UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Avengers movie

MINI_MYTE

Okay, after doing some digging I see three choices based only on what we've seen so far of the aliens themselves, flying snake ship not with-standing.

First there's the already mentioned Autocrons, iron-based life forms who's scout was defeated by Machine Man.

Autocrons.gif

Then there's the A-Chiltarians, who once tried to invade earth with a giant robot cyclops, but were driven of by Ant-Man and the Wasp... God, I love Silver Age stories!

A-Chiltarians.gif

In their TOHBOTMUDE picture, they are shown without armor and they have compound eyes and Shrek style ear stalks, sort of like the faces on those legos.

Lastly we have the Interdites. No images apparently exist of them on the web. Old Handbook image makes them look for all the world like light blue Skrulls, with slightly less furrowed chins and yellow pupil and irisless eyes. Their civilization was destroyed by the Badoon. Adam Warlock met one once... yep, only one had ever been encountered on panel, once.

If ANY of these one appearance wonders are the REDACTED, it makes all the secrecy all the more stupid.

Edited by Mirymate

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The more I look at the alien on the right the more he looks like a Kree. The one on the left, however, looks completely different. Let us know what you come up with, Miry

I thought the same thing. Would be awesome and stupid at the same time if it was some wacky, obscure-o aliens that showed up once in one panel, though :lol:

Cap is still 50 feet tall......

Maybe there's a Hank Pym cameo and he makes Cap into Giant Man?

But seeing the Lego versions always remind me how much cooler 'mates look. Now if only we could get all of the vehicles and playsets that Lego has...

Oh and how upset would you guys be if they made up new aliens just for this movie?

Love the bit where the Hulk jumps across buildings whilst holding a REDACTED, slams said REDACTED into the wall and back hand smashes another REDACTED, watching the action, into paste. AWESOME!

Gonna guess Knights of Wundagore as our REDACTED... makes absolutely no sense 616 wise, but it would explain the atomic steeds, the ancient looking looking armor, even the dragon. Why the High Evolutionary would team with Loki to invde Earth... no idea.

Could be some kind of Asgardian demon, Malekith's dark elves, or Hela's undead warriors, but that doesn't explain the tech. (unless you run with that line in Thor about Asgardian magic and science are the same.)

I give up... these don't look like the trailers, or Skrulls, or anything else I vaguely recognize.

Heroclix is selling Skrulls with their movie stuff. Skrulls shape shift and so it really doesn't matter what they show us, it could still be Skrulls. And they are gold and purple, Thanos colors. So the whole darn plot was leaked months ago and thus all the secrecy was a pointless exercise in futility. And I feel doubly foolish for wasting any time on it. And there's no point getting ticked about it cause we're just going to go see it anyway.

I have a feeling they aren't even going to explain who they are in the movie. They are going to be "an army" or "Loki's army" and not really explained beyond that. I don't think people (the general public) will really care where they came from or even need an explanation.

I have a feeling they aren't even going to explain who they are in the movie. They are going to be "an army" or "Loki's army" and not really explained beyond that. I don't think people (the general public) will really care where they came from or even need an explanation.

And I think they will as a little in joke for the geeks of the world. I doubt Whedon would keep it this secret if it wasn't something worth revealing.

Oh I really want it to be some sort of cool little in-joke for us nerds... But I'm starting to think that perhaps the reason there isn't a name to them isn't some grand conspiracy... It's just that they are unnamed. wacko.gif

A buddy on another board posted this:

"It sure as hell looks to me like the Aliens are actually the Disir, the beings who were cast off to the "spaces in-between" realms. I mean, this image from the comics looks similar to me:

342px-D%C3%ADsir_%28Earth-616%29.jpg

And also, it would make sense. Loki falls into the area between realms by falling off the Rainbow Bridge, right? So he'd meet them there... ? "

Edited by Wug@10mfH