UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Chat live with DST Chuck, Wednesday, March 24th

Thats right! On Wednesday, March 24th, DST Chuck is going to stop by and do a live chat for about an hour.

The chat will begin at 8PM EST (sorry to our Euro members). You can access the chat room on that day here at the Multiverse. A short time before the chat begins, a "Live Chat" link will appear next to the "Arcade" link at the upper right portion of the forum.

Have your questions ready and stop by. It is sure to be an interesting event for Minimate and Diamond Select fans.

Thanks to Chuck for indulging us!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is grossartig!

I do have the link, too. But no T, it doesn't work. ;)

____

Edit: Since - as you already pointed out - this isn't really working for us European people, will there be a possibility to read the chat afterwards. Somehow?

Edited by Bob Harris

Like Bob said ! I've had this from before this announcement.

The chat software has been back in place for a few days now, what I'm more interested in is if you can access the chat and if not what does it say :)

T.

Clicking on the live chat button right now results in an error: "Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature." I gues that's what it should say right now?

And Minimadman, I guess that idea was already discussed a year ago* or so and it didn't seem to be an option. Or the use doesn't justify the problems it might create.

____

*: We need to wait for NorthRaider to get the exact link I guess. ;)

Didn't there used to be a discussion a few years before about such a function in an old thread?

Let's see... Eastern Standard Time would be the time in the west east coast, right? If my estimations are correct then that would make it 8:00 Thursday morning for us Asian boardies here. Hopefully some of us can make it ;)

(edit) D'oh, I meant EAST coast.

Edited by NorthRaider

edit: I see Bob just read my mind :lol: Search commencing.

Final results: there seems to have been some old discussions about the Chat function from when the Multiverse was still new and shiny, but this looks like the most recent discussion we've had about it for a while.

I'd refresh that if I were you.

Edited by NorthRaider

Works for me ;)

Be nice to get a good turnout for this guys, it's very cool that Chuck is holding this chat with us :)

By my reckoning 8pm Eastern is 1am UK time as there's 5 hours difference?

I might have to stay up late for that one with my jimjams and slippers and mug of cocoa :biggrin:

Think of live chat as real-time typing between a large group of people. Everyone's comments are visible as soon as they post, so you can get instant responses.

Very cool that Chuck is taking the time to do this. I'll be there.

Maybe (hopefully) Chuck won't be coming to this thingy alone... if we're lucky then maybe some of the other DST guys like Barry and Esti can come and chat one day too :)

Is this going to be a onetime thing Shane?

I think the plan is to have he chat enabled only for special events, but we're looking into perhaps doing regular topics on a weekly or monthly basis.

These things don't usually last though as they start with a huge amount of enthusiasm then as soon as something else comes along people get distracted... oh look a shiny thing...

T.

Aw thats nice guys, to set this up on my birthday :P . I'll have to see about sneaking off while I am at work....like I am doing now ;) ...... I remember waaay back in the day there was a chat, maybe on the old AA forum...but like Tim said, I remember maybe one or two people were on most of the time after the initial big rush.......ooh, be right back, I see something shiny!

I apologize for the time and recognize the fact that we have a large membership outiside the USA. However, our special guest in on the East Coast of the United States and this is the best time that he can offer us.

I do hope to see NorthRaider and the many other Euro and Asian members!

Wow, ths is pretty cool!! Hopefully i'm home from the gym by then. It'll certainly be wort an hour on this thing, and don't like homework anyway, sooooooooo...:P

Now, we just haveto remember. No "WHERE'S KANG???" every other post. ;)

It's "WHERE'S AGE OF APOCALYPSE?????" :lol:

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

The problem with it being open all the time is that it cannot be monitored and moderated. That said, if any members want to request a scheduled time to use it OR we can put together a regularly scheduled time for a member chat, I am all for it.

I'm glad that Chuck is willing to sacrifice some of his personal time with us!

I don’t know if this is feasible but could there be a transcript posted somewhere on the board afterward? It's a safe bet it'll be a long transcript so it's understandable if it isn't possible. I'm just interested in Chuck's responses but won't be able to participate.

As I try to decide exactly what I want to ask Chuck, I can't say it any better than the Thread Hunter did not to long ago:

Don'tsayanythingstupiddon'tsayanythingstupiddon'tsayanythingstupiddon'tsayanythingstupid...