UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Name and Avatar Explanation

Alpheon

Wow, I just realized that this post exists. Anyways, my user name is simple, it's my favorite Battle Beast. I also use it as the name for my repaints, since both are symbols of change.

At some other boards, my user name is: koppenschevelle. That goes way back to when I first signed up my first message board at Team Chevelle. I was 17, and my first car was a 1967 Chevelle. So I just made a name that was my last name owning a chevelle.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name:Named after my favorite comic book character Alex "Havok" Summers

Avatar: spoof of weekend at Bernie's, but with the undertaker.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Zombie Shakespeare is a Simpsons reference. It was the first pop culture zombie name that I could think of when I started posting on zombie related sites and forums. Thought it was appropriate for this board since walking dead got me back into minimates after a long hiatus. The avatar is a zombie I drew originally for a t-shirt I made for my brother. It's slightly inspired from the first zombie in the original night of the living dead.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Mnemosyne was the Greek goddess of memory.

Nemesis has many references now, all tied back to Greek myth.

The two mashed together as Mnemosis (NEH mo sis) sound cooler and are slightly more unique than either name on its own.

My avatar is a Minimate sitting the iron throne of Westeros

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

My name is Eric and my favorite marvel minimate is the Richard Rider Nova. I'm a huge New Warriors fan especially Nova and when they made this mate I was so ecstacic. At that point the only founding member of the Warriors they made was Firestar so now she and some company. Hoping beyond hope they do more.

Edited by EricM

I was just thinking that I had never posted about my name. Here goes:

In high school, my friends and I came up with our own Star Wars identities and back stories. We were the Onyx Squadron, a Special Ops Stormtrooper Squad with our own unique version of the TIE Fighter, the TIE Ghost. I was 1st Lieutenant in the group and had the call sign Onyx 6. I used it for my email for a while and it has stuck for various online usernames.

I really need to come up with an image for my profile....

My username was the name I gave a line segment in a dull math class. An odd origin, but I've kept using it for most websites.

My profile picture is a Nightcrawler minimate from MMDB (Hail Ivan!) during April Fool's Day (my birthday), where all the images had a "neon" style.

I was just reading back through this thread, and the MMMV has really changed in eleven years...

I was really into Mister Miracle when I was on a DC kick a while back.  I'm not quite an escape artist but I try to live up to the name by helping out people on here whenever I can. :)

My avatar is blank because I have no idea how to edit it.

Man, there are so many names on here that I haven't seen in a while.  I hadn't realized so many guys had stopped posting on here!

Edited by MisterMiracle

Didn't realize I never did one of these. BigVis497 comes from WWE's Viscera. Way back in 1999 when I first got online, everyone had something 3:16 or something DX for their name on the wrestling websites I posted on. Screw that, I always wanted to be different. Since Viscera had about 12 fans I picked him. Big Vis was his nickname, 497 was his billed weight. It stuck ever since.

My avatar is basically the same deal. I love the offbeat and obscure, so right now I'm rocking custom Madcap Minimate control art. I think before this I had Century, and before that Death's Head (FPA). If it's obscure and out there, I'm all in.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought I had done one of these but maybe I just explained it in the introductions page but it's pretty self explanatory. Ben Reilly is my favorite superhero (Pete is just a hair behind him). The first comic I ever really remember picking up was one of the ones my aunt got me for Christmas. It was the issue with lady Doc Ock holding him. After seeing Spidey with the same suit for years in the cartoons Ben's suits just seemed badass in comparison.

Screen Shot 2017-02-11 at 4.16.56 PM.png