UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

LEGO Thread

cale

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

So I out surfing the net looking to see what cool lego creations I could find and I believe I have found my holy grail.

Thundercats Thundertank

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/49777

But unfortunately the price for the parts (3k range for all of those retired sets) is out of range.

Edited by Zombieboyfiend

• 10 months later...

Bit of a thread necro, but thought I'd share my Lego experience of the day. There was a new Lego Store opening in Indianapolis this weekend so for weeks my boys and I have planned on going. When we got there, there was a line to get into the store that was somewhere between 400-500 people that stretched about a fourth of the way down the mall. Needless to say we'll be returning in a month or so when the crowds die down (I think that line will be gone by then). For anyone that's been to a Lego Store before, is this normal?

They might have had some kind of give-away. One opened at a mall near me about a year ago and they had a giveaway for the 1st 100 customers (i think). Not sure how big your store is so maybe they have some kind of cool display?

• 2 weeks later...

I just got back from TRU and on top of having 5 cases of Series 4 Minifigs, all of the Pirates of the Caribbean sets are out! I have to say, they look really nice, and I almost broke my 'no more Legos' rule.

The spoiler-tastic

Fountain of Youth

playset looks particularly nice!

Edited by youbastards

I just got back from TRU and on top of having 5 cases of Series 4 Minifigs, all of the Pirates of the Caribbean sets are out! I have to say, they look really nice, and I almost broke my 'no more Legos' rule.

The spoiler-tastic

Fountain of Youth

playset looks particularly nice!

I'm hoping to see those in the store while the sale is on this week. I've recently added the Imperial Flagship and Brickbeard's Bounty, and would love to see them along the Queen Anne's Revenge.

I reviewed 4183 The Mill on LEGO-specific website Eurobricks, check it out and let me know what you think compared to my Minimates reviews.

I think it was a solid review, and I'll look forward to more. This is one of the 2 sets I was able to get ordered from Toys R Us before the sale goes off (buy 1 get 1 half off) AND before the store raised the prices of the sets across the line to MSRP + 10%!

I expect they'll be in stores everywhere in the coming weeks, to corss promote the video game if nothing else.

• 3 months later...

So I went into TRU last night and the first thing I saw on a Lego display next to CS was the new Star Wars Republic Frigate set which I wanted. Then I look at the price tag at 129.99$ and started to rethink it. Then my wife was like "isn't that the one you want well put it in the cart already" man I love her! Then to put icing on the cake the BOGO sale includes Star Wars right now so I also got the Echo Base set (that I didn't even know was coming out) for 50% off! Hells yeah! My son is bugging me right now to get them open so he can help me build them.

I want to get a Ki-Adi Mundi minifigure but the Geonosian ship he comes with is super lame so hopefully they will make him into a keychain like they did Aayla Secura (which is how I got her).

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 6 months later...