan - Iron Arm.

Recently, the crime lord Yagyū Saki hired Lukas and tricked him into the Tournament of Fighters. Sent through time and space, Lukas has no personal interest in winning the tournament at all, since Saki hired him and therfore will be granted the tournament's grande price. But one thing is cristal clear, Lukas sure wants to survive this tournament - and he knows how to do so."

The character is influenced by a lot of stuff. He exists somehow in my Furyous Basterds Universe, where he is a mix of Luke Cage and Daniel Rand, hence the name. I guess you all got the "works as a hero for hire" reference, right? The yellow shirt is inspired by the original Powerman, while the kung-fu style is the Iron Fist influence. Same for the Name, since "Tetsuwan" literally seems to mean Iron Arm. And I really wnated to give him this samurai hairdo, so making him a samurai was mandatory. Then there's a little bit of steampunk involved. Initially he should have a bulky iron arm, but then I had the idea of the Japanese steam powered stuff would be more elegant. Like a katana compared to a European sword. In the beginning, he should also have a lot of tribal tattoos, but he looked strange. The inspiration here was Queequeg to whom Tetsuwan's father originating from Rokovoko still is a reference. Oh, and the eye patch? Well, it just gives you a +10 to badassness.

The recipe: I used Ryu's repainted "small 'skirt' piece" (that's the official term!) and black legs and feet. For his face and chest I used decals. His iron arm consists of a Wolverine shoulder thingy, a slightly repainted Octopus arm and a Cyborg hand. Tetsuwan's hair is sculpted onto a MAX fire fighter hair piece. His katana is a repainted Lego samurai sword.

Tetsuwan-Glimm.jpg Tetsuwan-01.jpg

FinalFight.jpg

"If one were to say in a word what the condition of being a samurai is, its basis lies first in seriously devoting one's body and soul to his master. " (Lukas Rand)

Edited by Bob Harris