UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

MOD authority question

Since they own the site? (Or, if you prefer, since they're granted that authority by the guy who owns the site?)

Not trying to be snarky, just sayin': it's a private site, so there's no built-in expectation/guarantee of user privacy. I would guess that profile-fiddling isn't the sort of behavior that would endear mods to users, but it isn't something they're not fully within their authority to do if a user were to abuse his or her profile with something unnecessarily provocative.

Edited by Lobsterman

Because we had a complaint about the contents of your SIG by another member.

Taken from the guidelines.

"If your signature is in violation of any of these new rules, the Staff may remove it without prior notice. If you have any questions as to whether something is acceptable, please PM a Staff Member."

Feel free to take it up with another staff member if you are not comfortable with my actions but given that I already discussed it with them I doubt you'll get much sympathy.

T.

Because we had a complaint about the contents of your SIG by another member.

Taken from the guidelines.

"If your signature is in violation of any of these new rules, the Staff may remove it without prior notice. If you have any questions as to whether something is acceptable, please PM a Staff Member."

Feel free to take it up with another staff member if you are not comfortable with my actions but given that I already discussed it with them I doubt you'll get much sympathy.

T.

Yeah no surprise there, what exactly was wrong with my signature what was the complaint and from who or is it just you harassing me again?

and instead of contacting me and/or deleting the signature you feel the need to write your own stuff in my profile to what try and humiliate me? and thats OK?

Edited by Mattallica

It's happened to me. Twice in fact. It can be annoying, but you need to weigh if it's worth getting angry about.

If it's not, then just take a deep breath, count to ten and remember that you are a talking monkey on an organic space ship spinning through the emptiness of space. Smile and move on.

If it is worth getting mad about (and I'm not making a judgement call here. We all must pick our own battles) then I have no advice on what to do, but truly best of luck while you do it.

The complaint was because you changed your sig to "F.U.T.D.T." which was taken as and insult towards me by a member.

I deleted it and replaced it with "Is very close to being told to go sit on the naughty step!" which was a slightly tongue in cheek warning that insulting other members, let alone staff is a good way to earn yourself a suspension.

Once again go read the Guidelines,you've been here long enough to know that we have the right to do do whatever we feel like with Signatures here but seldom if ever do so without good reason.

I have no idea what the heck happened to you recently Matt but you've been here a long time and despite what you think I really do not want to see you talk yourself into a suspension or banning by continual escalation something that started with a trivial comment.

T.

So please enlighten us what did you mean by changing your sig to "F.U.T.D.T." within hours of posting the following?

And the rest of us don't care what your opinion of his opinion of your opinion is...

Can we get back on topic now?

T.

But You felt the need to comment didnt you tdt

T.

TBT laid it out BHM.

Matallica, there was a complaint from another member as to the possible meaning of your new sig. I do find it a bit suspicious after accusing TBT of picking on you. We may like toys, but we're not idiots. This doesn't need to turn into an argument. There was offense taken to your sig and it was removed. I really feel like we give everyone a fair shake here, but the bottom line is that I wanted it gone, and it is now gone. I do appologize that it upset you. That was not an intention. I mean that.

The member who brought this to our attention will not be named because I see the potential incriminations of the acronyms you chose. No good will come from naming the person.

Any attack on a staff member is likely to get folks in trouble here. If you have trouble with a staff member and feel that they are being unreasonable, let me know. But know this, we talk to each other and typically we do confer with each other just to make sure we have just cause, in a case like this.

Um, I am with Shane and TBT, on they can delete a sig, but if I may ask, TBT, why did you change his sig. Could you not have sent him a pm , telling him you had deleted it, and warning him of the consequences? I know I'm relatively new here, but these are the only things I saw wrong with what you did. Not saying that Matt was wrong if that's what he meant.

So please enlighten us what did you mean by changing your sig to "F.U.T.D.T." within hours of posting the following?

And the rest of us don't care what your opinion of his opinion of your opinion is...

Can we get back on topic now?

T.

But You felt the need to comment didnt you tdt

T.

You know what im tired of having to defend my thoughts, posts whatever. you obviously have an issue with me and will read into whatever no matter what i say so go for it i really have better things to due than argue with you, you are supposed to be the Moderator yet maybe its you that needs moderating, not that that is likely to happen around here. peace

TBT laid it out BHM.

Matallica, there was a complaint from another member as to the possible meaning of your new sig. I do find it a bit suspicious after accusing TBT of picking on you. We may like toys, but we're not idiots. This doesn't need to turn into an argument. There was offense taken to your sig and it was removed. I really feel like we give everyone a fair shake here, but the bottom line is that I wanted it gone, and it is now gone. I do appologize that it upset you. That was not an intention. I mean that.

The member who brought this to our attention will not be named because I see the potential incriminations of the acronyms you chose. No good will come from naming the person.

Any attack on a staff member is likely to get folks in trouble here. If you have trouble with a staff member and feel that they are being unreasonable, let me know. But know this, we talk to each other and typically we do confer with each other just to make sure we have just cause, in a case like this.

Did you discuss why he felt the need to add his own commentary to my sig line? That is what upset me. are you ok with your mods doing that?

OK, I'm sorry, but enough. I am tired of reading the fighting. Matt, you seem childish, acting like this, and TBT please don't respond. It's like feeding the animals at the zoo that the signs tell you not to. Can everyone take a time-out, and just think for a minute, is it worth getting banned or suspended, because of a sig.

Edited by sky_dive

OK, I'm sorry, but enough. I am tired of reading the fighting. Matt, your seem childish, acting like this, and TBT please don't respond. It's like feeding the animals at the zoo that the signs tell you not to. Can everyone take a time-out, and just think for a minute, is it worth getting banned or suspended, because of a sig.

as you pointed out in your first comment skydive i would like to know why he felt the need to add stuff to my sig? if you dont want to read it dont.

You know what im tired of having to defend my thoughts, posts whatever. you obviously have an issue with me and will read into whatever no matter what i say so go for it i really have better things to due than argue with you, you are supposed to be the Moderator yet maybe its you that needs moderating, not that that is likely to happen around here. peace

Having to defend our thoughts/posts etc is exactly what happens to staff everytime we ask people to "get back on topic" or to "perhaps calm down a little". I go through the long process of justifying my actions in public because I want to be transparent and show that when we MOD we do it for the good of the board not because we feel the need to pick on someone. Heck there are dozens of members that have told me I'm picking on them at one time or the other over the years,it's part of the job. Just because it's personal to you does not mean that it is for me, I'm simply trying to keep the place civil and running fairly smoothly.

Given the choice, Do you really think I wanted to waste a large chunk of my afternoon proving myself innocent of your or anyone elses accusations just to get at you? If I wanted to get at you I have the power to suspend or ban you, surely that would be much simpler? I haven't considered either because I felt that we could resolve this by talking it out.

You've been here a long time Matt, you know we don't moderate often but when we do step in we expect to be listened to. Let's take a breath ignore each other for 24 hrs and then see if we cant find some common ground here?

T.

I'm not looking to lay out any kind of judgement here, just an observation to think about.

This place is a safe haven for a lot of people, myself included. I know from experience that the mods and staff of boards that are really run well don't just haul of and do things in an arbitrary manner, they take the time to review with each other the situation and what appropriate action may or may not be. This is a really well maintained board. The eight some odd years of messages and sharing from dozens of long standing members I've witnessed is evidence of that. A place like this where lots of different folks come for entertainment or even comfort sometimes it demands some moderation to keep it from tearing itself up, it happens. The times in life when we really need a reality check are most often the very moments when we have the hardest time giving ourselves one.

"Do as you will, Be aware the affect you have on others."

Now lets all go pester Zach to make *Insert obscure property here* Minimates

There has been some bickering amongst members in the past and present, and it's caused some members to leave or take a long hiatus. Myself included.

I have strong feelings about some Members/Mod and they sure probably hate on me too for some reason or the other. And we all feel justified. At the end of the day we just need to know that it's about these awesome fun collectables and try to be a community that hooks each other up more than anything. Time heals alot of wounds and if that fails, it's a big universe and easy to ignore someone or rest assured that people will lose interest and move onward.

Edited by highassroller

Now lets all go pester Zach to make *Insert obscure property here* Minimates

Golden Girls. We're still waiting for Golden Girls.

MMMV is more interesting when there's at least one fight going on. I like being able to use this GIF as much as possible:

RZM33.gif

Golden girls, you nailed it. I would love a Betty White mate.