UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Naked 721C colored blanks!

Just because other colors of skin/flesh exist, that does not make what we are talking about not flesh colored.

It is like saying apples cannot be described as Green because there are Red apples.

All I was saying is the thread title "Apple colored blanks" would be kinda wrong/vague, in that instance.

Context is your friend! in this case flesh colored instead of clothed minimates.

Which part of "Anyone who wants to debate otherwise go do it somewhere else!" was to hard for you to understand? ;)

T.

Which part of "Anyone who wants to debate otherwise go do it somewhere else!" was to hard for you to understand? ;)<_<

Hey, I was debating about apples, totally different subject! :D Anyway, I am off to somewhere else (bed)...

Edited by battlecat

Arguing about apples? Of all the places a topic about butt-naked blanks could have gone, I'm somewhat surprised and yet very relieved that the conversation went to apples.

So where did these come from again? Rob seems to have gotten them off of ebay, but why were they there?

I got mine here. I asked the seller and they said it was an unreleased promo they had. If you know you're promo history, the seller was responsible for the Emerald City Comic Con mates also. I don't know if that was related to how they got it, but that's all I know about it. And that I was very surprised at how low the price ended up being.

I got mine here. I asked the seller and they said it was an unreleased promo they had. If you know you're promo history, the seller was responsible for the Emerald City Comic Con mates also. I don't know if that was related to how they got it, but that's all I know about it. And that I was very surprised at how low the price ended up being.

I know Jaycen ( the seller) fairly well and he had close connections with AA in NY in the past, I've not spoken to him for a while though.

This probably came from the same batch as the one I have.

Damn that is a good price groundhog, good job! I know I wouldn't part with my for anywhere near that low!

T.

Look, they best way to settle this argument is simple:

Rename "flesh" (that soft squishy stuff that most sentient beings and representations thereof are often covered in) into "meat."

Rename the flesh-colored blanks "tastefully undressed Minimate prototype base figures."

For everything else, refer to this helpful little blog entry. :P

buttheadsmate - I have no idea what you are saying as usual. :P

This opens up a HUGE can of worms in my opinion.

Huge can of peaches with worms in them.

I'm sure BHM will have something to chip in on this subject as he used to be a printer and it's rumored they know a bit about pantone reference.

'Rumored' .....priceless Timbo priceless.

Pantone & I were not the greatest of friends in my previous life as a printer. If I had a penny for every bugger(customer) that specified a Pantone colour to me whilst brandishing his 10 year old faded Pantone book at me then I would be a rich man . It's a guide ,a necessary guide but very very fallible........

.....unlike Graphic Designers.

Today I'm going to take some photographs .......

..... shoot some blanks :rolleyes:

I'll post them later.

Tim, 'flesh coloured blanks in baggies'.........somethings not quite 'nice' about that .

Edited by buttheadsmate

I'll offer my usual apologies for my photography but here's a selection of what I have. In the cool light of day I reckon now that they ARE the real deal & any discrepancies in the colour of body parts is due to production rather than being 'pieced together 'a la Frankenmate'. Timbo gave me one of the whites & they also have variations in colour throughout their entirety ....if you know what I mean? The ..I'm gonna call them.... 'flesh' ones were an ebay win & really were for nothing ($20+ if I recall) & came with a bunch of other Minimates . I spotted them in a very poorly pictured ebay lot & took a risk.....I'm glad I did. The 'guy with the eyes' is actually my favourite & reminds me of my favourite German. ;) Where is Bob BTW? The eyes are just penned on amateurishly but who cares?

post-638-1275992997_thumb.jpgpost-638-1275993053_thumb.jpgpost-638-1275993093_thumb.jpgpost-638-1275993164_thumb.jpgpost-638-1275993297_thumb.jpg

post-638-1275993345_thumb.jpgpost-638-1275993385_thumb.jpg

Check out the torso of the 3" Black (is Black OK?) Minimate ......it is actually three pieces :ohmy: ....I never realised that did anybody else?

I'm probably the only person that didn't....

seriously?? your going to argue a "light toned flesh" be called "peach"??????

I think the term "Flesh" is appropriate when talking about skin and or skin pigment.

The thing is, skin pigment (melanin) is a very, very dark brown color. The amount of it present in your skin sets your overall skin tone.

And seriously, yes, assuming light-colored, pinkish skin from European genetic stock is some sort of standard and thus the default color for flesh is just wrong. We're becoming a global society, folks, no reason we can't consciously cast off our outdated eccentricities.

Whether "peach" is the correct color name could be up for debate. But it gets the message across, has been used by Crayola for decades so is a strong candidate.

I really don't have a dog in this fight. If you guys think I should change the flesh MMDB entries I can fairly easily.

Yes, I think you should. How do you want to present yourself to the global community that accesses your site?

Being a fan of the blanks, I do have a peach blank I pieced together last year or so. The pieces came from the same production time frame, so the colors match just fine, at least as well as any production white blank AA/DST has kicked out.

Edited by Cappy

Check out the torso of the 3" Black (is Black OK?) Minimate ......it is actually three pieces :ohmy: ....I never realised that did anybody else?

I noticed it but was too afraid to try and pry it apart. I like the 3 inch body alittle more than the 2 inch body because i think the arms and legs are more posable.

I noticed it but was too afraid to try and pry it apart. I like the 3 inch body alittle more than the 2 inch body because i think the arms and legs are more posable.

I disagree.I like the 2 inch bodies better because to me the 3 inch bodies just seem a little generic. ( To me any way) :rolleyes: