UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU 20

MiniMage

From the ashes of Wave 19, Wave 20 will rise...

In a recent interview, Mr. Zach Oat commented on the topic of the 20th wave of Toys R US Minimates stating:

"We do have Series 20 of the Toys R Us Exclusive waves done! They're designed, although I don't think they've been produced yet, and they should be hitting Toys R Us Stores this Spring or Summer! It's going to represent a little big of a change in the way we do things for Toys R Us. I can't talk much about the change yet, I'm not quite ready to drop that bomb, but let's just say it's going to be a little different. The next Toys R Us wave is going to be something special, and it isn't going to overlap with any specialty assortment. Hopefully we're going to announce more information on that soon, and once we do, determine when it'll be hitting stores. I think it'll be really cool and a lot of people are going to like it! I'm sure there will be some people who are still a little unsure about it, but I feel like for the most part it should go well."

Thoughts? Dunno.gif

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't really imagine WHAT the bomb will be. Marvel NOW exclusively?

I asked Chuck about a Mr. Knight fig (and a NOW! wave in general) and this was his response from the latest AskDST:

DSTChuck: Glad you like series 62. I honestly do not know how deep we are going to go with the NOW line. I am sure there will be more box sets in 2016 but I do not know the theme yet.

That, I interpret as having some plans for NOW! figs, but that many to fill a whole wave.

It's going to represent a little big of a change in the way we do things for Toys R Us. I can't talk much about the change yet, I'm not quite ready to drop that bomb, but let's just say it's going to be a little different. The next Toys R Us wave is going to be something special, and it isn't going to overlap with any specialty assortment.

Pretty sure I know what this is going to be. . .all Spider-Men, all the time.

On the other side of the spectrum from blind bags is a build-a-figure of some sort. That would demand equally packed assortments, of course.

I'd like something like that. Next wave each pack has a part of a large galactus!

Or an entire wave with all Spider-verse characters like:

Spider-Gwen/ Peter Parker Spider-Man w/ Spider-Ham (rocket raccoon esc.)

Spider-Hulk/ Spidey 2099

British Spidey/ Ben Riley Spidey

Were-Spidey/ Man-Spider

And tons more!