UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Legends discussion thread

TBT!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's assuming casual buyers build the BAF, which is likely not the case, especially if they have to buy the likes of Hellcat and Batroc to do it.

Bought the three movies figures loose from the Thanos wave since DST is only covering part of the team in MS. All are good figures, though Hulk seems a little off, mostly in the chest area. I wish Iron Man had at least one proper repulsor-firing interchangeable hand. And the Chris Evans likeness on the unmasked Cap head is nonexistent, but I guess that wasn't a surprise since it's the same head from the Winter Soldier version.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm seeing a ton of praise given to this set and I just don't share it. We knew Drax, Rocket and Starlord were re-releases. Minor differences aside. Gamora is cool. I was really looking forward to seeing comic Groot... and it's just the build a figure with new parts. Comic Groot really should have his uniform but God forbid Hasbro creates a new body for a box set they're charging $120 for. Which is pretty much all re-releases.

I was holding off on doing a custom comic style Groot for a buddy who collects these, now I'm going to start one since this really doesn't work at all.

120 seems like a lot. Consider it's only 5 figures. Well, 4 and half, really. that's like $26 a figure. Is that how much ML figs cost in the USA now?

They're usually 20-22. But the All-New X-Men set was announced at a much higher price point than what it ended up at retail, so who knows.

Rocket's new head looks fantastic. Still really wish he had leg articulation.

I could use a better Star-Lord. The one I finally ended up getting ended up being kinda floppy. :(

That price hurts, though.

Also, I finally found a Scarlet Witch last night, but she has an indentation on her cheek that makes her look like Andrea from Walking Dead:

ac03dc91-5139-47ab-8249-234dc266941e.png

I bought her, but I really hope I find a better one (and soon, so I can return the bad one - I kept it sealed). :(

• 1 month later...

Assuming these rumored listings are correct I'm even more impressed by Hasbro:

Speed Demon
Beetle (Possibly female version)
Venom
Morbius
Jack O' Lantern
Gwen Stacey
Spider-Man
Spider Silk
Shocker
Miles Morales Spider-Man
Spider-Girl (Ashley Barton)
Peter Parker
Electro

If ML can make teams like the Superior Foes of Spider-Man and the Wrecking Crew and minimates can't I may be collecting the wrong line.

They're doing the Superior Foes? Aw man, that hurts. I just finally got my Daredevil today, since Amazon has him back in stock. Hasbro is really knocking it out of the park with Legends right now. I've got a feeling we're going to be seeing a lot of these pegwarming for awhile, but I'll enjoy the ride while I can.

I just got DD from Amazon as well. Besides the gap around the ab joint and the ridiculous batons it's a nice figure, or at least as nice the current formula of heavy reuse will allow. I have a hard time giving them too much credit when I have figures from MS/DCC/NECA to compare them to. Still, it's an improvement over how Mattel executed the same idea.

I'm also a bit concerned that Hasbro is being too aggressive with character selection. I've got a feeling it's going to be possible to pick up a lot of these figures at heavy discounts near the end of the year.

Huh - they're really hitting the Spider-man universe hard, aren't they?

It's my corner of Marvel, but these are going to make someone very happy.
I hope Hasbro continues expanding it's line through the rest of Marvel.

They're probably continuing the two new "flagship" sublines for ML, Spider-man and Avengers. Jack O Lantern though, neat!

Ant-man wave is hitting all over the east coast. Walked into work the other day and had no expectation or reason to look for them, but there they were. Nice to be surprised in finding a wave after all this time. Bulldozer was already gone, because of course, so my Ultron stands missing an arm. GREAT wave, regardless; solid QC across the board, and i love Giant-man's headsculpt.

Normally I'd agree with you, but I think this year's Ant-Man set is pretty cool. I do wish that DST would take the opportunity to play off the buzz of a movie to release a comics set like this. I guess last year's DOFP set counts... but where's my comics Guardians of the Galaxy?