UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

REVIEW: Ghostbusters Minimates Wave 4

DaveOMac

Honestly not a bad review, seeing as how new you are to reviewing figures like these. I enjoyed the review of the figures I haven't gotten a chance to get my hands on, and I agree with your ratings entirely. Only thing I can fault you on is that the Subway Ghost was from Ghostbusters 1 =P

A nice review all round. Covered the key facts and took some nice pictures. I will add you missed the decal under the Statue of Liberty's dress (shows the four GBs) and you may want to know the four arms are a re-use from DC character Salaak. Also:

* GB2 Egon was released in TRU wave 3

* The upcoming GB2 boxset has everyone in the tan coloured costume, not the dark grey.

Hope to see more reviews soon :D

you may want to know the four arms are a re-use from DC character Salaak.

The whole figure seems like a cleverly disguised re-use character, doesn't it? Wasp's Wings, Sandman's Base, Sinestro's Head. . . Does anyone have a picture of the actual character from the film? I don't really remember it myself and it'd be nice to know how accurate DST has been able to make the figure considering it's all recycled parts.

Does anyone have a picture of the actual character from the film? I don't really remember it myself and it'd be nice to know how accurate DST has been able to make the figure considering it's all recycled parts.

I checked on the GB Wikia after the announcement but there wasn't a page for the ghost.

[edit]

Actually...

Hard to tell from the shot to be honest.

Edited by pawcanada

well - the face and arms look pretty spot-on. Although, in the pic of the ghost she looks a bit more like a quadruped kind fo beast than an upright bipedal creature as presented in the toy. Still - pretty impressive for a parts re-use figure.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for the replies. I've got some more reviews I want to work on and will try to do a better job on the next. Not sure if I'll do older waves as I have all my Minimates grouped by types together and would not be sure which accessories came with who anymore

Thx Danny, I'll add the Minimates Central to the GBMMA links as soon as I remember when I'm home :P

...I have all my Minimates grouped by types together and would not be sure which accessories came with who anymore

The Ghostbusters MiniMate Archive would be a good resource for that ;)

Edited by Jay Tigran