UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Lego Monster Fighters

Edited instead of making a new topic. I was really interested in picking up the Vampyre Castle (set 9846) and am hoping it'll go good with my Universal Monsters 'mates, plus the couple other "classic" lookin' monster mates that I've put together. I was wondering if any of the rest of you thought about doing this as well?

I really like Lego's and used to buy sets to supplement my 'mates back around 2006/2007. The costliness of the bigger sets is what keeps me away, though. Otherwise, I'd be all over some of those sets to kit-bash and make to use with my 'mates. When I saw these Monster Figthers sets I thought it'd be a really neat way to build a creepy Halloween-ish castle.

I'd like to get 2 Vampyre castle sets, along with at least one of the laboratory sets to add in. Maybe a few of those werewolf sets for the big trees to surround the castle with.

What d'you guys think?

Edited by Mystery Man

Hey all,

There's a really expensive Lego set ($100) that I'd really love to have but can't justify spending that much money on it.

Do any of you who buy Lego's know of places to pick up the sets w/out figures? As I'll be using minimates with it, I don't mind if it doesn't have the block-figures included but I'd like to find someplace to get it cheap, if possible, even though it may mean that I'll have to do some waiting.

Thanks!

-Matt

Check out http://www.bricklink.com/ back when I was collecting all the vintage castle lego's from my childhood this is where I snagged them all up. Almost always cheaper than the bay also and losts of times can buy the sets w/o the minifigs which is nice.

I would say check out flea markets.

There is one here that is once a month and the last one i went to, it had 4 dealers that sold mini figures, loose and completely built sets, accessories. You name it, they probably had it.

that whole series looks like it should be awesome. I am trying to find some old mega blok dragon sets for the battle beasts that will soon invade my collection and oh how I wish there was a bricklink for mega bloks. the ebay hit or miss thing stinks :(

There was a little discussion in the Marvel thread if any Mods (Luke?) wanna do a merge.

These are my most anticipated sets in a long time. Saw them the other day but don't have the funds for them right now. Must have that castle though. This whole line is such a nostalgia-fest for me.

I absolutely want to get the eventual Haunted House that they're 'sposed to put out.

I feel ya on the lack of funds for these. Luckily (?) for me, none of them have showed up in town so I don't have that temptation... but I went ahead and ordered the Vampyre Castle off of Amazon. I'm already looking at Lego parts online so I can turn one of the tower turrets into a holding pen w/clear blue floor that can lead to a lagoon to keep my Creature 'mate in. :)

I don't really collect Lego minifigs (so I tell myself), but I have a feww of the monsters. I have a skeleton, Frankenstein's Monser, and a mad scientist. I keep meaning to get a ghost, a werewolf, and a vampire, but just haven't done it yet. I also have Vader, Boba Fett and a couple Stormtroopers.

• 2 weeks later...

Reminds me of the Psycho house. Love the added touch of the broken shutters. Very creepy for a Lego set. I too would love to get most Lego sets if it weren't for the cost.

I have the Lex Luthor bot on my desk fighting Supes, Wondy, and Bats. Hoping with the release of DC Lego Batman 2 that we'll get a Flash and GL too.

As for the minifigures, I hit up the local TRU weekly with a friend of mine and can guess most of the figures by crinkling the packages between our fingers. He displays them on his desk- I use them in place of the meeples that came with Survive: Escape from Atlantis (with some lego bars to keep them on the boat):

double.jpg

The first casuality of the game:

mime.jpg

...and the first two surviors:

survivor.jpg

Wow, that werewolf head looks great on that body. Nicely done.

If anyone buys the lab to use with your Minimates, I'm looking to buy just the Frankenstein from that set. Just figured I'd throw that out there. ;)

I'd like to buy the lab and would be glad to sell you the Frankenstein figure, but alas I can't afford to get the lab right now. When I eventually do, I'll PM you on the off-chance you haven't picked up the Frankenstein yet.

Did you just plunk that head down on the minimate neck peg or did you have to do anything else to get it to fit?

I had to do a bit of work on it. There is a bit of fur that sticks down in the front that had to be completely cut off and the inside of the fur on the back had to be sanded down and angled just a bit so that the peg hole would line up better. I also clipped a bit out of the neck hole, though it isn't required, just to be sure that Wolvesbane's neck ball wouldn't get damaged.

• 2 weeks later...

Question for any of you Lego builders who've seen the Haunted House link I posted above:

Think I could get 2 sets and smash 'em into one, bigger house by making more rooms left-to-right-wise and extending the floors/ceilings? I don't see any problems with it but am not sure.

... of course I'll also have to not buy any minimates for a long time if I want to afford such a purchase. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Question for any of you Lego builders who've seen the Haunted House link I posted above:

Think I could get 2 sets and smash 'em into one, bigger house by making more rooms left-to-right-wise and extending the floors/ceilings? I don't see any problems with it but am not sure.

... of course I'll also have to not buy any minimates for a long time if I want to afford such a purchase. :rolleyes:

I was wondering the same thing to make it more for minimates. You'd definitely need lots of spare parts to connect them and I don't know if the lego store has those same colors in their pick a part bins.

I was wondering the same thing to make it more for minimates. You'd definitely need lots of spare parts to connect them and I don't know if the lego store has those same colors in their pick a part bins.

I'm thinking 2 of the Haunted House sets would have enough parts to make a Haunted House with either taller rooms OR longer hallways.

I also want to get a 2nd Vampyre Castle to make the rooms taller for 'mates.

Reminds me of the Psycho house. Love the added touch of the broken shutters. Very creepy for a Lego set. I too would love to get most Lego sets if it weren't for the cost.

I have the Lex Luthor bot on my desk fighting Supes, Wondy, and Bats. Hoping with the release of DC Lego Batman 2 that we'll get a Flash and GL too.

As for the minifigures, I hit up the local TRU weekly with a friend of mine and can guess most of the figures by crinkling the packages between our fingers. He displays them on his desk- I use them in place of the meeples that came with Survive: Escape from Atlantis (with some lego bars to keep them on the boat):

double.jpg

The first casuality of the game:

mime.jpg

...and the first two surviors:

survivor.jpg

I love that game, I am a bit of a boardgamegeek and have an older parker brothers edition, it's just one of those games that starts out with people trying to play nice but ends up horribly cut throat... using minifigs instead of pawns is a great idea to personalise exactly who gets eaten by the shark next!

T.