UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Kre-O

pickle

Is this the place for all the ToyFair news or are we having another thread?

Hasbro have announced Transformers building block toys known as Creeo ...'think lego' says the press release I read.

http://toyfair2011.figures.com/showgallery.php?cat=586

Does anyone remember when Hasbro tired their Joe/Transformers/Tonka Built-To-Rule (BTR) sets about six or seven years ago? It failed then, why would it do well now?

I am all for companies trying their hands at the 'monopolized by LEGO' building block market... But come on Hasbro, you already tried to play this game.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Built_to_Rule

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would buy GI Joe LEGOs just in case I one day have a boy. . .but I don't completely get LEGO Transformer guys that, apparently, ride around in giant LEGO transformer vehicles. Maybe I'm just behind the times.

• 5 months later...

I actually really like the minifigs with these.. I wish they sold them separately because I'm pretty meh on the building sets. This really makes me wish the G1 Transformers got the minimate treatment.

Me too, I bought the Sentinel Prime set just to have the Soundwave and the Thundercracker and I sold everything else. The building sets hold no interest for me. Same thing with C3 I kept the minimates and got rid of the building sets (except the batwings cause they are cool).

• 2 weeks later...

I've been lusting after those minifigs ever since I saw them. They are pretty darn cool. The sets don't look great, though. Looks like you can pick up loose ones on eBay for fairly reasonable prices, but I sincerely hope that Hasbro realizes there's a market for the minifigs on their own and releases them separately.

The sets are frustrating, based on the four my kids have purchased. Way too many extra parts and very, very few reused brick combinations, i.e. you have to tear one mode back down to loose bricks to build the other. Not fun.

The "Kreons" kick serious butt though.

It's funny, I was about to break down and buy the Optimus Prime set to get the Kreon (minifig) Prime, but had serious heartburn at the thought of dropping $60 for that little guy. Then, at Comic Con, I happened to be wandering around the Hasbro booth when out of the blue they start handing out Kreon Primes in little promo boxes. That was my luckiest piece of swag all convention. :lol:

Edited by Lobsterman

I feel I'm in the same camp as everyone else here, I love these minifigures, but have absolutely no interest in the big sets.

Sell them as a set or blind bag them... and they'll have lots of my money, guaranteed.

• 5 months later...

With the new Star Trek Kre-O sets announced, I am wondering:

How do these bricks hold up compared to Lego and Mega Blocks?

My nephew and I tried the Halo Mega Blocks when they first came out, only to find that the models fell apart very easily. Meanwhile, the bulk of my Lego sets hold together when they hit the floor.

Where do Kre-O bricks fit on the spectrum?

thanks!

• 3 months later...

I feel I'm in the same camp as everyone else here, I love these minifigures, but have absolutely no interest in the big sets.

Sell them as a set or blind bag them... and they'll have lots of my money, guaranteed.

Blindbags seem to be everywhere too. I walk around in toys r us, and it seems every aisle has some kind of blind bag thing in it. From play mobile, to lego, to mega bloks, to other little critters and toys. You'd think hasbro would get on top of it.

• 2 weeks later...

With the new Star Trek Kre-O sets announced, I am wondering:

How do these bricks hold up compared to Lego and Mega Blocks?

My nephew and I tried the Halo Mega Blocks when they first came out, only to find that the models fell apart very easily. Meanwhile, the bulk of my Lego sets hold together when they hit the floor.

Where do Kre-O bricks fit on the spectrum?

thanks!

The brick quality is more or less good. I only have Mirage and Prowl (selling Mirage), and have had no problems with a set breaking apart or not connecting I used to have with Mega Bloks, the quality is comparable to the newer Mega Bloks set.

• 1 month later...

I've got to say, I'm liking the Kre-O version of the Enterprise better than what DST has shown us.

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2012/07/to_boldly_kre-o_where_no_man_has_kre-od_before_1.php

The top of the saucer even lifts up to reveal, surprise!, room for a single figure in a command chair. The Minimates version does allow one to stuff another guy into the "Jeffries tube".

No doubt I'll be buying some of each, but if only Kre-O would release some classic stuff...

On another note- TF Kre-ons will now include actual transforming Kre-ons and Kre-on combiners.

• 4 weeks later...

How do folks... just wondering if the TF Devastator has started showing up yet? US or UK. Apparently a few have seen it in the wild, but not seen confirmed pictures or anything. Would very much like to get it for my father's bday at the end of the month.

• 3 weeks later...

How do folks... just wondering if the TF Devastator has started showing up yet? US or UK. Apparently a few have seen it in the wild, but not seen confirmed pictures or anything. Would very much like to get it for my father's bday at the end of the month.

So far, all I've seen is the first wave of the blind packed figures. I got all of them. No sign of the Kreon combiners though....

Yeah, I saw Devistator yesterday, plus Wheeljack (who was always my favorite Gen 1 character, so I'm very excited for him). Right now, I'm just waiting for the Kreons to start showing up loose on eBay.

I bought all the blind bags, which are great, though I wish they'd made more characters I recognize. I'll probably pick up a few more of the plane, so that I can transform Starscream and the other planes. BTW, if you don't know already, there's a small series of numbers printed on the front of each bag which will tell you what's inside; the last digit differs depending on the figure. So you won't be completely blind.:thumbsup: