UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Purpose and future of this place!

I've had several people query this with me, so I figured it would be best to stick a post up to clarify all this.

This domain and assosciated hosting package has been purchased on a perpetual license, so will be here at least a year.

This software IS the same as the old AA boards, but has been purchased by myself and is 100% legitimate, if you look at the board footer you can see the licensing information.

I havent set out to replace the AA boards, when they come back up Im fully expecting a lot of people to go back there, if you want to stay here though thats cool, its all about choice.

If you want me to link to your site, just ask. I currently have no banner ads and the like but if anyone is interested in advertising, please get in touch. (It more than likely wont cost)

Cheers!

Nice to know it's not just a stopgap...

The moving home 2 times already with AA was starting to wear thin.

Even when AA gets back up I'll stick around assuming this place is run well :)

T.

As long as we don't start getting all of the "Trek Drama", I'm more that happy to stay here...

As long as we don't start getting all of the "Trek Drama", I'm more that happy to stay here...

I'll second that!

IF the AA board comes back, what I'm hearing from behind the scenes is that it won't be a place I want to visit.

What's the word on the street about the new forum? How is it going to be different? And thanks for setting this up Ady. Well done!

I plan on making this my new home for minimate news and talk as long as it last. Let the trek people have the AA forum. Thanks Ady for letting us have a new place to play.

On second thought I guess we do need the AA forum since they are the ones that make these plastic pieces of crack that we all love. I still hate Star Trek tough.

One - Just wanted to that Timbo for the invite!! I lost the emails regarding the forums, so I didn;t know where to find them once they came back.

Two - I'll definately stick around here, alot of good folks here :)

(Dang! He wasn't a moderator when I voiced my opinion.) <_<

I'd just like to say the Shanester explifies all things good in the world and should never be removed from the Multiverse roster.

^_^

• 3 weeks later...
Let the trek people have the AA forum.

Thanks! But we don't want it either.... :P:P

I sort of qualify to be here ...just...because I do own a couple of minimates thanks to the generosity if TBT, but as my name suggests I literally came in here to congratulate Ady and his team in being so incredibly well organised and getting this fabby new playpark ready for you guys so quickly!!

Since it looks at this time that the return of the AA forum seems very unlikely ~ and we may not like it when it does ~ the trekkers have dispersed to the four corners of the internet and are happily slugging out in numerous forums where we can breathe, express ourselves and argue away like trekkers do..round and round in ever decreasing circles...but what the hell, we love it that way! ;)

But seriously, I wanted to say to Ady, that we may have knocked jeads in the past, but I genuinely think he is a decent bloke and to wish him, and the rest of you ~ of whom I may only see a very few around the net in future ~ all the very best and lots of fun with your new forum.

Keep loving the toys!!

All the best

JulesXX

Let the trek people have the AA forum.

Thanks! But we don't want it either.... :P:P

I sort of qualify to be here ...just...because I do own a couple of minimates thanks to the generosity if TBT, but as my name suggests I literally came in here to congratulate Ady and his team in being so incredibly well organised and getting this fabby new playpark ready for you guys so quickly!!

Since it looks at this time that the return of the AA forum seems very unlikely ~ and we may not like it when it does ~ the trekkers have dispersed to the four corners of the internet and are happily slugging out in numerous forums where we can breathe, express ourselves and argue away like trekkers do..round and round in ever decreasing circles...but what the hell, we love it that way! ;)

But seriously, I wanted to say to Ady, that we may have knocked jeads in the past, but I genuinely think he is a decent bloke and to wish him, and the rest of you ~ of whom I may only see a very few around the net in future ~ all the very best and lots of fun with your new forum.

Keep loving the toys!!

All the best

JulesXX

Hi Jules

Of course if you stick to the one time only then you wont read this... but thought i'd say it anyways. :)

You're welcome here Jules, even if you're not really a minimate fan, It'd be nice to see you breeze through occasionly and add to the 'daypass' type sections...

Don't be a stranger...

T.

JULES!!! Can't you just stop in and grace us with your presence occassionally? You know most of us love having you around.

^^^

Shanester speaks the truth.

Besides I got to know you via Daypass (as was) rather than the trek forums so why not Stake out a table by the fire in The Minimate Arms and I'll fetch you a port and lemon and a bag of scampi flavour fries! :D

^^LOL!!!! You may change your mind when you discover that I drink pints and smoke cigars!! :P

If you and I weren't already married (to other people)...

:unsure::blink: Does the soon to be mrs 'ster know you're already married :blink::unsure:

:D

T.

Well, since I am a mere 3 weeks away from being married, I consider myself off the market. ;)