UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Battle Beasts Minimates

Nice overkill on the BB collection Kyle!

And watch out, Ninja Mate -- now they know you have extras!

Thanks ! I don't think you can ever have enough of these guys. They are seriously badass. I wanted to get 2 of each. 1 to open and one to keep MIB. They are my favorite mates I have. Among the three to Four hundred in my collection. :). Minimates. Gotta get'tem all!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly don't know what many of the LRG community have against Minimates --

Flawed perception of a 'Minimate' seems to be the main problem & a deep-rooted brand affiliation to the name 'Battle Beast'.

An Analogy : post-638-0-45308700-1335084085_thumb.jpg

The car on the right is a classic Mk.2 Mini Cooper S (circa 1968) ...I have owned, driven & competed in several. In the day I loved these cars...loved them. As the years have passed my love for driving these cars passed but the memories never will.

The last classic Mini was built in 2000 ,the company making them broken up with the rights to the Mini name being retained by BMW. BMW subsequently launched a completely different nouveau version in 2001 which is evidently a great car ,loved by their owners,very reliable, very capable with a depreciation index that is so low you could at one time get more for a year-old model than a new one :ohmy: The new Minis are undoubtedly quicker, quieter ,more comfortable & generally light years ahead of the classic Mini which if I'm honest were... in practicality terms.... rusting moneypits.

The trouble is that however good the new Mini is ....I wouldn't drive one if I were given one.That comment is not logical or even intelligent .......just the way it is.

I sympathise with some of the comments being made on the LRG forum but if the mind-set is there then there is nothing that can be done to change it .

Coming back to 'flawed perception' .......I'm pretty sure that the final production critters will win over the fence-sitters.

Here's a question Zach. You mentioned Humans. Are we going to see people wearing the Battle Beasts armor at any time? Like Machiko from the Predator comics? Hawt chick armor? Something like this.

4_avp_she_predator_machiko.jpg

In fact, I could see that in the next Femme Fatales box set.

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

Here's a question Zach. You mentioned Humans. Are we going to see people wearing the Battle Beasts armor at any time? Like Machiko from the Predator comics? Hawt chick armor? Something like this.

4_avp_she_predator_machiko.jpg

In fact, I could see that in the next Femme Fatales box set.

The main human character of the comic is a woman, but I don't know that she'll wear armor, and I don't know that she'll ever make it into Femme Fatales. But once we see her, feel free to Ask DST.

And I do get it. I'm sure if someone launched a line called C.O.P.S, I would be pretty irrational about it, especially if it didn't include the classic characters. But if they were still cops, and still in the future, and the toys were as cool as the old ones, I would reserve judgment. I certainly wouldn't swear off the line because it lacked cap-firing action.

It wouldn't be so funny...... & maybe you won't agree that it is....if it weren't true.... what I did yesterday whilst traversing around the internet. My regime until lately involved logging on to 3 sites every morning ....here,ebay & the BBC.

Just lately it has changed to here,ebay,the BBC & littlerubberguys.....specifically... littlerubberguys battlebeasts forum .

Not so difficult is it ? Unfortunately & inexplicably I tapped in 'littlerubberbeasts' .....at least that what I thought my brain must have conveyed to my two fingers (I type with just 2 of the 10 digits on my hands).....what feasted my eyes was all manner of sites inviting me to sample their latest attire :unsure: Then it dawned upon me that that naughty little subconscious of mine had decided to tap in....... littlerubberbreasts. :rolleyes:

Anyway,if you haven't seen the littlerubberguys Battle-Beasts forum ....drop in it is extremely entertaining .

Took a look at the site - very interesting stuff. Lots of passion over there - some of it misplaced on missing an idealized past that never was. But some positive people as well, who seem interested in the new Battle Beasts.

I honestly don't know what many of the LRG community have against Minimates -- some are offended by Vorin's square thighs -- but I think the figures will speak for themselves. I think our designs are superior to the other figures out there, the comic characters will be compelling, and the interchangability will win over any doubters.

As far as the storyline goes, the planet they're on in the beginning is not their home planet. I bellieve it is just a random planet. My understanding of the Beasts is that they're nomads, and their people actually left Earth a long time ago, and they lost the way back. You'll see clothing that references human clothing because they have the same origins. The call they hear is their first clue to the location.of their long-lost home, as well as a powerful artifact. Everyone calls them more fantasy-based than science-based, but their ships and weapons are certainly not primitive. And while watching two animal factions battle is pretty awesome, I think humans will emphasize the foreign nature of Beast culture, as well as make the storyline more accessible to casual fans.

Hope to see some Minimates customs in the future, Delta. Nice to meet you at C2E2, even if I didn't know who I was meeting. Did I shoot your Build-A-Mate?

Yeah, you shot my build-a-minimate. He was the one with the green body, green skrull head, gold armor and green cape. I had issues getting him together because I as a bit greedy and wanted him to have both chest armor and a cape. Sorry about that. :confused: I did try to get through as quick as possible, since there were two kids behind me, and I wanted to make sure they got as much time as they could building their mates. But I did trim up all the pieces a little bit when I got back home, and got the chest armor, cape and helmet to all work together fit very nicely. Now he looks really nice, and is acting as a villain to my animal thor minimates. Once you know me, it's pretty hard to not spot me, with my wild, long hair, beard and flannels. My wife, Jenny, was also with me.

Again, glad to meet you, even if it was incredibly brief. I'm just too shy at times. We even brought cookies, but I felt too shy to give them to you guys since you didn't know who I was. So Jenny ate them on the car ride home from the con. I have been fairly active on LRG for about 8 years now. Now that I have introduced myself on this board, I'll be sure to actually stop by and talk for a bit next year at C2E2 2013. And I'll have cookies that I'll actually give you guys. Jenny makes some pretty delicious italian cookies that were her grandmother's recipe.

Anyways, back to Battle Beasts. I am very excited about these. I have grown to love minimates over the past 2 years. And just the fact that my absolute favorite toy from my childhood is coming back makes me happy. Especially since there will be a comic book to accompany it. Now, I just want to see more. I am really crossing my fingers for a chameleon down the line..... You guys have to do one.

I can see why some people may not like the line. They are similar enough that most of us are going to love the line, but they are different from the original battle beasts, which it seems like something you guys intend to do. These differences may mean that some BB collector's don't like the line. Pretty much all battle beasts, at 112 different figures, utilized the same core design of a squat body, shoulder articulation only and a rub sticker or orb. These new battle beasts are different from that. They are very poseable. They are bit more human proportioned. Even though you are using the minimate body underneath, from the looks of the panel, each beast seems to be very different than the other. And they don't have the fire/wood/water rubsigns. But for me, the things that were important to me about battle beasts were; they were anthromorphic animal warriors in battle armor, were small in size (about 2") so that I could easily fit them in my pocket or have an army of them fighting, and that there was enough "character" in the sculpt to keep my imagination going and inspire me to create stories and characters for each one. For me, this new line has all the things I am looking for. But everyone has a different reasons and qualities in BBs that makes them love the original line. You've got me as an excited customer, waiting anxiously to get my hands on more. But please, do a Chameleon!

Those pics, buttheadsmate, are great. I like the look of those custom animal minimates. That's one of the things I have been doing with regular mates while I wait anxiously for the battle beasts line. I'll definitely be doing many customs with this new line. Once fall comes around, I'll have some to show you guys and see what you think.

Oh, and Zach, my wife told me that I have to ask. You guys were wearing Battle Beasts shirts on saturday. Do you have any plans to make more of those shirts?

Oh, and I have a question for all of you minimate collectors here. How hard is it to get SDCC minimate exclusives. I really want to be able to get one or two packs of the SDCC Battle Beast 2 pack, but I can't make it to the convention. Is there anyway I can get it online or other wise? I certainly wouldn't want to miss out on getting these. Thanks guys!

Edited by delta chameleon

Yeah, you shot my build-a-minimate. He was the one with the green body, green skrull head, gold armor and green cape. I had issues getting him together because I as a bit greedy and wanted him to have both chest armor and a cape. Sorry about that. :confused: I did try to get through as quick as possible, since there were two kids behind me, and I wanted to make sure they got as much time as they could building their mates. But I did trim up all the pieces a little bit when I got back home, and got the chest armor, cape and helmet to all work together fit very nicely. Now he looks really nice, and is acting as a villain to my animal thor minimates. Once you know me, it's pretty hard to not spot me, with my wild, long hair, beard and flannels. My wife, Jenny, was also with me.

I remember you!

403449_376876195689977_170392609671671_1128321_1000630708_n.jpg

Oh, and I have a question for all of you minimate collectors here. How hard is it to get SDCC minimate exclusives. I really want to be able to get one or two packs of the SDCC Battle Beast 2 pack, but I can't make it to the convention. Is there anyway I can get it online or other wise? I certainly wouldn't want to miss out on getting these. Thanks guys!

95% of the time we are able to get them for our store. If not, people here are amazingly good at helping each other out.

Ok, don't make me out to be some kind of freak.

No wait. That's about right. Nevermind.

Also, I've decided I'm buying at least two of every set of this series. My nephew isn't old enough yet, but when he is, I'll share these with him and I know he'll want his own of everything so we can have fights.

Edited by The Geohound