UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What Are You Playing

neolego

Wow, I miss the good ol days of one Video Game thread where we all went to talk. Now, we got this spify new Board all to ourself and we don't talk much anymore. So, in hoping to bring back the glory days, I thought I'd start this thread. Here you can comment on what games you are playing. We can share thoughts about our currenty experiences and hopefully have some good discussions again. And I promise no GTA Hooker Bashing ;) !

As for me. I've played LOST: Via Domas on the 360 the past few days. I'm trying to get the last few achievements left so I can trade it in. They are pretty easy to get so I don't want to give up the game before I get them. It really was a solid game. No worth the original $60 price tag, but I picked it up for $30 after the drop and I enjoyed it! I've also beat LEGO Indy and I'm working on going back through Free Play to unlock everything. That's always a blast for me, but I'm a collecting addict, lol! And, on my lonely Wii I am still hitting WiiFit. Although, my time has slacked off recently. What can I say, I like being chubby :).

On the handheld side I'm still entranced by Rune Factory. I found it for clearance for $10, picked it up cause I love Harvest Moon and haven't stopped playing. I'm at the beginning of the Fall season now and I'm growing Sweet Potatoes like it's going out of style!!!

On a side note, Civilization Revolution drops today! I'm picking it up after work and it will probably take over the rest of my week and most of my weekend.....just like the Demo did! neo

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I dusted off my 360 recently and picked back up on Lego Star Wars II for a bit.

Most of my gaming the past couple of months has been (I'm almost embarrassed to say) Pokemon. A week or so before I beat Ruby, I found Pearl on sale for $25 so I'm in the second half of a Pokemon double-header!

I knew getting that DS for Christmas was going to cause a relapse into Poke-addiction! :lol:

I dusted off my 360 recently and picked back up on Lego Star Wars II for a bit.

Most of my gaming the past couple of months has been (I'm almost embarrassed to say) Pokemon. A week or so before I beat Ruby, I found Pearl on sale for $25 so I'm in the second half of a Pokemon double-header!

I knew getting that DS for Christmas was going to cause a relapse into Poke-addiction! :lol:

Don't be embarassed, Pokemon is an amazing game. In fact, I still play Gold and Silver because those two are my favorites of all time. Honestly, they're the best ones.

Once I found out about Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 coming out, I started MUA over and am pretty much just keeping sharp for when it's released. The main goal the first time around was to unlock Thor's sweet looking armor and Nick Fury.

Edited by Fo Shizzle

I am playing Lost Odyssey on the 360, and so far it is shaping up to be a really good rpg. Also before bed I play Burnout Paradise with my son on my lap. Cars are his favorite thing in the world right now.

On the DS, I am slowly working my way through Professor Layton and the Curious Village. I am also playing Lego Indiana Jones, which is always a good time.

On the Wii, my wife and I are working on the co-op modes in Boom Blox.

I recently played through Resident Evil 3. I'm still working on some of the extra stuff. I still play Halo 3 and Super Smash Bros Brawl all the time. Me and my girlfriend are also playing through Resident Evil 0 together.

I recently played through Resident Evil 3. I'm still working on some of the extra stuff. I still play Halo 3 and Super Smash Bros Brawl all the time. Me and my girlfriend are also playing through Resident Evil 0 together.

Resident Evil 0 is a great game to play with a girl. My wife had the death grip on my arm for at least half the game. :)

Resident Evil 0 is a great game to play with a girl. My wife had the death grip on my arm for at least half the game. :)

She plays as much as I do. :) It's a blast to play though. Now I just have to get that tattoo that Billy has...

We just got past

the giant bat in the church.

My kids have Wii and Gamcube games, but I prefer First-Person shooter games on the PC.

I just finished Stalker, Shadow of Chernobyl which is pretty complex and has lots of levels.

I've also finished Quake 4 and Medal of Honor Allied Assault which were both pretty fun

I'm looking for similar games - anyone have any suggestions?

My kids have Wii and Gamcube games, but I prefer First-Person shooter games on the PC.

I just finished Stalker, Shadow of Chernobyl which is pretty complex and has lots of levels.

I've also finished Quake 4 and Medal of Honor Allied Assault which were both pretty fun

I'm looking for similar games - anyone have any suggestions?

Half-Life. I'm playing Half Life on PS2 right now and it's awesome. Possibly my favorite FPS this side of Metroid Prime 3 (Which I'm stuck on. No idea what to do).

I was going through my Halo 3 phase, then moved onto Ghost Recon and realized I kind of sucked :blush: I answered the challenge though and beat it, sadly on the easiest setting :pinch: Now I'm playing Halo 2, picked it up for $4.98 on clearance at Target. Very interesting to play one of the old Xbox games on the 360. Just in the short amount of time the visuals seems so much more realistic.

I was going through my Halo 3 phase, then moved onto Ghost Recon and realized I kind of sucked :blush: I answered the challenge though and beat it, sadly on the easiest setting :pinch: Now I'm playing Halo 2, picked it up for $4.98 on clearance at Target. Very interesting to play one of the old Xbox games on the 360. Just in the short amount of time the visuals seems so much more realistic.

Going from Halo To Ghost Recon is always going to be tricky... GR is much more of a one shot and your dead softly softly catchee monkey play style... Something I enjoy way more. I have GRAW2 and will be more than happy to play some coop with you if you ever get your ass online. ;)

As for me and what I'm playing, well it's mostly battlefield bad company, it's not quiet CoD4 great but it gives much larger battlefields to play on and as I like to play sniper that's a huge bonus!

Other games that are on the play list right now are still GTAIV and Lego Indy for the PSP.

T.

NO MORE HEROES! this game is awesomely awesome :P

For those who havent heard of it, go rent it!

However, NOT a Wii game for the kids though, plenty of severed body parts and enough blood to drown 11 elephants.

hey luke, is lego indy any good on the ds, or should i just pick it up for wii?

Edited by the punisher=D

How man, what a weekend. The iPhone 3G dropped (picked up a White 16 gig) and then I had a wedding in Garland. So, needless to say I didn't pick up a controller until last night. I did all the way throught he Fall on Rune Factory though, lol. Anyway, back to last night, I finally put in Civ on the 360. I've had it since Wed but haven't had time to play. Can I just say that it's one of the most addicting games that I've ever owned. I played all the way through to the "Modern Era" (2000s) as the good ol USofA. And like that, 2 and half hours were gone and I had to force myself to put it down. The game is really that great, it's fun and simple without being shallow. Another thing I love is the most of the acheievements are like 3 and 6 and 9 points, so it gives you much more to unlock which I find fun. Right now Washington is the #2 city behind dang Paris. I've attacked the French twice and got my butt handed to me so I made peace. However, 3 turns before I quit last night I discovered the automobile and now I can make artilary unites which are AWESOME! I wiped two English cities out with them last night.......and tonight, I'm gunning for the French!!

On another note, how is Indy on the DS compared to the Console? The reason I ask is because I was a little disappointed with LEGO Star Wars: TCS on the DS, as it tried to be the exact same thing as the Console, just scaled down. Alot of the minikits were in the same place and other than the graphics, there were a lot of places that you couldn't really tell a difference. My problem is that I don't want to play the same game on my Console that I play on the DS. I'm not an idiot, I know it's based on the same Trilogy so it will be the same story, but I want to see different locations and different power ups and different hidden items on a handheld as opposed to the Console, cause I'm not paying another $40 to play the same game with sucky graphics. So, with that being said, do you find Indy to be more like Star Wars where it's very, very similar, or do they seem to take it to a new place? neo

How man, what a weekend. The iPhone 3G dropped (picked up a White 16 gig) and then I had a wedding in Garland. So, needless to say I didn't pick up a controller until last night. I did all the way throught he Fall on Rune Factory though, lol. Anyway, back to last night, I finally put in Civ on the 360. I've had it since Wed but haven't had time to play. Can I just say that it's one of the most addicting games that I've ever owned. I played all the way through to the "Modern Era" (2000s) as the good ol USofA. And like that, 2 and half hours were gone and I had to force myself to put it down. The game is really that great, it's fun and simple without being shallow. Another thing I love is the most of the acheievements are like 3 and 6 and 9 points, so it gives you much more to unlock which I find fun. Right now Washington is the #2 city behind dang Paris. I've attacked the French twice and got my butt handed to me so I made peace. However, 3 turns before I quit last night I discovered the automobile and now I can make artilary unites which are AWESOME! I wiped two English cities out with them last night.......and tonight, I'm gunning for the French!!

Dude, you lost to the FRENCH? That's pathetic. They should be surrendering to YOU not the other way around. Sad, man. sad

Yeah, recently I've been playing Super Smash Bros Brawl, Okami, and The Legend Of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. They're all great, but TLOZ:PH is a little on the short and easy side. That said, I keep putting off the final boss because I hate the phantom dungeon.

Vig

Edited by Vigilante

My friend let me borrow Incredible Hulk on the DS after he was finished with it. Its actually not a terrible game. There are tons of skins to unlock, and the side scrolling action is pretty fun. There is basically no story, and the boss battles are kind of lousy, but overall I enjoyed it. I would say to pick it up in a few months when you can get it for $9.99.

Yeah, recently I've been playing Super Samsh Bros Brawl, Okami, and The Legend Of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. They're all great, but TLOZ:PH is a little on the short and easy side. That said, I keep putting off the final boss because I hate the phantom dungeon.

Vig

How's the controls on Okami on Wii? I missed it on PS2 and I never had the pleasure of playing this fascinating-looking game. I may get it on Wii if it ever goes down in price enough, but until then, I guess it's Smash Bros for me.

Edited by Trekker 42

I'm revisiting the MDKs. Really, really cool games. It's amazing to see just how much a game can improve through just one sequel. :)

Really, that's are the one game series they really should make into a movie. I mean, look at it! It's such a cinematic experience already!

Edited by Alpheon

I haven't played it on Wii, Trekker but Okami is AWESOME!

Definetly worth picking up. Think Zelda... But a wolf... No wait. This Zelda with puzzles.. Damnit!

Seriously though, it's Zelda without 30 items. Instread you have a paint brush. When you unlock bombs you "draw" a bomb to blow up a wall. I can't say enough good about this game.

What games am I playing? Same as usual. :whistling:

Halo 3 & Rock Band.

I just started playing a bunch of old Xbox games recently. I forgot how much fun some of those games were. My 4 year old son is old enough now that he is pretty good at playing first person shooters so we have been playing Halo 1,2, and Far Cry. I just ordered Time Splitters Future Perfect off ebay since mine appears to have vanished in thin air. That's another game I know he is going to like.

Well, Today is a big day for me. It's the day I go PSWii60! I've been putting it off for a long while, but I'm too much of a movie fan to keep waiting - It's time for Blu Ray. I looked at the cheapest Blu Ray on the market, a Magnavox at $300. However, that is not upgradable and cannot connect to the internet. So, it's either a $400 Sony/Samsung Blu Ray player or a PS3. I simply don't know why anyone would choose the former. If you are going to spend the money it's way better to purchase a Blu Ray player with a complete Gaming Console included. So I'm going to bite the bullet and pick it up. While I don't feel I will play the PS3 much, I do like the diversity it brings to my gaming library. I'm thinking about picking up the last Ratchet game and Drake's Forture and I will for sure be getting Little Big Planet and DC Universe when that drops.

As for my currenty gaming, it's a little of the same. Played quite a bit of Boom Blocks over the weekend and I'm still working on the dang French in Civ. I am also VERY excited about 1941 dropping tomorrow. It's one of my most anticipated XBLA games of the year! neo

Edited by neolego