UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Bob's Customs - Assassin's Creed II Ezio, p.29

Very nice, Bob. Like you said, the costume has been portrayed wildly inconsistently, and it doesn't help when Flash keeps losing control of the symboite and it keeps morphing into classic Venom, either. So really, any interpretation would work. :)

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is VERY nice looking.

I think i would have gone with the boots with the grip along the bottom (as suggested by MINI_MYTE) too! But aside from that, he's pretty darn perfect!

Can you PLEASE post it on DST's facebook? I'm dying to see Lee Burns go mad!

Thanks a lot guys!

Looks great, but one suggestion Bob, use the clunkier boots fro deadpool. After that, it'll be perfect. Don't hate me for my criticism. :(

Now I hate you for your criticism! Kidding, that's a pretty good idea I haven't thought about! I don't want to recolor Deadpool's boots for Venom, but I'M think I have another pair of those boots in my parts bin.

Nice work, but now he needs a Lee Burns Minimate to go with him.

And I can't believe you let Lee talk you into thinking Flash Venom is a good read.

Best suggestion for a minimate ever. ;) (I feel like Lee Burns is becoming a somewhat dull (duller?) version of Leroy Jenkins.

Can you PLEASE post it on DST's facebook? I'm dying to see Lee Burns go mad!

Done. ;)

Hey Bob just checked out your Bamf page and noticed my Cyber there, glad you think " Mattallica did a pretty good job on this Cyber Minimate" but FYI those arms are not 2.5s they are standard 2" mate arms that i sculpted over with apoxie sculpt.

Thanks for checking out bamf and letting me know I did a bad job there. :tongue: Kidding. I'm going to correct the info. Thanks for letting me know.

• 2 weeks later...

Doing a custom of this guy was a very quick desission I made and I really like his simple but very iconic look. Here is

Isaiah Bradley - The Black Captain America

Back when I was living in New York I picked up a used TPB of "Truth - Red, White & Black" basicly because I liked the cover a lot and I liked the idea of the story. Together with a lot of other books and comics I did send it to my German address and it was very cool to get all that stuff to look through later on. Somehow, I totally forgot about Truth and it was this summer when I read it for the first time and I liked it a lot, both its story and the look! For those of you who aren't familiar with it: it takes place in 1942 and deals with a group of African American soldiers on which Dr. Reinstein's Super Soldier Serum is tested and it tells their story up to the present day - becoming more or less a part of Marvel continuity (see Young Avengers for instance or ask Miry).

Isaiah Bradley is the only one surviving the project and gets send to Germany to eliminate the threat of the Nazi's own Super Soldier project. He gets captured but eventually makes his way back to the USA where he receives a life sentence for stealing Captain America’s spare uniform. 17 years later he gets pardoned, but the minimal medical care allowed the side effects of the serum damage his body and brain so he got sterile and demented. Present day, Steve Rogers gets to know about him and pieces together Bradley’s story. Meeting him in the end of the story arch he apologized to Isaiah for everything that he and his family was put through.

I especially liked that ending of the story. Some great pictures there. Truth has a critical perspective on those days and a bittersweet tone. Don't get me wrong, this is Marvel, but still.

So I did this custom of Bradley as Black Cap the way he's pictured in Young Avengers falshbacks. It's a rather easy custom, but I really like that look. I especially like his shield on which he drew the "Double V for Victory" sign. To get that look, I drew that double V crest with a graphic tablet by hand and made a clear decal out of it. I then gave one of those WW2 Cap shields a wheathered metallic look and applied the decal. And I'm very satisfied with how it looks.

The recipe: Iron Fist's bandana with the hair cut off, painted blue, David Palmer's head, WW2 Cap's shoulder piece, gloves, belt and repainted shield with a decal, a repainted torso and some pants and boots from my parts bin. You can view more pics on my flickr page.

Isaiah-Bradley-Cap01.jpg Isaiah-Bradley-Cap02.jpg

Isaiah-Bradley-Cap05.jpg Isaiah-Bradley-Cap03.jpg

"That was the first of the worst days of my life" (Isaiah Bradley)

Edited by Bob Harris

Thanks a lot guys!

That is awesome for so many reasons & on so many levels .

Bravo Bob.

Thanks. I think this guy is a great charatcer and Marvel did a pretty sensitive job creating him and that story arch. I think stuff like this doesn't happen very often in mainstream comics. And while I guess no toy company picked him up yet, I'm glad you find a lot of really nice customs of him.

Now that is a good custom! Isaiah has been on my "should-do" list for a while, but you actually made him, and made him much better than my original plans. Well done!

I"m also impressed that you drew the "Double V" sign. I could never find a clear picture of them to make a decal from.

Thanks hellpop. Actualy I thought you already made him weeks ago but haven't had the time to take a pic of him yet. :whistling:

(Sorry man, but I still like to tease you with that. And feel free to do the same. If you feel offended in anyway, just let me know and I will stop it. (Maybe.) :tongue: )

Anyway, I'd be glad if you use that decal. You're very welcome.

Thanks hellpop. Actualy I thought you already made him weeks ago but haven't had the time to take a pic of him yet. :whistling:

(Sorry man, but I still like to tease you with that. And feel free to do the same. If you feel offended in anyway, just let me know and I will stop it. (Maybe.) :tongue: )

Anyway, I'd be glad if you use that decal. You're very welcome.

Nah, I don't mind at all. It's a good running joke, even if no one else has no idea what we're talking about. :thumbsup: