UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Mixi-Mate Contest

Shanester

Ok, here it is, the Mixi-Mate Contest. The task, should you accept it, is to look at the photo and determine what characters the pieces used were taken from. Identify the part and what character it came from. PM your guesses to me. The contest will end on Monday afternoon about Noon CST. We have 5 more Minimate Multiverse C2E2 Exclusive figures to award those who are correct. If more than 5 people have completely correct entries, entries will be randomly chosen for the prize. This contest is open to all current Minimate Multiverse members. You don't need to be super specific about what wave the character came from, but it has to be the correct character and keep in mind that this contains characters from a few different licenses. For Left and Right designations, use the figures left and right, not your own. Any questions, feel free to contact me.

The format for your answers, needs not be in particular order, but try to do it something like this:

Hair: answer

Head: answer

Torso: answer

Pelvis: answer

R arm: answer

L arm: answer

R hand: answer

L hand: answer

R leg: answer

L leg: answer

R foot: answer

L foot: answer

accessory: answer

Here is the Mixi-mate:

2014-05-12185242_zps65e407b0.jpg

If you have any issues seeing the image, contact me. BONUS: I am giving away the identity of the left foot, mostly because I think its is hard to identify in the image. So, to be fair, the left foot is that of Iron Fist.

Remember, PM your guesses to me.

Really had to search for a few of those pieces while I was surprised at how quickly I figured out some of the others. Pretty fun even if I don't win (but I really hope I do :) )

That was actually a lot of fun. Gave me an excuse to rummage through my collection. Here's hoping I guessed right.

Okay, this contest was a little harder than it looked. I expected the hair to be a bit of a trick question but left it to see who got it. The hair is the same piece that comes with Riot-Attack Spiderman, or is it? Actually, its not. If you know enough about the head on the Mixi-Mate, then you know Dark Phoenix did not have a peg hole in the top of her head. Riot-Attack Spiderman (and his hairpiece) does, therefore his hair would technically not fit the head. The hair on Mixi-Mate is that of Juggernaut from wave 5. Now, that said, I accepted both answers, but extra credit is given if the hair was identified as Juggernaut.

Only one member got all the parts exactly right and that is Additup.

Here is the list of correct parts:

Hair: Juggernaut (wave 5)
Head: Dark Phoenix
Torso: Cosmic Silver Surfer
Pelvis: Hulk
R arm: Magneto
L arm: Union Jack
R hand: Transformation Venom
L hand: Cyclops (wave 9)
R leg: Daredevil Yellow
L leg: Lady Death
R foot: Abomination
L foot: Iron Fist
accessory: Tricorder from Star Trek

Here are the winners, please PM me your address.

1. Additup

2. Shogi

3. CBMM1

4. Modefan

5. Slushyfrog

6. Smashmaster12

7. Prowlar

I was originally just awarding 5 of these, but these guys did a great job.

Wish I would have caught the posting of this contest on Friday. I just noticed it. I was viewing site from my iPhone over weekend while traveling so did not see the contests section.

I was surprised I knew all the parts except for three (which really was two per the left foot was one until I read the bonus hint.)

Congratulations to all who got it right.

The hair tripped me up, I thought for sure it was Riot Attack Spidey smile.png

Union Jack's arm was tricky too since Insulated Spiderman and Hellfire Club Guard have very similar arms

Thank You for holding another fun contest!

Edited by Shogi

To quote Rick Flair: Woooooooo!

I had a lot of fun participating in this contest and was so stoked to see I answered correctly. Thanks for holding the contest, and thanks to DST for making a cool promo mate. Congratulations to the other winners.

• 2 weeks later...

Just received mine in the mail today! So excited. Thanks again!