UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Worthy and the Mighty

gambitron

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean "glad I hadn't started working on a modern costume Odin, but decided to do a Classic Kirby Odin instead," right? :thumbsup:

Well, I do have a bunch of parts and no good place to use them now. Anybody got good reference for a classic Kirby Thor?

You mean "glad I hadn't started working on a modern costume Odin, but decided to do a Classic Kirby Odin instead," right? :thumbsup:

Well, I do have a bunch of parts and no good place to use them now. Anybody got good reference for a classic Kirby Thor?

Ahh.. dang... reference for a classic Marvel character from the 70s... nope, can't think of anyone who would have that. :whistling:

called it....*has a seizure from the epicness*

you were all there, im pretty sure i called this one ;)

Well, now I know Undeadpool's real name...

I never read Fear Itself so I don't know what the story is...but I don't really care for any of these new Mates. Both sets are a pass for me.

Not even Odin? I thought Odin came out pretty great.

I'm not sure that even Mirymate could give us a precis.

Challenge Accep... oh who am I kidding, it was 100 freakin' books.

I can give you the extreme Miry notes version-

Cul was Odin's brother and at some point in pre history Odin imprisons the Fear God in the deepest watery hole on Midgard. Cul's generals were also banished somewhere, but each wielded a huge uru hammer. In the 1940's the Red Skull and the Vril Society discover one of those hammers cannot lift it. Years later, his daughter Sin can, she's tranformed by the hammer into goddess and frees Cul, known as the Serpent. The Serpent then summons 7 more hammers and each claims a host and transforms them into one of Cul's warriors- Kuurth: Breaker of Stone (Juggernaut), Nul: Breaker of Worlds (Hulk), Skirn: Breaker of Men (Titania), Nerkkod: Breaker of Oceans (Attuma), Greithoth: Breaker of Wills (Absorbing Man), Mokk: Breaker of Faith (Grey Gargoyle), and Angrir Breaker of Souls (Thing). Sin, now Skadi, rounds up every neo-Nazi and subversive she can find and these empowered heavy weights start killing people and breaking stuff to generate fear to empower the Serpent. World wide chaos ensues. The heroes get their tails whipped until Odin gives Tony access to the same forge that created Thor's hammer, and thus uru super weapons are made to power up 9 Mighty (pictured above). Butts are kicked, shields are broken, Thor dies killing his uncle.

Sorry Miracle, didn't post that to bash your dislike/opinion. I just feel that stating "I never read Fear Itself so I don't know what the story is...but I don't really care for any of these new Mates." seems like a kid saying they don't like carrots just because even though they haven't tried them. I think I know what you're getting at though. You haven't read it, therefore you have no interest. Sorry didn't mean to sound like a dick.

^^ What he said. I haven't read a comic book in over 5 years, but I still love the Marvel U, and these mates are very colorful and will look nice in my collection. However, they will be prioritized down the line behind current preorders and such. Looking forward to seeing the Iron Man from this set too, based on the above art, very cool looking.

The Serpent then summons 7 more hammers and each claims a host and transforms them into one of Cul's warriors- Kuurth: Breaker of Stone (Juggernaut), Nul: Breaker of Worlds (Hulk), Skirn: Breaker of Men (Titania), Nerkkod: Breaker of Oceans (Attuma), Greithoth: Breaker of Wills (Absorbing Man), Mokk: Breaker of Faith (Grey Gargoyle), and Angrir Breaker of Souls (Thing).

You missed one out ...... Faart:Breaker of Winds (Volstagg).

-flatulencebuttsmate

I'm not sure that even Mirymate could give us a precis.

Challenge Accep... oh who am I kidding, it was 100 freakin' books.

I can give you the extreme Miry notes version-

Cul was Odin's brother and at some point in pre history Odin imprisons the Fear God in the deepest watery hole on Midgard. Cul's generals were also banished somewhere, but each wielded a huge uru hammer. In the 1940's the Red Skull and the Vril Society discover one of those hammers cannot lift it. Years later, his daughter Sin can, she's tranformed by the hammer into goddess and frees Cul, known as the Serpent. The Serpent then summons 7 more hammers and each claims a host and transforms them into one of Cul's warriors- Kuurth: Breaker of Stone (Juggernaut), Nul: Breaker of Worlds (Hulk), Skirn: Breaker of Men (Titania), Nerkkod: Breaker of Oceans (Attuma), Greithoth: Breaker of Wills (Absorbing Man), Mokk: Breaker of Faith (Grey Gargoyle), and Angrir Breaker of Souls (Thing). Sin, now Skadi, rounds up every neo-Nazi and subversive she can find and these empowered heavy weights start killing people and breaking stuff to generate fear to empower the Serpent. World wide chaos ensues. The heroes get their tails whipped until Odin gives Tony access to the same forge that created Thor's hammer, and thus uru super weapons are made to power up 9 Mighty (pictured above). Butts are kicked, shields are broken, Thor dies killing his uncle.

you forgot to mention the most epic scene in the last issue, which i feel is worth mentioning :P

I really like the Worthy set, Thing in particular. I thought from the first time that design was revealed that it would pop as a minimate. The Mighty set is worthwhile for Odin and probably Iron Man, but I still think Marvel mostly missed a chance to do some interesting designs for the characters and weapons and gave us obvious ones instead.

Edited by stack32

I'm glad to see something that isn't movie based, but these just leave me flat. I'm only really interested in Sin and the Grey Gargoyle, and if we were going to get them I'd rather have them as they normally look.

I'm coming to the conclusion that I don't really like when DST tries to do box sets based on current comics. That probably has a lot to do with my disdain for the state of Marvel's comics.