UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Recruitment Drive!

I said MMHQ twice. :)

I meant the urls of MMMV, MMC and MMHQ on the cards.

Either that, or you just like pimping your site ;)

For all the worries I have about doing the above I remind myself that I am a fan, short for fanatic.

I doubt any corporate authority would ever approve, but hey we are crazy! We don't need to be rational in our zeal.

Shanester - tell us more about the card idea. Are there waves? How are they printed? Where/how have they been successfully distributed?

As a legal disclaimer, I disavow any involvement in the above. ;)

Time to post my thoughts on all the ideas (longest post ever?)

Random thoughts:

- We send Ady out on a "media junket", where he can get interviewed at other web sites and help spread the word. (I have no idea what web sites - something pop-culture related, but not just Minimate. People's blogs, maybe?)

- Print more T-shirts with the URL? Maybe a T-shirt giveaway?

- The exclusive Minimate Multiverse Minimate?

- More publicity for the customizing contests. If we target the other action figure forums, we might be able to attract new customizers who could enjoy doing a simple Minimate custom.

- Add a permanent link from my own site (probably with the redesign)

- bIf we could find anyone that would interview me :P

- More T-Shirts is a good plan, unfortunately the return of AAs board seems to have thrown up a few complications in regards to a few things, Im unsure if they'd let us do anymore...

-An exclusive mate is a possibilty, I dont have a spare $20,000, so it'd have to be something along the lines of the bombermate, but as with the above point getting the blanks may prove a problem now.

-Definately, more publicity for the contests is a good thing

- Yays! Thanks

Well, what about a contest.

"If you get 10 people that join and use your name as a refrence, you get a MMMV t-shirt"

This would require 2 things.

1) a new part on the sign up, where you put down the email of the friend that told you. OR, you just make sure they give a name when they say hello

2) $3 s/h (and production) for the tshirts after you get 10 people that refrence you as a sorce. But that's shipping. Esentially it's a free t-shirt!

I think it's faster and WAY cheaper then doing exclusive minimates. And best of all, it leaves the recruting up to others. Let's face it, who doesn't love free t-shirts?

Good idea?

-Good idea but those things always tend to go badly, I could easily create ten accounts with different IPs and rig the contest, Im not overly keen on the "bribe people to refer friends" idea as it never really works that well and usually results in an influx of sock puppet accounts or spamming idiots..

I might be wrong though.

What about a guerilla fan club campaign?

In Targets, comic book stores, and other places Minimates are sold, mysterious business cards appear next to the merchandise.

The cards have the web urls of MMHQ, MMC, and MMHQ. They say "FREE UNOFFICIAL FAN CLUB CARD" or something like that.

Forum members around the world have the cards printed up and anonymously leave small stacks near the Minimates ...

We could have a contest in which members state, "If I left Fan Cards in stores, I would have left them in ---blank--- stores. But I deny taking any actions."

Thoughts? Ideas? Card designs?

The first rule about fight club is you dont talk about fight club.

Lets design a few collector cards that feature minis on one side and info about the minis and MMMV on the other side. Kinda like bubble gum cards.

These can be made realtively inexpensively and licenses are usually not a problem as long as the cards are not sold.

Just an idea.

Sounds good to me, although the afforementioned running stuff past AA might be an issue then again it might not. Something like this could well work, most people that buy mates ahve good relationships with their LCS's and they could well be perceptive to us putting little cards in/near the two packs.

Keep the ideas coming!