UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Kubrick Talk

TBT!

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say they were similar in respect of no limb-joints . I think the heads are longer & the legs are shorter,the hands are different & there are no tell-tale holes on the top of the feet.  The Disney kubricks (7 waves ) had kubrick style feet,legs,arms & hands ,most everything else is unique moulded heads ,bodies etc. & look nothing like typical kubricks.

These Adventurer figures are perhaps what many people think of as 'typical kubricks' :no: 

• 5 months later...

Just when I was convinced that they were dead , along comes a new kubrick ..or two !

"The Crow" seems to be available in 100% & the spectacular 1000% size . I have just one of the 1000% size kubricks which incidentally & inadvertently my very best toy investment . Mine is the Andy Warhol 1000% ....a bizarre 'toy' which is completely ....er...bizarre !

Anyway 'The Crow' is the first new kubrick in some time & the 'normal' size issue is prized at about $80+ !!!!   One kubrick $80 ....how many nutcases would pay that ? The 1000% is another bizarre toy & I must not buy it.

• 8 months later...

So many licences ....odd ones ?  To-Fu has to be the oddest but there are many odd anime licenses.

Fairly odd................... Beatles , Neon Genesis, Moomin, Ponkikis,Rody Gymnic = strange ........... there're  many other 'good' one's :

Snoopy,Smurfs,Spawn,Woody Woodpecker,Tron 

......& of course lesser known licences like Star Wars , Planet of the Apes,Metal Gear Solid ,Lost,Lupin,Harry Potter  & Toy Story which would make shit Minimates :rolleyes:

• 1 year later...

That's so cool BHM, always great to hear your updates on the wider block figure world, & trust you to order in both sizes 😛 ...it's cool to see that much of recent Kubrick Kontent has been minimalist releases in those scales. i wonder if you mess with bearbricks very much? i notice the larger body versions of those seem particularly popular/chic, and i'd be interested to know if any stood out to an aficionado such as yourself :)

a smaller kubrick happening here, as i have managed to get my hands on BOTH The Fake and The Trick Kubricks, with baggies included (i'm sure a completionist like you can appreciate that :p) from Joycon circa 2001 i believe? 

I've just started trying to get a look at your latest acquisition online; adding Hitchcock to Kubrick online compounds the usual directorial diversion when googling! we can only hope for Spielberg, Tarantino, Michael Bay to round out the set... and of course, a Stanley Kubrick Medicom Kubrick 😛 that would be an epic wrap party indeed one might say, an epic rap battle for the history books

Hope your Hitchcocks Present soon mate!

Luke, I now recall you showing me these before & I was stumped then .  There are still kubricks that appear online (in Japan) that are new to me , generally they are promos & generally they are still bagged so that makes it easier to verify them as genuine kubricks.My gut feeling is that these are not kubrick promos & I am fairly certain they are not mainstream. 

Are there peg holes on the bottom of the feet ?

On 12/2/2023 at 3:55 AM, buttheadsmate said:

Luke, I now recall you showing me these before & I was stumped then .  There are still kubricks that appear online (in Japan) that are new to me , generally they are promos & generally they are still bagged so that makes it easier to verify them as genuine kubricks.My gut feeling is that these are not kubrick promos & I am fairly certain they are not mainstream. 

Are there peg holes on the bottom of the feet ?

Yep there are peg holes. I have tried asking about these on a few "identify this figure" Facebook groups, but no one seems to know what they are. 

the mystery continues 😮 i concur on be@rbricks looking a bit abysmal and yes indeed, the 'trick' and the 'fake' do indeed have the clocks and gauges and rivets and meters: i fancied their look as a little like retro robots, not realising their promo nature til i was quids in 😛 

does anyone have much experience with minority report kubricks? i've been trying to assemble one of the 'spiders' from that line but i can't seem to get the balls into the joints