UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Fwoosheyman's Customs - Robin, Catwoman, Heatwave, Enchantress & Movie Magneto (5/31/15)

I figured I'd join in the party and show some of my custom minimates as well. I was never happy with how the Noble Squad Halo mates came out with the lack of paint and the details of the sculpt not standing out. So I repainted parts like the visors, etc and then each figure was given a light black wash to bring out the details and give them a more battle-worn look. Jun's sniper rifle is a Brickarms gun repainted and the handle shaved down.

SDC10732.jpg

SDC10731.jpg

SDC10734.jpg

SDC10735.jpg

SDC10730.jpg

SDC10729.jpg

SDC10736.jpg

Edited by fwoosheyman

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loki is made up of parts from movie Loki, Lady Loki and the original comic Loki. I chopped off the horns from Lady Loki and put them on the original Loki's headpiece. Repainted all the gold and green so they match and gave him a sword.

SDC10739.jpg

Power Man is an idea I saw here (I don't remember whose custom thread I saw it in but full credit for the idea to them). Power Man is Black Panther face, Apollo chest, Beyond jacket and the original Power Man's chain belt trimmed so it fits better and repainted.

SDC10737.jpg

Cable is a mish-mash of 90's Cyclops, 90's Rogue, Original Cable and the 2-pack Cable.

SDC10738.jpg

The Cosmic Cube is a 4mm cube bead from Amazon. You can get a lot of them for less than $5. I just cut off the thumb and glued the cube into place.

SDC10740.jpg

SDC10741.jpg

Another week another few customs. First up is the good old JJJ from the Ghostbusters Mayor with a twist. I took a Tony Stark head, filled in the mustache, painted a Terminator hairpiece and gave him the cigar hand from Kingpin and notepad.

SDC10760.jpg

I wasn't sure how make Firestar's mask so I went the easy route and just used a sharpie. A painted hairpiece and a few fireblasts she was done.

SDC10761.jpg

Last one is Extremis Iron Man. I wasn't happy with DST's version due to the color and huge size. The head/body that comes with Hulkbuster is perfect so I just started adding pieces until I got a good representation of the Extermis Armor. It's not a perfect match but it works for me. Arms are movie iron man, shoulder pads from neo-classic iron man, upper legs from movie iron man and lower from Crimson Dynamo. Waist and boots are from the Mark V movie armor.

SDC10762.jpg

Edited by fwoosheyman

• 3 weeks later...

First up is the Question. A repainted Spirit hat, movie Gambit jacket and an old suit chest from the first Bruce Banner.

SDC10766.jpg

Next is Captain Atom based on his appearance in Justice League Unlimited. First a big thanks to Luke for the symbol sticker I couldn't have finished the custom without his help. The rest is a TRU Silver Surfer and some painted boots and gloves.

SDC10767.jpg

Edited by fwoosheyman

Wow - they both look beautiful.

What kind of paints did you use on Question?

I mainly use Citadel paints from Games Workshop, but I use some Apple Barrel from Walmart as well. The Citadel paints are vastly superior but Apple Barrel has a bunch of colors Citadel doesn't.

Nice job on Captain Atom - very very professional and impressive.

And congrats for finding something in-scale to use for a Cosmic Cube! I remember spending months looking for the right size cube for my Red Skull customs, going through bead sections, looking at all sorts of games for the dice. Ah, good times.

• 1 month later...

Nothin like waiting out a hurricane to give you lots of time to finish customs.

First up is AOA Kitty Pryde. Nothing fancy here, just some repainted AOA Wolverine parts, movie Widow hair and a watch painted to look like her collar/choker.

SDC10804.jpg

Havok is a Captain America face and hair, with repainted parts from AOA Cyclops. Luke provided the excellent symbol sticker.

SDC10802.jpg

Last is AOA Storm. She's made up of a molecule man torso cover, memphisto "skirt", sleeves from Mariko, some repainted parts and more Luke stickers.

SDC10806.jpg