UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

So, I got this Lego set in the mail

TM2 Dinobot

The house that the founder of Lego lived in:

bhg.jpg

Looks like there was a limited numbered edition of 32 signed sets released as a giveaway in 2009, but this obviously isn't one of them.

gallery_148_22_101192.jpg

There is only one matching the one you posted on eBay, currently at $91.00, so it appears to be a pretty rare piece.

How did this arrive "randomly in the mail"?

Yeah, the thing that kept throwing me was the un-numbered. I could find info on the 32 sets, but there's mine, and one on ebay, and I'm just wondering if these are as rare or what.

You'd think Lego would tell me these things. But no.

Now I don't know wether to open it, sell it or trade it. Think I could get a Gold AND Silver Spderman out of it? 0-o

I love Lego, but the idea of collecting sets never crossed my mind as a kid. I always mixed all my bricks up together in a big reg Lego suitcase. I kept set instructions, but neer boxes and certainly not unopened boxes.

LIT2009 = Muchos $

4000007 = This years employee gift?

Oh. Doy. Thanks Ady. You win the most helpful comment award. Man, why didn't I think of that?

I'm doing some part time work for Lego. Apparently this is one of the perks.

That's awesome! What kind of stuff are you doing for them if you don't mind me asking? I'd love to work for LEGO.

I keep trying to see when the local LEGO store here is hiring. I applied once but apparently didn't make the cut even considering my 10+ years of retail experience and LOVE the product (sorry....still kinda grumpy about it....)

But yeah, hell of a perk!

I know how you feel Jason, I applied to my local TRU and didn't get it. I find it funny that when I go in there I end up helping people with their questions, no one that works there has any idea what anything is. I just assume it may be a requirement to have some knowledge over their products in order to work there, I guess I'm still upset about it too

I know how you feel Jason, I applied to my local TRU and didn't get it. I find it funny that when I go in there I end up helping people with their questions, no one that works there has any idea what anything is. I just assume it may be a requirement to have some knowledge over their products in order to work there, I guess I'm still upset about it too

I've only been to the mall that store is in a few times (simply because it is a pain to even get into the place and it's a bit of a drive), but the times I was there, I did get a sense of the employees not truly knowing the product all that well. Now I have been to the one in Disneyland and those folks are on the ball!

So it makes me wonder what they are looking for when a person with 10+ years of retail experience and knowledge of the product doesn't get chosen for the job. 0_o

• 4 weeks later...