UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Character Building - Doctor Who

Aethyr

My thoughts are alot like yours. I thought they would be a bit bigger or chunkier from the original photo's and to be honest they are tiny. (That said the boxsets are selling like hot cakes from the LCS in Liverpool)

The main thing that will grab the general public is the £2 grab bag figures. when they hit the paper shops which is what they are aimed at then then i think ppl wiil go for them.

The timing is real good just before the next series and at a pocket money price point, for me that a very low fail point. (then again I have said to the paper shops around me if they get the the grab bags I wil buy a box full)

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone seen the blind bagged figures yet? I was in my local TRU today and they had no Character Building stuff at all.

Have to agree with BHM re: The TARDIS. It's fiddly as hell to put together. The 5+ on the box is some kind of a joke. Looks okay once it's together, though of the two, I prefer the Dalek Progenitor set. The mini figures are great though. Really looking forward to getting a few more of these.

I had a fiddly time with the Tardis as well (mostly the cross piece for the doors and getting the hinge pins all lined up). Having had the sets put together a few days and my 6 year old nephew staying I'm swayed towards the Dalek set as well we just seem to do more with that then the Tardis one.

I haven't seen the grab bags yet either but I havent been anywhere that I thought may stock them since I went to the LCS in Liverpool to get boxsets. I did read on one of the other forum posts about these that someone has come across the grab bags in I think Edinburgh but no where else I have heard of yet.

If I get hold of a single Dalek and they havent made it by then I'm going to get some Army Green and paint one as an Ironclad Dalek.

The bags were up for pre-order on Amazon UK last week but then disappeared as the release date approached. That's pretty much what happened with FP too. Google Doctor Who Character Building and the only links are for the box sets or toy sites carrying images. They just ain't about yet. Hopefully that'll change after this weekend :)

• 2 weeks later...

Was gonna post about the Mirror deal. Not into Doctor Who too much myself, but these figs are nice.

Picked up one for my cousin and another for a member on here. If I can get a couple more before the day is out for peeps I will. It's one per paper while stocks last, so if you turn up with 10 papers you get 10 figs. Which leads me to......Daleks tomorrow aka Army Builder Sunday!

Oh and my TRU had nothing but an empty case of the normal blind packs, nothing out back either. Last week they also had tonnes of the TARDIS and Dalek sets. Only 2 Dalek sets left today and no TARDIS sets. So this deal is clearly working wonders for them, I guess most are thinking "well I'm in TRU for my freebie so I might as well grab a set or two".

No lifer saturday for me. Travelled sodding miles but i now have:

5x todays exclusive doctor

1x tomorrows exclusive yellow dalek

16x single blind packs.

Ive gone through the blinds and got the folowing:

2x blue dalek

1X red dalek

6x cybermen

1X amy

4x doctor

1X screaming angel

1X silurian restac

So im short a smiler, both of the 1/36 rares and of course there was none of the super rares.

Can post pics later if anyone is interested.

I haven't bought a Daily Mirror in years but I bought 2 copies (which I never opened) & I'll continue to do so for the next two days ....purely on behalf of foreign dignitaries.The small print bothers me & the first come first served disclaimer will undoubtedly be my undoing as my nearest TRU/Sainsburys is 30 miles away in the 'big city'*. I just can't get excited about these but I have succumbed to buying a complete set of 10 from UK ebay.....I'm done with blind-boxes & I'd rather give the entrepreneurs a couple or so extra quid rather than 'enjoying the hunt' :rolleyes: My full set was £28 shipped & time will tell ;) whether that was a deal or not. They are readily available for around this price.

*I personally feel that ebay will be awash with the Mirror freebies soon anyway.

http://www.characterbuilding.eu/dr-who/micro-figures/

The official website is up and running. Looks like the Super Rare figures will be exactly that; super rare.

Projected Weeping Angel : 500 only

Raggedy Doctor : 500 only

Amy Pond (Green Coat) : 100 only

The Eleventh Doctor (Football Kit) : 100 only

Silurian Alaya : 100 only

I was looking forward to getting this entire line of figures/sets. Looks like it will become very difficult and very expensive.

I have noticed in the past that Character usually releases all the harder to find action figures again at a later date, does anyone on here think that these super rare figures will be released in the future as a set on their own?

http://www.characterbuilding.eu/dr-who/micro-figures/

The official website is up and running. Looks like the Super Rare figures will be exactly that; super rare.

Projected Weeping Angel : 500 only

Raggedy Doctor : 500 only

Amy Pond (Green Coat) : 100 only

The Eleventh Doctor (Football Kit) : 100 only

Silurian Alaya : 100 only

How to kill a line dead or what? Anyone else remember the Star Trek 1701 debacle?

I'm not going all out to get every figure in this line. The Super rare can remain so.

That was one thing that LEGO understood with their blind packaging for the collectable minifig series. No figure is 1 per box or anything like that.

100 only is just silly and will actually put off casual collectors.

The rage over the super limited ones on the dw forum is huge.

I gotta admit aside from the super rares they've got a lot right with the blind packs, bar the doctor the fact the common figures are all army builders is a smart move.... Even if i do now have ten cybermen....

Got a couple more yellow daleks today and more blue bow tie docs.

If anyone is in dire need throw me a pm

Right first things first:

I've receieved 20+ Pms about my spare Daleks/Doctors, while obviously popular I cant send one to everyone so I've gone first come first served, if you didn't recieve a PM back from me asking for shipping details Im afraid I cant help you at the moment.

I am trying to scrounge some more up.

I also only managed to get ONE Pandorica Amy today from 5(!) sainsburys it would appear they both got less of todays and also started handing em out yesturday when they ran out of Daleks so sadly I cannot help ANYONE with those.

Heres your pic Luke:

p09051112181.th.jpg

Also the Military figures character also do make great troops http://www.characterbuilding.eu/hmaf/micro-figures/ especially the blue beret ones as they look just like UNIT soldiers.