UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Amazing Spider-Man 1/2 Discussion

Still can't get excited about this one. Trying, I want to like it. Maybe after tomorrow (have Avengers tickets) I can work up frak to give about it.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great trailer, the suit looks good on screen compared to the on set photos we saw.

The eyes look silver yet all the action figures (including the minis) have him with orange eyes as per the original test shots we saw. Am I missing something?

Still not sold on the actor playing Peter, or the need for a reboot, but I have to say that trailer shows there is a scope to this 'new' Spider-Man movie universe that Raimi never managed to create. I love the scene in the trailer after Connors transforms and it laying on the floor with a tattered lab coat, a nice nod to the classic design.

I'll see it, with the same reservations I had seeing First Class, and hope I am equally surprised and entertained.

I'll see it, with the same reservations I had seeing First Class, and hope I am equally surprised and entertained.

This is exactly how I feel.

First Class knocked me on my ass. It came totally out-of-nowhere after hearing about its super rushed schedule... it ended up being one of my favorite comic book movies, surpassing the excellent X2: X-Men United as the best X-film much to my surprise.

As for The Amazing Spider-Man:

I really like the grounded approach they went with... but its just too soon after Raimi's films. I mean, the original film literally just had its tenth anniversary yesterday. I don't know if I want to sit through Uncle Ben's death AGAIN...

On the bright side, the film's visuals look FANTASTIC outside of some dodgy CG. It's very colorful looking when compared to Nolan's usually cold Bat-films.

Andrew Garfield has potential as Spidey and I can already tell that Emma Stone's Gwen Stacey will be FAR better than Kirsten Dunst's highly-annoying Mary Jane Watson.

I just hope the Lizard will better than what his merchandise makes him look like. The trailers make it hard to see what he looks like...

So... it could go either way for me. :lol:

This is the lowest-priority film of the year for me. Do i hope to be happily surprised by this like First Class? Of course. But this and DKR just look....terrible. DKR should at least be interesting if i can't really enjoy it, but this....hoooo boy.

I will say this much: Lizard has a coat, and that is a good call.

• 2 weeks later...

The wife and I went on a little trip to NYC and Boston over the weekend and I ran into Spider-Man. I didn't know he played the sax or that he had fallen on such hardship.

DSC_0074.jpg

DSC_0072.jpg

Hopefully the new movie will turn things around for him.

The wife and I went on a little trip to NYC and Boston over the weekend and I ran into Spider-Man. I didn't know he played the sax or that he had fallen on such hardship.

DSC_0074.jpg

DSC_0072.jpg

Hopefully the new movie will turn things around for him.

Man, I knew J. Jonah Jameson was stingy, but this is ridiculous!

In all seriousness, though, if he really is experiencing hardship, I hope he is able to overcome it soon.

• 1 month later...

It's not wrong to vocalize disappointment about trailers or footage but I got the sense that most people were hating on this movie for the sole fact that it was a reboot and the first Spider-man movie only came out ten years ago. If you don't like what you see, then that's fine. But don't say it will be terrible just because you liked the Tobey movies.

Am I going to see this? Yes. 100% absolutely. But I don't like the direction I've seen from the trailers and reviews, and so I choose to vote with my money and wait for DVD.

Still bought the Minimates, 3 3/4" and MS figures, so I'm not sure how much my vote counts. :P