UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Legends discussion thread

TBT!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumors say that Deadpool and Doom are new sculpts. I'd love for a great new Doom as he's one of my favorite characters of all time and has not had a single GREAT figure yet (minimates included)

I really hope USAgent has a standard Cap variant as he'd look great on that body.

@ Nessex: Nope.

@Punisher: You don't like the first ML Doom figure? I think it's pretty great, although I'll grant you that the cape's a bit awkward. I like the MU figure too, and I'd say FA Doom is a great Minimate, though I don't think they've nailed his classic look yet (I've got high hopes for the MvC figure, though).

Blade's definitely the running change with the Punisher, as there's artwork on Marvel.com from the cardback with the two of them together, just like the Madames and the Wrecking Crew. Seems weird to me that you'd waste Blade in that spot, but I'm not buying him anyway, so what do I know? Oh, and they have the Deadpool art there too; it's his X-Force outfit.

Regarding Dooms, ML1 and MS Doom are pretty much the same exact look, both of which are very classic Doom with a tight/rounded hood, a short and flared skirt, and have capes that drape outwards rather than hang down. MS Doom's base is really cool though. The HML Doom tried a more modern look but bad sculpting and little to no detail in the clothes killed it. But, the HML mask sculpt is the best out of all so far. I almost like the MU Doom if not for the head. The hood is too pinched around his head, and I really don't like the mask sculpt at all.

• 4 weeks later...

I am perfectly fine with BAFs being gone. Yes, it'll suck to not get certain characters (or at least in the size they should be), but it'll save me money for sure. I only collect X-Men characters, and really hated having to buy Avengers or Spider-Man characters I didn't want (see my sales thread, please, lol) just to complete them.

I'm worried about not being able to get the X-Force pack. :confused:

Edited by TENIME_art

According to AFI, BAFs aren't dead, they just couldn't get one ready in time for wave 3 (no idea why). It'll be interesting to see how these do; the only Toy Biz series after they introduced BAFs to not have one, the Legendary Riders series, was a big peg warmer. I know that I'm probably only getting the US Agent.

Marvel Panel, with pics:

http://www.toyark.co...anel-live-6054/

No BAF in wave 3, but every figure has a variant or running change. 2013 will have micro BAFs, with the first one being something called Hit Monkey. I'm not into this small BAF idea at all, but if it leads to Rocket Raccoon... okay. 2013 series two will include '90s Jean Grey, the Wrecker, and Moonstone. And there's gonna be an Iron Man 6" comics line, with a BAF, which looks to be the Iron Monger.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm afraid the X-Force pack is sold out. Sorry, Tenime.:sad:

Edited by hellpop

What I wouldn't give to castrate everybody who bought one to sell for a profit.

EDIT: That statement won't ever change, because scalpers are scum that deserve to be put to death, but the pics from the panel make it look like Wolvie & Warren will be available at retail separately? So, Betsy's only available in the box set?

That makes me less angry at Hasbro (though, the Chicagoland area never got the two packs that had Warpath, so I'm still out him <_<)...

Edited by TENIME_art

I believe I read somewhere that they are different decos, but I'm not sure how exactly. So, they're X-Force, but the box set is still unique. I'd imagine, then, that they'll rerelease Psylocke at retail down the line somewhere as well. But yeah, it would kinda suck if they started a team as part of the regular retail line, then finished them off in a HTF con box set.

90s Jean AND Moonstone?? My heart is leaping. :wub:

Wave 2 looks like it's gonna be the big wave with fans; i imagine Dark Ms. Marvel will be Moonstone's variant??

Loving 2013 Wave 1 though; THAT is a return. Ultimate Cap looks absolutely amazing.

Really disappointed in the lack of SDCC sets though; really wanted one. Even more frustrated that all but Betsy are gonna be in retail. :rolleyes:

Sure, it's possible. I just read a passing mention in one of the panel reports that they were sold out. Heck, it could've just meant for that day. Hasbro site's going to be a nightmare, though, with all the GI Joe people rushing to get their HISS tanks. And little ol' me just wants the Masters of Evil.:sad:

I'll wait to rejoice until they're in my hands, but I was able to grab one of each Jinx & the X-Force set.

Paypal receipt was nice, but the HTS receipt felt better.

Like I said, though, until I'm holding them, I'm still nervous... <_<

Anyone wanna help me out with a decently-priced black & grey Warpath now? Those 2-packs never showed up around here (would've like the McGuinness Hulk, too, but Warpath was more of a letdown).