UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Amazing Spider-Man 1/2 Discussion

I thought this movie was a mixed bag. Spider-Man, the character, was amazing. This is about the perfect Spider-Man--I really have a hard time finding criticism of it. Fights were pretty great overall. Loved the web swinging, too. I also feel the pacing was a bit off, and some of the movie may have dragged and brought down the whole of the film. I liked Gobby quite a bit, and Electro wasn't bad.

Hey guys, I thought i would jump in because Luke and I finally had a free moment together to actually see this movie! I really agree with you Sam! I thought Peter/Spidy was absolutely perfect. As well as Gwen and Aunt May. Fights were good... but something was off. I agree with ThespiderX about the airplane scene, absolutely cringeworthy and you could see what was going to happen about a million years before it did. I feel like I know what they were trying to do but it just didn't work.

Also I think there were way too many close ups on electro's hidious face! And how the heck did he apparate (sorry for the Harry Potter lingo lol) wearing his damn boxer shorts when Harry freed him?? I was like.. damn... that's pretty weird. At one point I think he was wearing an X-Men uniform too. To quote Peter... Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

Edited by LukesLichy

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with ThespiderX about the airplane scene, absolutely cringeworthy and you could see what was going to happen about a million years before it did. I feel like I know what they were trying to do but it just didn't work.

By cutting this useless scene - and the money spend on it - they would have had a few more minuts to explain why Electro was actually "breaking bad". I mean other than Spidey forgetting his name in the Times Square scene. They really took their time to introduce Max Dillon/Electro and make the audience (at least me) understand why he's acting like he did - up to that Time Square scene.

Same goes for Harry injecting that venom - a little research (at least if it's the same blood type) would have helped making the scene more believable.

Other than that, I enjoyed the movie much more than I expected I would.

I agree with ThespiderX about the airplane scene, absolutely cringeworthy and you could see what was going to happen about a million years before it did. I feel like I know what they were trying to do but it just didn't work.

By cutting this useless scene - and the money spend on it - they would have had a few more minuts to explain why Electro was actually "breaking bad". I mean other than Spidey forgetting his name in the Times Square scene. They really took their time to introduce Max Dillon/Electro and make the audience (at least me) understand why he's acting like he did - up to that Time Square scene.

Same goes for Harry injecting that venom - a little research (at least if it's the same blood type) would have helped making the scene more believable.

Other than that, I enjoyed the movie much more than I expected I would.

They actually had the soundtrack explain it of all things. In the background there's this chanting of "They lied to me they shot at me they're using me..." It wasn't just Spidey forgetting his name, it was the fact that Spidey was saying "Don't shoot him" and they shot him. He felt totally betrayed and thought Spider-Man was just distracting him so the cops can kill him.