UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Help, 360 broke!

TM2 Dinobot

Okay, so we had a bad lightning strike a few feet from the house the other day, and it knocked out the wireless router (but not the modem. Weird.) and the Ethernet ports on my dad's computer and my 360. Now I'm having Netflix withdrawls. I called Microsoft, and they said it'll be $100 to fix. That ain't happening. I read online that a wireless network adapter bypasses the Ethernet port, and may fix the problem. But $65 is quite a lot for "might". So I was looking and found a cheaper one.

http://www.sigant.net/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1&page=shop.product_details&flypage=yagendoo_VaMazing_zoom2.tpl&product_id=357141&category_id=1763&gdftrk=gdfV24672_a_7c12_a_7c119_a_7cN82E16874177037

Will this work?

yeah I mentioned this in that other thread the wireless adapter works great. Now I don't have a busted up ethernet adapter but the wireless adapter should bypass that. I have the microsoft one I bought for 60 used at gamestop a couple yrs ago. I don't see why that brand wouldn't work. Good luck.

that's good to know. 2 yrs ago my hotel got hit by lightning and it fried the ethernet port. luckily because i travel with mine I did the 2 yr warranty with best buy and got a whole new unit and ended up with a larger HD. But I use the wireless adapter now so looks like i'm good to go if that ever happens again.