UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel LEGOs

boyd

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually of the opinion that Marvel Legos may be able to actually help sell Minimates.

When parents don't want to spend $25 - $100 for a set of Legos just to get one Lego minifig, they may decide to buy a pack of 2 Minimates for $7.50 instead.

It sounds silly, but it may actually help sell some Minimates. TRU relocating Minimates to the Lego/MegaBlocks aisle would also help with that.

Although they haven't actually said if they are selling these individually (as the various series of blind pack Minifigs) or if they will make sets, have they?

I'm not a DC guy by any means, but I would definitely buy a Lego Invisible Plane with Wonder Woman set!!!

• 6 months later...

Pretty underwhelmed with the Marvel sets. After the Batcave, the Funhouse, and even the Lexbot, the best they could do was a helicopter, a very small part of SHIELD interior, and a Quinjet?? Even Cap's cycle i was hoping would have some scenery. Sigh.

And Loki escaping on a van is the funniest thing EVER.

go to agree, the Marvel sets are pretty underwhelming, and Iron Man looks ridiculous. Quite like Hulk, but he doesn't exactly look Lego-like, does he now.

like I said in the DC thread (for some reason), Cap's bike will be pretty perfect for mates. It is the same model as the big generic cop bike. I have my Ghost Rider one it, and it is pretty huge, just had to give the handlebars a trim, of course.

so... something for wave 42 Cap to ride.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe I'm just spoilt by Minimates and Mega Bloks renditions but these look ridiculous, bobble head iron man? some sort of emo hulk? I'll be steering my nephew clear of these, although I will have to purchase a video game if they make one, my partner collects lego video games (and I don't mind them all that much to be honest).

I help out at my nephews school every week for a few hours, supervising/encouraging kids to play with lego, but all the stuff they have is oooooold and it's much better for playing with, I'm just not into lego's current output.

I'm excited about the new Super Heroes lines. I feel like the new Batwing is weak compared to the first one, but I like the new Joker copter and the new Batmobile better than the originals. The minifigs look great, and the 2 sided heads are a welcome touch.

They don't have the paint apps or the articulation of Minimates, but LEGO figures are cool in their own way.

• 5 weeks later...

Not put here yet. Target's website lists them as available 4/8, but I've seen where some people have gotten theirs early. I read a review where the guy referred to them as alien soldier and alien general, but I don't know if that was the official name or just what he called them.

Not put here yet. Target's website lists them as available 4/8, but I've seen where some people have gotten theirs early. I read a review where the guy referred to them as alien soldier and alien general, but I don't know if that was the official name or just what he called them.

yeah thats what they have been referred to i was just curious if they were actually called by their real name in the instructions?

So far the only store around here that has them is TRU and they had alot of em. I picked up the Loki's escape with the S.H.I.E.L.D. truck since i could handle the $2 price increase over the $10 one for the Quinjet. Everything i saw referred to them as 'alien soldier'.

Picked three of these up on Saturday (TRU had them early) and had them built by that night; Quinjet, SHIELD, and Cap's cycle. Quinjet is really the only set i'm impressed with; it's MUCH bigger and heavier than expected, and the entire team besides Hulk can fit inside. The SHIELD bay is really small, and so under-detailed to what it could and should be, however. That blank white wall kills me. This should have been a $100 set and had AT LEAST two FULL floors of the Helicarrier, not this one tiny bay to hold Loki. (That big meeting room in the trailers would have a perfect addition). Cap's cycle would have fared better, but one of his Shield stickers was missing, so i couldn't put the other one on, and that's just horrible QC for such a small set.

The minifigs are wonderful though. All except Thor and Loki have back tampos (Hawkeye's has his quiver) and the detail is GREAT; Black Widow's belts are especially well done. Hulk is pretty great as well; nice and chunky. Hawkeye is my fav though; they really nailed that design down in their simple style and he came out fantastic.

Not going to be buying the Wolverine chopper yet, and probably not at all; LEGO's done better choppers than that and they know it. Undecided on the SHIELD Truck, though i do really like the look of it. Think i'm more disappointed in the lack of a Nick Fury in any of these, really. I would have gladly sacrificed a Hawkeye in one of the two he comes in for Nick.

...... Think i'm more disappointed in the lack of a Nick Fury in any of these, really. I would have gladly sacrificed a Hawkeye in one of the two he comes in for Nick.

I was kind of annoyed by that as well, of the 4 Avengers sets we get 3 Loki, 2 Thor, 2 Hawkeye, 2 Ironman(but at least they are different armors), 1 Hulk(understandable as he is huge), 1 Captain america(?WTH where's the Love?), and 1 black widow

we could have done with Nick fury, Agent Coulson, and/or Maria Hill in place of a Thor and a Hawkeye and maybe 1 Loki

while I don't have it hand, the Cap bike looks to be the same one as the deluxe cop bike.

If it is, if anything, its a little big... the thing is huge, I have Ghost Rider on one I sprayed black. You'd have to trim a handlebars a little for a minimate, of course.

Well... it's possible we'll get more figures later, lisencing window permitting.

Can someone with the Quinjet tell me the following:

1) Does the landing gear work?

2) Does the rear door close all the way, or is there a significant gap like w/ the Cars jet?

3) Does Cap's motorcycle fit in the Quinjet?

Thanks!

I just finished putting together my Quinjet and it is amazing!

1. The landing gear in the back is fixed, the front landing gear rotates but it doesn't go up and down into the jet.

2. The back door closes up prettly cleanly

3. Don't have the motorcycle to answer that question