UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Necessary Redos / Popular Redos

Valo487

I'm almost certain before I even post this I will regret it for giving DST ideas, but after some of the reveals we saw at Toyfair I started thinking about redos. Much like death and taxes, redos are a fact of life. What characters do you guys think NEED redos, and what characters would you like to see redone that don't necessarily demand it, and why? To clarify, a character does not need a redo just because you don't have one or don't feel like paying more than retail for it, but if the first attempt at a character doesn't hold up now compared to current 'mates, like Kingpin. Please refrain from putting characters on the list who you just haven't bought yet, this isn't about what's convenient for you, but about which characters could stand a second look. Off the top of my head...

NEED:

Abomination

Blob (if you even want to count the movie Blob)

WANT:

Commander Steve Rogers

Iron Man 2020

The Leader (Brainy look)

I'll definitely add more as I think of them.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Need:

Nick Fury (We have more SMJ versions than the regular 616 version?)

Abomination

Blob

Winter Soldier

Luke Cage

Hawkeye

Vision

Want:

Havok, Wolfsbane, Polaris, Madrox, Quicksilver- X-Factor!

Classic Cyclops- It's been seven years since we got the Classic version? He could be modernized. Wouldn't mind a more modern Modern Cyclops either

Commander Rogers

Red Skull

Comic Iron Monger

Agreed on all fronts. I'd add-

Need:

Ghost Rider (Blaze, the blue flamed Ketch, and even the new girl)

Mystique

Polaris

Want:

Quicksilver (green costume)

Space Armor Iron Man

Deep Sea Iron Man

Classic Stealth Iron Man

Hydro Man (if TM2 can begrudge a new Havok cause he can still readily find the last one, I can want a redo of this guy for the opposite reason)

:eyerolls at pointless post: Anyway...

I'd argue that Winter Soldier is almost a seperate character Turtle, I think you could argue he's in the same vein as Bruce Banner and the Hulk, Bucky's 'mate doesn't replace Winter Soldier in my mind.

Personally I wouldn't want to see Hydro Man again in the same look, but if they released him in his costumed look, like he wore in the Frightful Four I'd be cool with it.

Comic Iron Monger could be cool, and I completely forgot Luke Cage, he definitely needs an update for his current look.

Power Man is at the top of my list. I'd also throw classic Iron Fist on there, though I can certainly live with the modern Iron Fist. I'd also submit Cyclops in his classic blue and yellow costume, which DST hasn't quite gotten right. Scrolling through the Database, those are the only ones that really strike me as "needing to be redone because the original is hopelessly outdated".

Abomination and Blob are musts, certainly.

I'm definitely up for new versions of Nick Fury and Luke Cage... and Hawkeye, but Zach has all but confirmed him already.

think that is it for me, sure there are alternate looks, costume variations or other identities, but in terms of straight remakes, that'll do.

Valo, Winter Soldier counts as a separate character, but you listed Commander Rogers?

Fair point, I meant more in the sense that Bucky is so different from Winter Soldier that if one gets made the other is still completely valid, I don't feel like Commander Steve Rogers NEEDS to be made, but I wouldn't mind seeing him. I guess my point is I feel like Winter Soldier needs to be made, but Commander Rogers is just a version of Cap I'd like to see if they're going to make another one.

N/A

Someday I want to see a study on the life cycle of these threads. They seem to crop up about every 6-9 months.

Because Minimates have changed and the simple looks tend to look really bad next to modern versions?? Why do you always need to remind us you hate redoes? Hell, i like Wave 43 Spidey a hundred times more than the Wave 2 version (GASP!!). They're happening and they're usually always better.

Anyway,

Glaring omissions:

WHITE QUEEN

Nick Fury (Much easier now)

Yellow Daredevil

Power Man

Ketch Ghost Rider (i consider the Target GR to be an attempt)

Sebastian Shaw

Wants:

Dark X-men Emma

Dark X-men Daken

COMMANDER ROGERS (like....seriously. I own the Legend, the Universe, and i will jump for a minimate)

Age of Apocalypse Phoenix (this counts, right?? :wub: )

.....Winter Soldier :thumbsup:

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

If we get a Yellow Daredevil, I hope we get a new Daredevil villain out of it.

To those unhappy with Nick Fury, I took the Patch Wolverine and slapped a Mr. Fantastic hairpiece on it, and I think it makes an awesome Nick Fury, in case you guys want an easy custom.

I was wondering Two-Face, we've had three different versions of the White Queen, what would you want them to do differently they haven't already done? I agree none seem "right" but I'm not sure what to change.

I think masked Dr. Strange with a hairpiece to give the option for either look would be good with Nightmare as a two-pack.

I'm all for re-dos as long as

1. They don't obnoxiously outweigh new characters (which wave 44 kinda did)

2. They are better than the previous (most are, but X-Force Wolverine and boxed set Sandman and Venom come to mind)

But keep the good re-dos coming DST! I think we NEED:

Black Cat

Chameleon

Absorbing Man

Scarlet Witch

+ all the others listed above.

And some that come to mind as WANT would be the new Defenders costumes Strange, Iron Fist, and Namor have (Red She-Hulk can go to hell for all I care)

Edited by Punisher

I was wondering Two-Face, we've had three different versions of the White Queen, what would you want them to do differently they haven't already done? I agree none seem "right" but I'm not sure what to change.

I do like the original Emma, she's just dated. If they updated her to be less blocky in the details area, give her a newer cape, and Ultimate Thor's hair, i'd say we have the perfect Emma. Next to Selene and Black Queen Jean she looks odd, the X-men isn't "White Queen," and the movie isn't even cannon (not that i don't like it, it's just too Sharon Carter)

I second the Absorbing Man. I'd like him in his proper light lavender pants with the black horizental pinstripes. And totally human. Maybe add so over sized slip on thing parts to make a stone arm. That too specific?

As to the Ketch GR, the first one got the costume right, but the head was lacking. The Target one had a much better skull tampo, but an all black suit that matched Blaze's new colors, but not quiet the style. So IMO they've come close twice, but missed both tries. And yeah I realize what a QC it would be to do, but I do not own the original GR mate with with to do it. But since the looks of Blaze and Ketch have diverged so starkly, I think both need another turn. To DST's credit, they totally nailed the classic Blaze Ghost Rider in the Champions set.

And agreed about the White Queen.

I'd add the Jessica Drew Spider Woman as well. Yes I know there are already two of her, but there are already two Punishers too, three if you count the movie version. I'm just sayin', better hair, some glider wings, a venom blast accessory or a flight stand; not as crazy as it sounds.

(pretty much, if they were in the "New Avengers" or AXM waves and haven't already been updated already, then they should be)

(pretty much, if they were in the "New Avengers" or AXM waves and haven't already been updated already, then they should be)

That is a great way to put it. You know, a really cool Echo 'mate could come with a Ronin mask, chest cover, boot pieces, and extra arms. And, yeah, Jessica Drew needs to be redone.

1 with a bullet: Brown Wolverine (though I'm crossing fingers that the "Outback" version will satiate my hunger)

2 with an, uh, arrow: Hawkeye: I've got a Frankenstein using parts from the original and the Dark Avengers version, but still. . .we need an official release of the 616 heroic Hawkeye that does him justice on the order of what we've seen recently for Cap, Thor, and Iron Man. Hopefully with the release of the Avengers movie?

Others:

Green Quicksilver

Scarlet Witch (first one is just kind of basic and ugly)

Nick Fury

classic pirate boot Cyclops

GS X-Men Storm (I actually love this figure, but would like to see what DST could do with her today, to match up with newer versions of the other X-Men)

Thing (still haven't done him to my satisfaction)

Riot Spidey. . .just looking for a re-release more than anything else. Yes, I put this on my list because I don't have him and can't afford him. Who are you to tell me what I can and can't do? :verymad:

Lesser interest, but could use updates:

Mystique

Absorbing Man

Ultron (less gimmicky head)

I'm kind of partial to my simplistic, cutesy Power Man and Iron Fist. But I can see where the rest of you are coming from. Maybe a hair piece that stays on Power Man this time?

Edited by karamazov80

1 with a bullet: Brown Wolverine (though I'm crossing fingers that the "Outback" version will satiate my hunger)

2 with an, uh, arrow: Hawkeye: I've got a Frankenstein using parts from the original and the Dark Avengers version, but still. . .we need an official release of the 616 heroic Hawkeye that does him justice on the order of what we've seen recently for Cap, Thor, and Iron Man. Hopefully with the release of the Avengers movie?

Others:

Green Quicksilver

Scarlet Witch (first one is just kind of basic and ugly)

Nick Fury

classic pirate boot Cyclops

GS X-Men Storm (I actually love this figure, but would like to see what DST could do with her today, to match up with newer versions of the other X-Men)

Thing (still haven't done him to my satisfaction)

Riot Spidey. . .just looking for a re-release more than anything else. Yes, I put this on my list because I don't have him and can't afford him. Who are you to tell me what I can and can't do? :verymad:

Lesser interest, but could use updates:

Mystique

Absorbing Man

Ultron (less gimmicky head)

I'm kind of partial to my simplistic, cutesy Power Man and Iron Fist. But I can see where the rest of you are coming from. Maybe a hair piece that stays on Power Man this time?

-My problem with Power Man and Iron Fist:

Fist's torso is way too big with that kimono piece. If they'd have the big collar (like Deadman, Star Sapphire) but the rest a regular chest piece it'd look much slicker.

Cage's problem is his face. His mouth is rather nebulous. Where's it begin and end? It's like one lip is one color than the other.

-The Thing. He's in my top 5 favorite Marvel characters and I've always been bummed with the lack-of awesome he's had lately. I'm hoping that the "Best of Marvel" Thing will FINALLY get him right. The series 5 one (and Clobberin' Time) were both great for non-bulky, but once they've started upping the sculpted pieces they get either the face wrong (too many teeth) or the hairpiece color/face color don't match.

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing a green/yellow solid Vision. They could re-release the old one in another Best of Marvel line, but without phasing arms and legs and it'd be damn perfect.

Lastly, if you need a Riot Spidey I'm sure I've got an extra.

Edited by Mystery Man

- Abomination (Ignoring the size issue, the original mate wasn't all that great.)

- Vision (Non-phasing/translucent would be great.)

- Hawkeye (The old one looks weird with his mask and bulky chest piece and skirt.)

- Iron Monger & Blob (Classic comic versions, please!)

- Wasp (I would love her yellow and black costume plus they could do a mini-Wasp piece ala Galactus... that and the wings on my Kirby Wasp broke. :lol: )

- Nick Fury (Especially after seeing the army builder coming out.)

- Absorbing Man (With powerhouse chest and interchangeable pieces like TRU Sue.)

- Black Cat (The last version is... eww.)

- Chameleon (Just for the disguise/weapon pieces alone, it'd would be worth it.)