UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DST Q & A #9

Shanester

Lets keep this rolling.

READ THESE RULES!!

Please, remember a few things when asking questions.

1. Make sure your question(s) has not/have not already been asked.

2. Try to keep it to 1-5 questions per member/per post.

3. Ask DST ONLY about DST licenses (ie. DST does not control DCD Minis).

4. Keep your question short and to the point. No novels or life stories.

5. If you are insulting, threatening, rude, demanding, impolite, or fail to heed any of these rules, your question will very well be deleted.

Go!

Whats up Chuck, I have a couple of questions for you that I hope you can answer.

1) How far in advance do you guys plan for future waves?

2) What are some marvel mini's that you guys really want to make, but haven't gotten around to makin them

3) Does the voice of fans influence the selection process?

4) What is the possible box set (if any) for marvel mini's?

5) I know that the height limit for marvel mini's but is there a width restriction (i.e. for making a blob character)

Thanks for answering!

Edited by ramseesthegreat1

I'm baaaaack. :P

Anyway, I must ask, how can you possibly say that MJ was a worse minimate than Mariko?

Now that that's out of the way, What do you say is the greatest non-marvel minimate ever made?

the worst?

Thanks as usual guys.

Live long and Prosper

Trekker

Hi Chuck,

1) Have you ever seriously considered making the other figure packed with Marvel mini's an army builder?

For example you'd have Electra packed with a Hand ninja, then the variant as Skrull Electra packed with the same Hand ninja. I know you've done this with BSG/Cylons, was it successful enough to consider for the Marvel line?

1A) Single packed, Hand Ninja's, AIM guys, Shield Agents, Skrulls or generally any of the Marvel army builder type characters would make an awesome comic store 'by the register' impulse buy line for minimates... What are the chances of this happening? or does the marvel license exclude single packed minimates?

2) If you could ret-con reality/minimate history to change one thing, what would you change? (other than this question)

3) How do you feel about the ever more complex sculpting on minimates, are you a pure 'naked block figure' guy or someone who likes the extra sculpting as long as there is a base minimate under there somewhere?

(BTW I'm a purist and loved the simplicity of Spidey, Havok, MS Marvel & Ultron from the latest Marvel lines.)

4) What is the wildest license you guys have seriously considered for minimates? (Desperately seeking Susan excluded)

5) If you could dress Matt up in fancy dress and make him walk around town for one day without any employee/employer legal implications what would you dress him as?

As Always thanks for playing along!

T.

My question got skipped last time.

1) Can you give us the low down on EUtS Lorraine's low down cleavage? What happened to her ampleness? I was so excited. Now I'm left with this empty feeling when I look at her.

2) Personally I'm not for re-releasing characters just because they need an update, but have yall thought about redoing some of the more popular characters? Like we haven't seen Elektra since wave 1. What about a new white costumed version? I know we've gotten updates of Ironman, Cap and Hulk, and, of course, Spidey and Wolvy. Maybe some of the older ones? (Though those are some of my all time favorites)

3) On that same note, what are the odds on a new Black Cat? Just for me, hummm? XD I know she's got plenty of costume variations to run with.

4) What's the skinny on Ult Marvel mates? Will we ever see them again? Cause I'd kill for and Ult Spidey wave. Really. Just say who you want dead. ;)

5) Failing that, have yall ever thought about a Manga Marvel box set? You could have Logan with his laser claws, Black Widow, Cap-killer Black Cat, and kid Spidey Or you could just use them as fillers in waves. Ever thought of this and would it be a license that's open to yall?

6) This may have been asked before, and I apologize if it was. I know the SFII line failed. Unfortunetly. Has that scared yall off fighting games entirely, or might yall look at another license like (my all time favorite) Dead or Alive Ultimate?

7) Love the stuff from NYCC. Will yall be doing similar things like at the WW tour? Like Dallas? Why does it seem impossible to get a Hulk with a powerhouse chest? That's one of my favorite pieces.

8) (last question, I swear. One of these days I'll make it under the limit! :( ) DDP loses the license to GI Joe comics at the end of this year. There's been talk about Marvel picking it up. If they do, you that aspect of the Marvel license be open to yall or is that a 'wait and see' situation?

Danka, and thank you ever so much.

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

Hey again. I would like to start by saying thank you for confirming there will be a wave five for BSG through a previous answer.

1, Is there any chance you can tell us the breakdown for the BSG Razor cases?

2, With the joint effort by DST and Gentle Giant on the recent Cylon Bust, and how DST has no current plans to release any BSG busts in the near future, has Gentle Giant expressed any interest in picking up the line and making the busts independent from DST?

3, Will we ever see Planet Hulk / World War Hulk mates? I am more wondering if there has ben any interest from DST in making a Silver Savage? It would be nice to see some Silver Surfer Variations.

4, Are there any BSG Exclusive sets coming up in the near future? I am surprised that all we have is the FYE 5-pack and the single Previews 2-pack.

5, I think the Mouse Guard statue turned out great and I am so glad I got it. Has the Mouse Guard merchandise garnered enough sales to continue the line or is what we have all we are going to get?

6, One last very quick question. Will you have any Blue Dress Six Busts at SDCC?

As always, thanks for your time and the awesome BSG merchandise :)

Edited by pickle

OK, First thing is first. THANK YOU for Angel. That has been the Minimate I've wanted since Wave 1, my favorite X-Man of all time and now my favorite MM. Thanks!!

1. I personally love Boxed sets. I was wondering if we will continue to see themed boxed sets (possible, Young Avengers, Secret Invasion, Messiah Complex, etc) and if we do is it required now that they are 4 characters only or could we possibly see more figures per set?

2. Different Question from Timbos (:P): Skrulls!?!? What are the chances that we get some Skrull/Hero figures for the new Invasion series. Maybe like an Electra body with green skin and a Skrull head and maybe even packaged with a full Skrull solider that took her place? Do you guys have any plans to include more Skrulls in the future with Secret Invasion being has Huge as it is?

3. I will not stop asking until I get more Ultimate Figures. I love the Ultimate U and I will not rest until we get an Ultimate Iron Man and Ultimate Thor. Seriously, those are two of the sweetest looking versions of those two characters.....can you throw a guy a bone!?!?!

4. Let me start by saying I know you guys weren't responsible for the Speed Racer Minimates (I think), but I loved them. I was wondering if, with the movie coming out, you guys have any interest in picking up that line and making more minis and even better, more racers?

5. Finally, are you guys actively seeking new Movie/TV lisences? I personally LOVE the BSG, 24, and Back to the Future minis. I would love to see more, maybe Heroes or Lost or Robocop or Amry of Darkness. Are you guys still seeking new stuff or are you just trying to maintain right now? And, personally, would you be interested in Heroes or Lost minis?

Thanks again for everything, look forward to hearing back from ya! neo

Edited by neolego

2. What is the possibility of more Zombies? We have, I think 8 now, but I LOVE them and you guys do so great, can we expect to see some more?

3. Skrulls!?!? What are the chances that we get some Skrull/Hero figures for the new Invasion series. Maybe like an Electra body with green skin and a Skrull head and maybe even packaged with a full Skrull solider that took her place? Do you guys have any plans to include more Skrulls in the future with Secret Invasion being has Huge as it is?

2. In Previous Q&A's Chuck has said that there wont be any more marvel zombies as the window for that license has expired.

3.Spookily close to my question above ;)

T.

Is the 24 line of minimates dead or was it just the season 3 sets that got canned?

With the recent releases of Thor, Hawkeye, and Angel, has the hate mail around the office lessened or has it just been replaced by the letters from the Gambit and Deadpool fans?

What determines whether a particular license or character is more suited for a box set or a standard release? We've seen television shows and movies featured in both formats, as well as numerous characters from the Marvel line. Is it retailer interest, licensing restrictions, or some other factor?

As always, thanks for taking the time to talk with us idiots.

2. In Previous Q&A's Chuck has said that there wont be any more marvel zombies as the window for that license has expired.

3.Spookily close to my question above ;)

T.

Zombie's have been Fixed...........and not in the good way ;) .

As for the Skrulls, I think we both asked much different questions. You are asking for Army Builder sets. While I, on the other hand, what Skrull Agents in Disguise. We don't know who all the Skrulls are yet, but I'd like to get a Wave of all Skrull Heroes/Villians. For instant, if we find out Cap and Hawkeye and Beast are Skrulls, I'd like to have an Electra, Cap, Hawkeye, and Beast with green skin and a Skrull head. I think it would be cool, but that's just me :). Now, back to the questions. neo

Edited by neolego

Hi Chuck, has any consideration been made regarding "build-a-figures?" For instance, you buy all 3 2 packs for a given Marvel wave, and each pack includes 1/3 of the pieces for a larger, 5 inch Minimate--so, say you do Giant Man, and get legs and arms with one pack, a head, hands, and feet with another, and the torso and crotch with the third pack?

It seems like this has been a pretty effective marketing gimmick for Marvel Legends, and it could draw some interest from those who hadn't previously cared much about Minimates (maybe you could justify the costs by cutting back on accessories. . .). Might this somehow violate the restrictions on that particular line that don't allow you to do the 2.5 inch figures that you did with DCD?

Edited by karamazov80

Hi Chuck, has any consideration been made regarding "build-a-figures?" For instance, you buy all 3 2 packs for a given Marvel wave, and each pack includes 1/3 of the pieces for a larger, 5 inch Minimate--so, say you do Giant Man, and get legs and arms with one pack, a head, hands, and feet with another, and the torso and crotch with the third pack?

It seems like this has been a pretty effective marketing gimmick for Marvel Legends, and it could draw some interest from those who hadn't previously cared much about Minimates (maybe you could justify the costs by cutting back on accessories. . .). Might this somehow violate the restrictions on that particular line that don't allow you to do the 2.5 inch figures that you did with DCD?

Already been asked. The answer is definitely no.

3. Different Question from Timbos (:P): Skrulls!?!? What are the chances that we get some Skrull/Hero figures for the new Invasion series. Maybe like an Electra body with green skin and a Skrull head and maybe even packaged with a full Skrull solider that took her place? Do you guys have any plans to include more Skrulls in the future with Secret Invasion being has Huge as it is?

Ooh! Skrulls of all the Marvel-verse! Dip 'em in cold water and the Skrull will be revealed! Do you have access to that (paint?) technology Chuck?

Are all the Marvel mates we've gotten to date, really Skrulls? If not, which ones are? How does one identify a Skrull agent minimate vs the real thing?

Is Spidey a Skrull? Is that why we've gotten so many of him?

Thanks Chuck.

Dip 'em in cold water and the Skrull will be revealed! Do you have access to that (paint?) technology Chuck?

Dude, that would be awesome.

Or glow in the dark ones where you can only see the Skrull under a black light!

yea cause it is 1971 and everyone has a black light! :rolleyes::no:

I know the skrulls are big now in the MU but I would rather have other new characters like gambit, deadpool, red skull, and the list can go on. I think one skrull soldier is perfectly fine. No blackbolt sckrull until we get a reg. black bolt sort of like the zombie ant man and black panther mins.

1- Would you be willing/able to obtain the Blade Runner licence? I'd love to see 6/7 inch Figures and Minimates made

2- As above for the Alien/Aliens/Predator licence/s

3- Or the Terminator Franchise licence

4- How far along the production process did the 24 series 3 minimates get, before they were cancelled? and will we be seeing any of the parts elsewhere?

And thanks again for answering all our questions

Edited by TITAN

I know the skrulls are big now in the MU but I would rather have other new characters like gambit, deadpool, red skull, and the list can go on. I think one skrull soldier is perfectly fine. No blackbolt sckrull until we get a reg. black bolt sort of like the zombie ant man and black panther mins.

I'm sorry, I'll need that in the form of a question.

<_<

I'm sorry, I'll need that in the form of a question.

<_<

I'm sorry

What is ..............................? :blush:

my questions are...

1. while there have been a few 4 packs are there any plans for another six pack like the giant-sized x-men boxset, cause i see this as the only way of me getting the whole Inhuman royal family of Black Bolt, Medusa, Karnak, Triton, Gorgon, and Crystal ala Kirby

2. Do you ever look at the customs on these boards to see of ways in the cutting of costs in the making of newer minimates or maybe as a way to do different figures

3. with your recent aquiring of Heroes how are these going to be distributed in 2 packs or 4 or a mixture

1. We heard you guys have pursued getting the Halo license. When Medicom's license expires, do you think it'll be something you actively pursue?

2. What prompted the idea of Desperately Seeking Susan minimates?

3. Which Spider-Man mate is your favorite of all the ones out there?

(1)If you're trying to aim at a younger market, why then do you pick up Licenses of Series like: Back to the Future ,Rocky, Desperately Seeking Susan, For A Few Dollars More, and a few others, when they weren't even born yet?

(2)Have you guy ever considered acquiring FullMetal Alchemist License or any other Anime Licenses like Naruto,Dragon Ball Z,etc.?

(3)Can you guys use parts from Star Trek,Back to the Future,Rocky,For A Few Dollars More,BattleStar Galactica, etc. in the Marvel Line?

(4)Do you think you guys might make minimates based on the upcoming GI-JOE Movie?

(5)Any plans on an updated Elektra anytime soon?

Edited by A.J.V.

I really love what you guys are doing with the Star Trek minimates, however, I'm concerned that we may not be able to finish our crews for a long time yet. Do you have any plans to complete the crews faster? (ie. boxsets, release 2 waves at a time, etc) Or do we just have to practice a lot of patience? :) Also, I know you're not allowed to talk about your license, but do you have it for a long enough time that you would be able to complete the crews, at least the main ones?