UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Mega Bloks does Call of Duty line (swivel biceps)

Customizer

Hmm must be a small world or something... Guess what I received in the mail yesterday?

I picked these up cheap on ebay for a boardgame project I'm tinkering with.

They are pretty cool and have a great heavy armor vibe going on, they also seem much more solid than the halo figures.

post-7-0-60839500-1382201629_thumb.jpg
post-7-0-08176200-1382201832_thumb.jpg

CoD mini Shown for comparison.

T.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ha! Clearly we both appreciate a well articulated mini figure with attractive sculpting :)

You definitely have the right idea wth regard to using these figures as game board miniatures. he are the right scale and take the gaming experience to its fitting next step - poseable , in scale miniatures that can act out the action to a degree. I'd already be playing a board game or be involved with wargaming had they done this years ago. As it stands i just appreciate the scultping from afar.

The Dragon Universe figures are another example of not really needing a reason to own things if they look cool enough :D Their looking cool is reason enough.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If you are so lucky as to be able to actually find them in stores then give in :D Why would you not? Micro figures that actually look humanoid with this level of articulation? Pfft..i don't have many vices so i'm willing to accept this one lol.

And yes...we're getting WWII figures :D I should consider myself lucky i haven't been able to find more on the shelves. I'd have dropped serious cash if i had.

Saw the Zombies set today at TRU. I really wish they had given them the same or even similar articulation they've given the other minifigures. Sadly, the zombies look like they have Lego minifig articulation (Elbows and knees would have helped me want to buy them)

I'm so hyped! I can't believe i'm this excited about a building block line. Building blocks for crying out loud! I've never had even the slightest interest in building blocks and Mega Bloks has NAILED it with this Call of Duty line. Damn near perfection.

World War II-themed sets will hit shelves at Toys ''R'' Us early next year. Keep an eye out for more details and more set reveals!

1476136_265550583600323_877293193_n.jpg

Edited by Customizer

I'm so hyped! I can't believe i'm this excited about a building block line. Building blocks for crying out loud! I've never had even the slightest interest in building blocks and Mega Bloks has NAILED it with this Call of Duty line. Damn near perfection.

World War II-themed sets will hit shelves at Toys ''R'' Us early next year. Keep an eye out for more details and more set reveals!

1476136_265550583600323_877293193_n.jpg

I have recently purchased a few of the desert sets. I must say MegaBloks nailed, but i had also recently purchased the AGR vehicle with the tracks, and in the set it gives you two sets of tracks for the sole reason that they break after about a couple of days, so im a little nervous about the durability of these tracks.

• 3 weeks later...
Revealed via Facebook today, Allied Troop Pack!

894904_276782605810454_88237081_o_zpse8d

Do i need them?

Noooooooo

Will i buy them?

Absolutely lol. I've been waiting a lifetime for poseable little green army men. I don't think it will get closer than this unless i dye them.

....i need a classic mine detection guy that used to come in all of the plastic army men packs. This guy:

army_mine540x366.JPG

With articulation now he wont seem so lame.

The five worst plastic army men of all time:

According to Mega the new sets will hit shelves in the spring.

The back of the box from the new Call of Duty Legends Set:

484816_278992312256150_1627372879_n.jpg

For you WWII enthusiast and fans of attractive vehicles in general ....

I came across this tank set being reviewed on another site:

DSC03138_zpsd2ef67bc.jpg

It is in scale, if not strictly speaking, with the Call of Duty figures. So for those wanting German soldiers and vehicles to compliment the new Call of Duty WWII figure sets that are being released (considering Mega Brands wont be releasing Nazi troops) this is a fine alternative.

IMO it's better than the Mega Bloks Call of Duty tank which is quite nice .

Edited by Customizer

Thanks for sharing although I have to say I am more interested in the vehicles than the figures which in turn are far better than the usual Mega figures .

I've been amongst those here banging on about military Minimates .....esp. WW2 versions .....for ages . Why the hesitation from DST .....PC correctness,doubts on sales ? Piffle dry.png

That tank looks great & it is totally ironic that COBI, the company that produces it ,is based in Warsaw,Poland ........it just doesn't get any more non-PC/ironic than that .

Anbody got that Mega CoD tank yet ? Is it 'mate scale ,anywhere near ?