UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Licenses, What would YOU like to see Minimated ?

Just saw an article mentioning that Super7 was taking over MOTUC from Mattel (knew this before, just hadn't thought about it for a bit) and it made me wonder if there might be a greater chance that a way could be found to license MOTU minimates. I know there are a few stylized MOTU products out there now so it seems like Mattel is at least somewhat willing to license the property. Not sure what the response would be from MOTU fans but it would sure be a great fit for the style, mostly basic bodies with a few add-ons and accessories.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dukes of Hazzard, would be a fun license to have the MiniMate treatment.

Could be a line of vehicles with MiniMates:

1) Bo Duke with The General Lee                                                2) Uncle Jesse Duke with his Pick-up Truck.

3) Daisy Duke with her Jeep                                                        4) Boss J.D. Hogg with his car

5) Rosco P. Coltrane and Flash) with a police car                        6) Cooter Davenport with his Tow-Truck

7) Luke Duke with the car before it became the General Lee      8) Cletus Hogg with a damaged police car

Then there could be a couple of box sets to get all the characters:

DoH Set 1) Lulu Hogg, Enos Strate, Coy and Vance Duke.

DoH Set 2) The Ballardeer, Sheriff Little from Chickasaw County, Miz "Emma" Tizdale and Dr. Petticord.

That would cover just about all the basic characters and provide a few of the background characters. Would also provide some more playtime since the have vehicles to get around in.

I would like to see Masters of the Universe MiniMates (He-Man, Man-at-Arms, Teela, Skeletor, Evil-lyn, Beast-man, Mer-man, Buzz-Off, Claw-ful, Stratos, Zodiac, She-Ra, and so forth).

(Also, I would like to see more Fantasy Characters in Minimates form.  Mermaids, Centaurs, Gorgons, and the such.)

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I still want the same old stuff like GI Joe, MOTU, Hanna-Barbera, Dukes of Hazzard, A-Team, Battle of the Planets, etc........But...

I am very late to this series and games, but I would absolutely love" Assassin's Creed" minimates! my son wanted to play it, so my brother gave me an old game, and we love it... I love the costumes so much, I am considering a full changeup of customs i plan on doing, and focus on these!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/1/2016 at 1:21 PM, Captain Paco said:

Dukes of Hazzard, would be a fun license to have the MiniMate treatment.

Could be a line of vehicles with MiniMates:

1) Bo Duke with The General Lee                                                2) Uncle Jesse Duke with his Pick-up Truck.

3) Daisy Duke with her Jeep                                                        4) Boss J.D. Hogg with his car

5) Rosco P. Coltrane and Flash) with a police car                        6) Cooter Davenport with his Tow-Truck

7) Luke Duke with the car before it became the General Lee      8) Cletus Hogg with a damaged police car

Then there could be a couple of box sets to get all the characters:

DoH Set 1) Lulu Hogg, Enos Strate, Coy and Vance Duke.

DoH Set 2) The Ballardeer, Sheriff Little from Chickasaw County, Miz "Emma" Tizdale and Dr. Petticord.

That would cover just about all the basic characters and provide a few of the background characters. Would also provide some more playtime since the have vehicles to get around in.

I would like to see Masters of the Universe MiniMates (He-Man, Man-at-Arms, Teela, Skeletor, Evil-lyn, Beast-man, Mer-man, Buzz-Off, Claw-ful, Stratos, Zodiac, She-Ra, and so forth).

(Also, I would like to see more Fantasy Characters in Minimates form.  Mermaids, Centaurs, Gorgons, and the such.)

I would buy literally every mate you listed. I'm a huge fan of minimate vehicles. We neeeed cop cars and the like! ????

It might be too gruesome, but maybe minimates could do a Crossed minimates line.  It's a super sadistic comic (max zombies is almost at that level of gore, savageness, but the Crossed are more extreme).  The original run, webcomic, and psychopath series were all addictive reads.  Badlands is a 100 issue series that just finished and the stories were hit or miss but I appreciate complete story arcs being told (or being attempted to be told) in 3 or 4 issues.

Crossed_Badlands32reg_662x1024.jpg

I would really like to see the Presidents all made into MiniMate form.

Someone did a custom Barack Obama and I would love to see George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Jefferson, Teddy Roosevelt, John F. Kennedy and the rest all made in MiniMate form.  I guess that is just the geek in me.  But I think Historical MiniMates would be a great thing.

I would even go as far and saying Biblical MiniMates would be interesting as well.   Adam & Eve, Moses, David & Goliath, Jesus (not the Dashboard Jesus either) and even a Nativity Set all in MiniMate form would be cool.  Noah and the Ark full of MiniMate Animals would be a first and so cool.

But I would like to see More Star Trek MiniMates as well.  I will never get tired of asking for more Star Trek MiniMates. 

10 hours ago, Grayson said:

It might be too gruesome, but maybe minimates could do a Crossed minimates line.  It's a super sadistic comic (max zombies is almost at that level of gore, savageness, but the Crossed are more extreme).  The original run, webcomic, and psychopath series were all addictive reads.  Badlands is a 100 issue series that just finished and the stories were hit or miss but I appreciate complete story arcs being told (or being attempted to be told) in 3 or 4 issues.

Crossed_Badlands32reg_662x1024.jpg

I pity the fool who'll go into this book expecting standard post-apoc stuff. I ain't a squimish guy when it comes to books (movies are a whole 'nother matter), but Crossed is one of the few things I can't read. I kinda appreciate the whole social satire part, and I'd like to make it through the Moore issues some day, but man, does this comic feel like a snuff film in print form.

10 hours ago, Captain Paco said:

I would really like to see the Presidents all made into MiniMate form.

Someone did a custom Barack Obama and I would love to see George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Jefferson, Teddy Roosevelt, John F. Kennedy and the rest all made in MiniMate form.  I guess that is just the geek in me.  But I think Historical MiniMates would be a great thing.

I would even go as far and saying Biblical MiniMates would be interesting as well.   Adam & Eve, Moses, David & Goliath, Jesus (not the Dashboard Jesus either) and even a Nativity Set all in MiniMate form would be cool.  Noah and the Ark full of MiniMate Animals would be a first and so cool.

But I would like to see More Star Trek MiniMates as well.  I will never get tired of asking for more Star Trek MiniMates. 

Luke did an Obama I think, he sold him at the store for a while, if I remember correctly. Either way, I wouldn't mind a "Historical" line. Da Vinci, Washington, Michaelangelo, Alexander, Rasputin, Beethoven, all that jazz. It'd be pretty great I'd say. I'd also buy a Nativity, truth be told. It'd be pricey, but it'd make a nice decoration.

For my money, I'd like to see some mates based on East of West. Great designs, awesome book and even better characters.

8 hours ago, Kostisfire said:

I pity the fool who'll go into this book expecting standard post-apoc stuff. I ain't a squimish guy when it comes to books (movies are a whole 'nother matter), but Crossed is one of the few things I can't read. I kinda appreciate the whole social satire part, and I'd like to make it through the Moore issues some day, but man, does this comic feel like a snuff film in print form.

That's EXACTLY what it is.  I could never describe the series in so few words.  Ya man...the most most squeamish read of the whole series was definitely Psychopath.  The webcomic Wish You Were Here has a nice slow burn to it too and I would say that's probably my favorite of the series.  I read all 100 issues of Badlands, but only remember one Arc at the moment about a comic book writer held prison in a local comic book store, but ya plenty of neat short stories there.

I tried reading Moore's Crossed 100 years after (or whatever it's called)...I am not smart enough or patient enough (or more likely both) to get through the dialogue which has this weird future update to it.  I get that in 100 years we won't be talking with our current syntax, but ya I got tired of it quickly and quit 2 or 3 issues in.

1 hour ago, Grayson said:

That's EXACTLY what it is.  I could never describe the series in so few words.  Ya man...the most most squeamish read of the whole series was definitely Psychopath.  The webcomic Wish You Were Here has a nice slow burn to it too and I would say that's probably my favorite of the series.  I read all 100 issues of Badlands, but only remember one Arc at the moment about a comic book writer held prison in a local comic book store, but ya plenty of neat short stories there.

I tried reading Moore's Crossed 100 years after (or whatever it's called)...I am not smart enough or patient enough (or more likely both) to get through the dialogue which has this weird future update to it.  I get that in 100 years we won't be talking with our current syntax, but ya I got tired of it quickly and quit 2 or 3 issues in.

I can't comment on the stories as I haven't read anything besides a few shorts on various boards, but Crossed is one of those books that you either love or despise, there's no middle ground.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another Toy Fair, another opportunity to update my list:

Alien

Austin Powers

Beetlejuice

Big Trouble in Little China

Blade Runner

Breaking Bad

DC Comics

• Arkham Asylum
  • Arrow
  • Batman v Superman
  • Constantine
  • The Flash
  • Gotham
  • iZombie
  • Legends of Tomorrow
  • Man of Steel
  • Supergirl
  • Watchmen

Firefly

Flash Gordon (comic strip)

Game of Thrones

The Goon

Hannibal

Hellboy

Heroes

Indiana Jones

Judge Dredd/Dredd

Men in Black

Micronauts

Mystery Men

Planet of the Apes

Pirates of the Caribbean

Prometheus

The Six Million Dollar Man

Star Trek

Star Wars

The Thing

The Tick

Underworld

Voltron: Legendary Defender

The X-Files

I'm hoping to be able to cross off Prometheus by the end of the year. With any luck, some more of those DC Comics properties will come off, too.