UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Gotham Minimates- it's Official!

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do see a ton of civilian mates in this line (I think Selena and maybe one or two of the "villians" have the closest thing to "costumes" in the show) I think I want a Gordon, Bullock and Penguin. I'm also looking forward to the custom potential

I've enjoyed the show, and I'm looking forward to seeing how DST translates these into minimatees. Penguin, Fish Mooney, and Selina seem like they have the most striking visual appeal. I think Gordon, Bullock, and Zsasz would be pretty cool as well. And, of course, the chance of minimate Alfred is pretty nifty.

Edited by Turtle

So I haven't watched the show and don't really know much about it. By way of what everyone is saying, is there not really a batman suit within the show?

Bruce is a kid. It's Fox though so I'm sure they'll put him in some kind of suit anyway as a kid so they can get ratings.

Also I'm gonna probably be the only person to stick to my guns and say Gotham sucks and this news is very disappointing. Imagine the strength of a new line when it's basically good for making customs. DST could have gone after much better properties that could translate into Minimates.

Well, the Red Hood Gang will appear in the final episodes of the first season, so if they're anything like the ones in Zero Year I'll be all over them. As it stands, they're just people in black suits, nothing more. They could have at least given them more striking clothes, such as blue suits for the crime bosses, a trenchcoat for Bullock, etc... I'm not excited at all, but I as I said, I kinda like the show and I want more DC minimates, so if this is our only chance to get them, I'm sure as hell not going to let it go to waste. So get to buying fellow crusaders, the journey will be long and hard (obligatory, "that's what she said") but the prize will be sweet.

I want more DC minimates, so if this is our only chance to get them, I'm sure as hell not going to let it go to waste. So get to buying fellow crusaders, the journey will be long and hard (obligatory, "that's what she said") but the prize will be sweet.

I love you're already up to bargaining... You're just blowing through the grieving steps today aren't you?

Also, I think DST knows there's demand for DC minimates they just can't get a license for them. Spending all your money on Gotham mates won't get you Nu52 or whatever not Batman 66 or SA or what not any more then buying ALL the Peter Pan minimates would have gotten Star Wars (same company right?)

But on topic, I looked up what the cast looks like... If these aren't cheaply done and have unique pieces made, Mooney and Cobblepot could be pretty cool looking but if these are "well what's the closest thing we got..." like some lines It's an easy pass

I want more DC minimates, so if this is our only chance to get them, I'm sure as hell not going to let it go to waste. So get to buying fellow crusaders, the journey will be long and hard (obligatory, "that's what she said") but the prize will be sweet.

I love you're already up to bargaining... You're just blowing through the grieving steps today aren't you?

Also, I think DST knows there's demand for DC minimates they just can't get a license for them. Spending all your money on Gotham mates won't get you Nu52 or whatever not Batman 66 or SA or what not any more then buying ALL the Peter Pan minimates would have gotten Star Wars (same company right?)

But on topic, I looked up what the cast looks like... If these aren't cheaply done and have unique pieces made, Mooney and Cobblepot could be pretty cool looking but if these are "well what's the closest thing we got..." like some lines It's an easy pass

What can I say, when it comes to such matters I don't have much resistance. I think the problem is that DC doesn't think that minimates can sell, based on their last foray. So imo, by buying Gotham mates we'll be showing them that there's a market out there, thus, they might rethink it and give in. Maybe? Please....

On paper it's a great idea. Popular source material with new twists. Netflix paying $1.75 million per episode to stream. Second season.

It's just that... of all the fans of the show that I know, none of them are collectibles buyers. Minimates are safe because parts are parts. It's the $20-25 action figures I don't see connecting with the core audience.

Gotham is a Fox production. So just like the movies I would wager the merchandise rights are owned by Fox and not DC. So this deal was probably made same as the other DST Fox licenses (Alien, Predator, etc) and DC never entered the conversation.

Honestly I'm in for these. I like the show (its getting better in this second half of season 1) and it might be a long shot but it could get me a Morena Baccarin Minimate. Plus a Bullock 'mate means we're halfway to a "Terriers" 2-pack.

So let's see. We'll probably get a Gordon/Bullock 2-pack. Then Fish, Penguin, Nygma, Bruce, Alfred, Falcone etc in box sets.

Edited by Mysterious Stranger

when the reason people are getting most excited is the chance for customs kinda tells you just how much this line is gonna do.

its a line of civilians that wear suits, at least View askew and TBBT the characters all have more diverse and unique appearances. calling it now and say it's gonna be the most visually unappealing line since the cancelled Godfather Boxset

So I haven't watched the show and don't really know much about it. By way of what everyone is saying, is there not really a batman suit within the show?

Bruce is a kid. It's Fox though so I'm sure they'll put him in some kind of suit anyway as a kid so they can get ratings.

Highly unlikely. The last time a company wanted a teenage Batman to help promote the franchise we got Batman Beyond.

Besides, the showrunners have already stated that the premise of the show is about Gotham City before Bruce becomes Batman. That's probably the only reason Fox could do such a show; so that it wouldn't interfere with the feature films or whatever plans DCE might have for a live-action Batman show that can cross over with other series like Arrow and Flash.

Yet the Flash show will apparently be totally separate from the Flash movie. I'm not sure that DC has a real strategy with these things. I'm not interested in these Minimates, but if it does somehow mean that DC will start taking another look at Minimates, then I'm happy about it.

We're pretty confident in the line, based on the positive reaction so far. And the show's massive viewership. And the lack of any other collectibles for it. I don't think we would have gone after the license if we thought it would only sell to Minimates collectors for parts. Especially since that doesn't even make sense. Do people need suit parts?

I do not think that this will in any way affect DC Collectibles' desire to license Minimates. But this is our first MInimates license directly with Warner Bros. So it's certainly a big leap for MInimates, which can only lead to good things.

Quote from Zach: "First set has two suits in it, one lab coat and a skirt"

So Gordon, Bullock, Fish, and Nigma for the first set?

Gordon, Essen, Nygma and Black Mask.