UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Firefox "Mumbo-Jumbo"

The skins as far as I can tell have never been updated since I made them way back in 2007, considering the evolutions in web browsers and IPB itself its no wonder there is a degree of crap floating around.

If people want a "quick" fix, Use the skin selector down below and switch to MMMV2007 Low Res which avoids most of the junk at the cost of looking rather retro.

Sorry 'bout the necro...

But are people still seeing this, or is it just me? I'm on the latest Firefox, 3.6.13.

I started poking around with the embedded css and found this nugget that I think might be the problem.

.codetop,

.sqltop,

.htmltop

{

background: #FDDBCC url(d #000;

color: #000;

font-weight: bold;

margin: 0 auto 0 auto;

padding: 3px;

border-bottom: 0;

(style_images/Jet/css_img_code.gif) no-repeat right: ;

(style_images/mmmv2007/css_img_code.gif) no-repeat right: ;

}

If I pull out the 'background:' line, everything looks nice and clean again. (Those last two lines look a little odd to me too, but I'm no CSS guru.) And of course I don't know if this causes other layout problems in other browsers or anything. But I thought I'd share in hopes of helping. :)

Yeah, still seeing it. I think I'm used to it now.

I guess we could invest in new skins. I never see any issues on my end so there is no "motivation" to change. I rarely use Firefox because it seems to have issues more often than not (in my experience). I tend to use Chrome more than anything these days.

Wow! It's clean again! I feel the need to put on some pants to surf the site now. ;)

Just wondering how lazy that we really are that we sat in that garbled mess for a year and just "got used to it"?

You really bothered to put on pants to surf this place, none of the staff do! B)

T.