UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Universal Monsters Minimates

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That wood-painted coffin looks like it's alot deeper than the clear plastic one that I posted an image of... which I also found at Target.

I've gotta get some of those coffins now. I'd say 4 of 'em, for Drac and his brides. Too bad the coffins're generic, so it's tough to pin down exactly what type they are online. :confused: At least now I know to be on the lookout!

Does anybody who purchased them remember what came in the coffins? The GID skeleton in my above image was the too small one, whereas I've seen some online with a spider. I'm wondering if that's the same mold as the skeleton one or the larger type.

More monsters! Metalluna, Mole People, Phantom, Invisible Man, Creature Walks Among US. A Lon Chaney Phantom is a must.

I agree whole-heartedly! Of course, if we get a "Walks Among Us" Gillman... then I'm gonna want a fuzzy-vest "Son of Frankenstein", Ardeth Bey from "The Mummy" and even a mustachio'd "Son of..." and "House of..." Dracula. :tongue:

Edited by Mystery Man

This line cried out for accessories....a lab table.... a coffin...a clear variant Invisible Man....a sarchopagus (maybe we're getting that one?).....a Van de Graaf generator type thingy do whatsit......

I would support re-releasing the monsters if each came with an accessory like the Mummy does (Drac with Coffin, Frankenstein with table, Wolf Man with tree, Creature with alligator (does he wrestle an alligator in the movie? I think he does) ).

I'd also support the Phantom, Invisible Man, Metaluna Mutant, Mole People, Mr. Hyde and the Blob. And "Walks Among Us" Gillman, Son of Frankenstein, Ardeth Bey, and Dracula with and without mustaches.

The point is, I would buy more Monster Minimates.

Me too! I've got half dozens of these guys and would gladly buy extra's if they come with a swell accessory!

I love the Marvel 'mates, don't get me wrong. But I grew up watching these movies just as much as I did reading Marvel's from the 1960s that were my dad's and then reading the stuff that was coming out. Getting the Monsters is an absolute dream come true for me as a minimate collector and I would be SO happy if the line continued.

Heck, they could release one monster w/accessory for roughly the same cost of a 2-pack... or at least, I'd hope they could.

I'd do anything for more monsters. Mail order, collector's club, from DST direct. I don't care, I just want more of 'em!

Anybody else agree?

Halloween arrived early at TRU. I'll post open pics later today.

SDC11232.jpg

AH!

I agree!

I'll keep getting these little beauties as long as they keep coming!

The classic Marvel and DC lines have been superb and the Trek, Galactica and GB 'mates just as good.

But the Universal Monsters are the mutt's nuts.

I will now be stalking ebay all the time trying to find these!

Edited by steviebabes

Opened pics as promised. The Mummy has bandages on the back of his chest/torso. Nothing on back of the arms/legs.

If Frankenstein and Dracula couldn't sell I don't see how these will get us a fourth series. A final four pack with the Invisible Man, Phantom, Metalluna and another character would be a nice way to finish the line.

SDC11233.jpg

SDC11234.jpg

SDC11237.jpg

SDC11239.jpg

Thanks a MILLION for the pics! I dig that the Mummy has his scarab ring on! Can you possibly take a couple of pictures of his head from the top, back and side? I'm trying to determine how best to go about giving him hair.

That's also great news to hear that he has details on his back! I'm SO glad he isn't blank back there.

Oh man! I'm super jazzed and hope these show up asap online.

Just about everything DST has brought out in Minimate form surpasses anything that Medicom has brought out in kubrick form.......I know because I have every blah blah de diddy blah blah

Minimate Universal Monsters would be the exception.

I talk some crap don't I ?

Now that I've seen fwoosheyman's pics I must say that this wave looks incredible.....& who said that Minimates can't be sexy ? That Princess gal is gorgeous :wub:

Saw these at my TRU and passed. Not b/c they're not awesome, but b/c I picked up the exclusive MvC mates & a set of Halo marines. Hopefully I can score them on clearance like I score Drac and the others!

I'd imagine scoring them on clearance is less of a chance we'll see any other monster mates the next year.

I need to pick up the Mummy and sarcophagus next time I'm in TRU, that set looks awesome! I'd love to see an Invisible man set, also like to see any minimate head with a full face mummy wrap so I can make a Darkman custom :)