UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Chat live with DST Chuck, Wednesday, March 24th

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BHM, I'm using firefox and there is a little add called FoxClocks displaying different times on the bottom of your browser. You can choose from different cities or countries. Since my girlfriend is in New Zealand I think these little things are pretty usefull. When I was in NY I also had a German time displayed there. If you're using firefox, just give it a try.

Edited by Bob Harris

Um, I have to teach pre-schoolers at my church tonight. I suppose I could tell 'em off because I've got more important things to attend to.

Ah just put on a couple of Veggie Tales videos. They'll never notice you were gone.

Um, I have to teach pre-schoolers at my church tonight. I suppose I could tell 'em off because I've got more important things to attend to.

Seriously. Sometimes I just don't understand how people get their priorities all screwed up this way :no:

I would offer to ask any questions that folks who can't be here would like to ask, but there's a fair chance I'll get wrapped up with something (possibly an episode of Law and Order: Special Victims Unit) and forget to show up at all. Maybe you guys could start a thread with questions, and whoever is here could copy and paste them into the chat text box.

Edited by karamazov80

I just emailed Chuck & he too will be watching Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (which sounds like TBT's role on this forum) . He sends his apologies.....gave me the rundown on Marvel waves 37 & 38 ....talked a bit about Halo ......hinted about the new Batman box-set & sent some of the photographs from last year's DST Christmas Party showing [ this has been removed by the moderating team] which is no surprise to me but is obviously the reason he had to leave. Live eels....yuck :sick:

Fascinating stuff .

Ah just put on a couple of Veggie Tales videos. They'll never notice you were gone.

Putting on veggietale videos to young kids work ALL THE TIME,I remember when i was in kindergarden my school libarian showed us veggietals instead of us taking out books because he was too lazy to sign the books out.And watching veggietales is always better then learning or reading! :D

Yes, watching them is betting than learning. What's funny is how my wife and I had every Veggie Tales video made before we had kids.

And I realized that I'm not so much interested in asking one question as I am seeing a bit of discussion about something. I still don't understand why Star Trek isn't re-visited, but not by using the same formulas as before (ie, overdoses of Orignial Series).

According to FoxClocks (thanks again Bob!), there's only a 4 hour difference between US Eastern Time and UK time. So the chat should be at midnight for us on this side of the pond. Result!

Hmm. . .doesn't seem to be working at all with the wonky Firefox browser of mine, and I'm getting an error message on my Internet Explorer browser. Too bad I have no technical skills whatsoever, or I could probably figure this out.

Well, looks like it's not gonna be working for me. If I could make a single request--could someone ask about the potential for DST pursuing another, mini-80s license if Battle Beasts succeeds (and happens)? Specifically--MUSCLE? I think the idea of updating smaller figures from our childhood as Minimates is a great idea. These would be colorful and interesting looking, would evoke nostalgia, and are primed for the easiest variants of all times--plain flesh-coloredversions of existing figures. Kubricks are nice, but almost always a necessary 2nd choice because Minimates aren't available. Thanks.

And mods, howzabout letting us test chat on our computers in the future before these things happen, so we can work the kinks out?

I believe we will get a full transcript up soon.

Sam, I asked your MUSCLE question and got a very intriguing response! Chuck says they have another 80s property up their sleeve and to think HARD about who it is.