UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walking Dead Minimates!

funkguerilla

(Aside from the simple fact that Walking Dead is a great license to snag on its own, I can't help but also think of the other possibilities that a successful Kirkman/Image/Skybound + DST team-up may bring... I'm ready for Toy Fair.)

There only one other Kirkman property that matters...no, not Invincible! :sweat:

250px-Battle_Pope_01_cover.jpg

I can't wait to see these fleshed out.

What he said, whoever was the brains behind this, pat them on the back for us, Zach! :thumbsup:

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a big fan of Zombies, the Walking Dead, or Robert Kirkman. I'm actually selling all my Walking Dead books right now, because I've decided I just don't want to read the comic any more. And I think Kirkman's probably the worst writer in comics history, if you subscribe to my "talent/success" theory of mediocrity (which I do; I mean, it's my theory). Basically, he's gotten farther with less talent then any other writer in the history of comics. IMHO, of course.

But this is a big, big win for DST. This will no doubt be a success at both TRU and comic book stores (should they choose to go that way). Walking Dead, for better or worse, has become THE zombie property. So, hitching your wagon to this star will probably be much more successful then an in-house zombie line would be. And, hopefully, an Image/Skybound relationship will lead to some other properties in the future (I'll give you a tip: Hobgoblin's cape is perfect for Atom Eve).

So, congratulations guys. I'll only be buying these for customizing purposes, but I know I'll be in the vast minority.

I struggled along with the show & the typical post-apocalypse yawn-yawn that I've witnessed so many times on TV & Movies over the years however....... I can see the huge potential for this line & I just hope that the emphasis is on the zombies because Minimate civilians ain't what the people want. I've watched every episode & after the sheriff in his uniform ......whoyagonnacall? Kirkman will no doubt want ("I can't wait to see all my characters....."-Kirkman) all the WD characters .....er...um...characterised as Minimates .....ask yourself whether civilians sell.

This is great news for DST, but I can't shake the feeling that I would have much preferred Maximum Zombies.

Wait till you see the other zombies in the line. I picked the tamest, most standard one. The others get increasingly more horrific, and while I'm not sure how many are based on actual zombies in the book, they all look great. The team is trying to balance humans and zombies in the line, and I think they've found a mix that works. You need the civilians to move the line forward, so it's not just zombies, and I know that a lot of you WANT more civilians. Win-win. Plus, the comic designs have a lot of character to them, and that will come across.

And this has been in the works for a loooong time. Before Maximum Zombies. I think MZ showed Kirkman what we could do with a WD line, and that was when the line finally got traction. Perhaps we'll revisit MZ down the road.

O.M.G-Very Nice.this is just to cool. I can't wait for these there are so many awesome charecters.Daryl,Axel,Abraham,Dale,Tyreese,Morgan,Andrea to name a very few.This line is going to be just wild and then of course theres the ZOMBIES ! yup i'm excited don't mind me :biggrin:

O.M.G-Very Nice.this is just to cool. I can't wait for these there are so many awesome charecters.Daryl,Axel,Abraham,Dale,Tyreese,Morgan,Andrea to name a very few.This line is going to be just wild and then of course theres the ZOMBIES ! yup i'm excited don't mind me :biggrin:

No Daryl. Remember, this is comics only.

I hope they cover the original survivors first; i want Abraham, but not before Herschel. Prisoner-era survivors, those that died before, and then anything after the prison would be my preferred order.

Of course, fit The Governor anywhere you want, Zach. ;)

I hope they cover the original survivors first; i want Abraham, but not before Herschel. Prisoner-era survivors, those that died before, and then anything after the prison would be my preferred order.

little to excited :biggrin: i agree original survivors first for sure

And this has been in the works for a loooong time. Before Maximum Zombies. I think MZ showed Kirkman what we could do with a WD line, and that was when the line finally got traction. Perhaps we'll revisit MZ down the road.

While I'm glad that the Maximum Zombies helped the Walking dead line get finalized, I can't help but feel sorry for those poor little MZ prototypes. There they were, the perfect blend of zombie horror and stylized mini-figure, winning over the hearts of everyone who saw them. And now they're forced to the back of the closet to make room for the cool zombie kids. I feel really bad for those zombies, Zach. If you want, I'll take those zombies off your hands and give them a good home. One where they can be loved, get plenty of exercise and feast on all the brains they want.

Well...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/CBMAssassin/news/?a=29024

He's a hard sell as a toy, given his... villainy. But he's still a pretty major villain. We're debating it.

Technically, he's not in it yet. Not that i would argue his inclusion. He'd certainly be a GREAT selling point, given his popularity.

And I was more thinking because he's slated for McFarlane's next wave, and:

a. No doubt, DST WILL do it better.

b. He's apparently mass-market, TRU-okay.

I think we're all just really, really excited at this point.

Wow... never thought it'd happen!

Time to join the completist ranks for this line, buy everything twice.

Great job DST!!

Well...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/CBMAssassin/news/?a=29024

He's a hard sell as a toy, given his... villainy. But he's still a pretty major villain. We're debating it.

Oh c'mon... you gotta include the Governor. Darth Vader has done worse and he's a toy!

And if you check out the new teasers that have been appearing this week... could possibly be seeing Daryl sooner rather than later!?

image005.jpg

Ugh, we're getting this in place of Maximum Zombies? What a jip! MZ had 10 times more potential than TWD. And I know it helpped with name reccognition, but the TV show sucks. I'm only going to be getting these as long as they're the comic versions.

I'm sorry if this post sounds overly bitter, but I was so looking forward to Maximum Zombies. There were places and things to go with that line that TWD just won't be capable of handling.

I'm not a big fan of Zombies, the Walking Dead, or Robert Kirkman. I'm actually selling all my Walking Dead books right now, because I've decided I just don't want to read the comic any more. And I think Kirkman's probably the worst writer in comics history, if you subscribe to my "talent/success" theory of mediocrity (which I do; I mean, it's my theory). Basically, he's gotten farther with less talent then any other writer in the history of comics. IMHO, of course.

But this is a big, big win for DST. This will no doubt be a success at both TRU and comic book stores (should they choose to go that way). Walking Dead, for better or worse, has become THE zombie property. So, hitching your wagon to this star will probably be much more successful then an in-house zombie line would be. And, hopefully, an Image/Skybound relationship will lead to some other properties in the future (I'll give you a tip: Hobgoblin's cape is perfect for Atom Eve).

So, congratulations guys. I'll only be buying these for customizing purposes, but I know I'll be in the vast minority.

I know where you're coming from completely dude. However, I refuse to go as far as to say that Kirkman is the worst comic writer in history (I save that slot for Frank Miller, yeah I said it). I feel that Kirkman is...I'll say mediocre to a little above average of a writer. What killed him was the new found zombie craze in which he received the tidal wave fanboy "I did this before it was so popular so I must be a God" treatment.

Walking Dead was (WAS) a solid book, had a decent story, a lot of suspense and he really did create some fantastic characters and a probably my favorite comic villain to date. Regardless of all that, I too slid off the zombie bandwagon. Mine was a little before Zombie Land came out. Growing up I had an unnatural fear of all things survival horror genre, and next to being taken over by the Russians my next fear was zombies.

The first time I witnessed a zombie walk full of emo kids, I officially dropped the mic and said "done". I refuse to be afraid of dead kids with tight pants. Lack of fear brought lack of any interest. Twenty plus years of fear down the tube just for it to turn into a lame Hot Topic fad.... Enough of my biography though, I am very excited to see these minimates be made.

Please DST keep them comic bound, pay no tribute to that abortion they call a TV show. They really do look great and I'm excited to display them proudly on their own shelf. I can't wait to have Tyreese meet Abraham, they will both have some Rick gossiping to do.

Edited by ImABarRoomHero

It's a little harsh to put The Walking Dead in the same league as all the other zombie comics/books/movies/etc that have jumped on the bandwagon.

The Walking Dead stands head and shoulders above the rest because it's a story about the survivors. The zombies are secondary.

If you don't agree... you've got it wrong / you didn't get it. Stick with Marvel & DC titles.

But whatever, I like it and that's all I care about... well that and these AWESOME TWD MINIMATES!!

Invincible next please...!?