UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Charitymates 7

Along the lines of what jcastick and Punisher have suggested what about a historical figure/forgotten superhero mash-up? You could have characters like Albert Einstein as Atomic-Man and Rosa Parks as The Equalizer! This would also allow the more ambitious customizers to make two customs: one in costume and one in civilian clothing. We can call it:

Charitymates 7: Historical Heroes

...or even 'The Past Is Super!"

I really like this idea, I'd definitely be up for this theme.

I second that notion, it implements both golden age heroes or the possibility of steampunk heroes (I call Tesla)

Yeah, sounds nice actually. It's what I meant by SP SHs anyways.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Along the lines of what jcastick and Punisher have suggested what about a historical figure/forgotten superhero mash-up? You could have characters like Albert Einstein as Atomic-Man and Rosa Parks as The Equalizer! This would also allow the more ambitious customizers to make two customs: one in costume and one in civilian clothing. We can call it:

Charitymates 7: Historical Heroes

...or even 'The Past Is Super!"

I really like this idea, I'd definitely be up for this theme.

Im also up for this Idea!

But if we DO go with the "Historical Figure as a Hero" idea,what would classify as a Hero? For example,could an entry be based on Ghost Rider or Punisher,or would they be too grim?

Super-heroes? I'm in.

Yes, this is what I would love to do...........now where are all those extra chrome parts i had laying around?!?!?!?

I would love to see a super-hero with the strength and abilities of chrome.

Commander Chrome, and his trusty partner Chrome-Dome! to the rescue!

Superheroes based on the area you come from maybe. Could be from a land mark or historical figure from your city or area

For Example If I was going to enter I would prob go for something based on the Liverbird it being the symbol of Liverpool (As thats where I'm from) so already that would give me ideas of a flight based hero.

Kinda a "Hometown Heroes" thing

Superheroes based on the area you come from maybe. Could be from a land mark or historical figure from your city or area

For Example If I was going to enter I would prob go for something based on the Liverbird it being the symbol of Liverpool (As thats where I'm from) so already that would give me ideas of a flight based hero.

Kinda a "Hometown Heroes" thing

Good idea,but what if numerous members live in the same city?

I really liked the steampunk idea. Though if the theme is superheores then i could make a seampunk hero or villain. Are villains acceptable?

That would be like saying "We're making dog minimates! Are cats acceptable?"

I think it comes down to interpretation of the theme. We had a few customizers that made monster hunters instead of actual monsters for our first project. So for the 'Superhero' theme people could make superheroes gone bad like The Plutonian from Irredeemable or anti-heroes like Wolverine or Batman.

Everyone seems to be on board for the Superheroes theme so why don't we stick to that and start brainstorming charity ideas? And for those that are new, the easiest thing for us to do since we sell the customs on eBay is to support a charity that is listed on eBay's Giving Works site.

http://givingworks.ebay.com/

Along those lines, I'd like to suggest the Wish Upon a Hero Foundation: http://givingworks.ebay.com/charity-auctions/charity/wish-upon-a-hero-foundation/32639/

I think villains should be allowed if they are part of a hero/villain duo so you have someone for the hero to fight, but making a villain on its own could be considered in bad taste?