UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

How much is too much?

Okay I just bought the back to the future II set recently, it was a used set, but in great condition. I paid $60 for the set, I am wondering is this too steep? It was the set I have been wanting most of any Minimate set and when I finally had a chance to buy it I went for it. I mean I missed out on so many auctions on ebay over the year or so, it seemed like $60 was a bit high, but I seen a lot of sets go for over $100, being new of course. I guess I am asking how much is too much?

I'd say that you've paid 'enough',the second set was, up until about a year ago, cropping up in multiples regularly for half that.....but that was about a year ago & you don't see them now. This recent auction... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Back-to-the-Future-Minimates-Box-Sets-Lot-HTF-MOC-/160780141676?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item256f3e446c is more than enough!

Beautiful set,enjoy.

If it's something you want and it's hard to come by, I'd go for it if you can find at a somewhat higher price because odds are it's only going to get harder to find and more expensive. Don't feel bad- I spent over $100 to get the fireball island board game. The box is the size of my couch cushion.

If it's something you want and it's hard to come by, I'd go for it if you can find at a somewhat higher price because odds are it's only going to get harder to find and more expensive. Don't feel bad- I spent over $100 to get the fireball island board game. The box is the size of my couch cushion.

Wow. I used to have Fireball Island when I was a kid, but it got thrown out due to not being played with other than with my cation figures. (Kind of hard to get a lot of friends over to play the game as it was)

Anyway, if we're talking how much are we willing to spend on minimates. Well, I think $20 at best would be my limit for one I might be missing from some time ago. (Still need/want Carnage and Hobgoblin)

I really wanted the GSX Nightcrawler for ages and almost traded some big Transformers toys of mine for him, but my own common sense snapped me out of it and then DST gave us that new Nightcrawler in the Excalibur boxset as well as the TRU re-release. I was also tempted by GSX Colossus, but with the new one coming in a few waves... XD