UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate Labs

Ivan

I thought I had a self-aggrandizing thread for promoting my works in here but couldn't seem to find it with the search. Maybe it's about time I started one. :)

I'd like some feedback on my Minimate related creations and I'm too lazy to add and maintain a commenting system at Minimate Labs. (Actually I'm afraid of little Bobby Tables and the wrath he could inflict.) So I put it to you folks of the 'verse. Would you be so kind? :D

Minimate Labs

In my latest post I've been developing my skills with Blender and created a '90s Cyclops' Minimate that I can pose and animate. Here are a couple of the renders.

101012_cycWallpaper2.jpg

101012_cycWallpaper3.jpg

101012_cycWallpaper4.jpg

There's also a short animation, but I can't seem to embed that here. You'll have to go to the post. There are also full desktop sized versions there as well.

I feel so dirty.

Edited by Ivan

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ivan! That looks AWESOME! Really sharp! And so accurate. I'm really impressed man.

I don't have the bandwidth at the moment to view your animation - but i'll check it out as soon as i do.

In the meantime - these are becoming my new wallpaper :)

A+ work man!

Do you take requests? I'd love to see some 'unreleased' minimates given the Blender :thumbsup:

EDIT: Ok - the animation was short enough for me to load up - Very slick buddy!

Edited by Nessex

First thing I thought was,<irony> 'wow'</irony>, Ivan created a red optic blast and added it to the photo he took of a Cyclops mate. <irony>'How incredible'. That's so worth posting!</irony>

Then I realized two things.

First: That's not a photo.

Second: I am unworthy.

Edited by Bob Harris

Thanks everyone. I'm going to try and keep all my self promotion in this thread from here on out. :) ...well, in my signature too. ...and my avatar. ...maybe Twitter too. ...perhaps a DeviantArt page as well?

I doubt I'll make a longer Cyclops animation in the near future. But on long enough timelines all probabilities converge to 1.0. Right now I'm going to focus on building up a character library. Maybe I'll try to reproduce the Marvel poster that's being included in the latest packs. Every time I finish a new figure, I'll generate a few renders for the site and link them here.

Thanks for the positive feedback too. It's good to know I'm on the right track with these. Now I just have to figure out how to add more hours to the day.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm starting a series of Minimate renderings on Minimate Labs. It's called Site 23-Baker. The first one, titled 'Survey', is up on the site now. This one is pretty simple, but they'll get more complex as time wears on.

s23b_01sm.png

I'm going to try and post two a week, Sundays and Wednesdays.

• 3 weeks later...

Surprisingly, I've actually been able to keep the two-a-week schedule. The latest render (#6) was posted today.

I realize it's hard to follow the series chronologically if you're jumping in late. The site isn't built for that (yet). Here are all the Site 23-Baker posts so far. (Larger images in the links.)

• 2 weeks later...