UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Kickstarter Thread

Fujis

Since the success of the 'Agent 88' Kickstarter campaign, I thought it would be cool to have a thread where we could post about cool projects that we've seen or are backing. I'm currently backing a number of projects but the one that I'm most excited about (and needs some help) is the Black Lotus Empire comic-book series.

Jeff Miller is the creator, writer, inker, and colorist on the series! You can see more of his work here. He's also got a great penciller named Carlos Gomez on board and you can see more of his work here.

th_Sparrow.jpg

I think Sparrow would make a pretty cool Minimate! Once I finish my Charitymates entry I might try to make a custom of her.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1513061270/reaper-miniatures-bones-an-evolution-of-gaming-min if you like gaming miniatures, help Reaper increase production on plastic models (which in addition to being cheaper then traditional pewter will be made in the US of A) and get yourself an amazing deal on their upcoming product line ($10 for dragons!)

I'm backing the Anomalisa stop motion movie,(which is already completely funded) which has incredible talent behind it. I'm a fan of all three of the guy's work so I have no doubt this will be a great film.

Yeah, I'm in for that one, too. Kaufman is just great and this looks amazing.

And very cool idea for a thread!

http://www.kickstart...n-of-gaming-min if you like gaming miniatures, help Reaper increase production on plastic models (which in addition to being cheaper then traditional pewter will be made in the US of A) and get yourself an amazing deal on their upcoming product line ($10 for dragons!)

I'm going to have to get that $100 package from them very soon, my friend and I are looking into starting up an epic D&D game. Alot of those larger $10 are must-haves also. Thanks for the tip!

Edited by Marquis de Carabas

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I kinda remember shockinis. They are pretty cool and fit with minimates aesthetically. Being bigger they could be customized as sentinels and such. With a bit of sculpting they could be even bigger. I might donate something down the road,depending on my wallet. I just spent my last money on my comic subscription.

I will ban anyone who donates to that, and then hunt you down and take all your money. Because anyone who willingly gives that scam artist money after all the shit hes caused deserves not to have nice things.

LOL. Kickstarter seems the perfect vehicle for those guys to engage in more of their historical scammage. Who was it that tried to buy a Shockini recently despite all the foolishness those guys have engaged in, and predictably got hosed? Granny Hog? Laugh and point, children.

Edited by karamazov80

So do we get our Agent 88 money back if no Minimates start showing up soon?

I can honestly say that I don't think I was ever privy to details of a Shockini scam. I might have been and destroyed that brain cell in a pub. It happens...

I didn't buy a Schlokini, it was some Tick figures, which he tried funding on Kickstarter and I guess a bunch of people from Fwoosh and other places got Kickstarter to shut him down or something. I'll try to find the info because it's always funny to laugh at what he tries to pass as legit.

It goes way farther back than this, but what what made him practically the most hated person in the toy business was when he solicited Series 2 of the Indie Spotlight action figures, took people's money via pre-order, and then never made the figures and refused to refund anyone a single cent.

So do we get our Agent 88 money back if no Minimates start showing up soon?...

Per conversations I have had with Digger's assistant/wife?, the answer is they are not obligated to refund any Kickstarter donations, and that the money was spent less than 2 weeks after the funding was successful.

Edited by youbastards

How does he figure to conjure up those promised Minimates, then? Was the kickstarter project to master sorcery, so he could give folks all the stuff that was promised with no money?

Edited by karamazov80

When I saw that the Kickstarter thread was active here today, I knew people must be talking about Shockinis.laugh.png

In all seriousness, everybody, if you're not familiar with Geoff Beckett/ Shocker Toys, NEVER GIVE HIM YOUR MONEYnono.gif . The guy's a total scumbag who will just take it and you'll see nothing for your trouble. Always remember kids....

knowing-is-half-the-battle.jpg

How does he figure to conjure up those promised Minimates, then? Was the kickstarter project to master sorcery, so he could give folks all the stuff that was promised with no money?

I have no idea, as the Kickstarter funding was to finish the pilot. Maybe that included the costs of the incentives too? Maybe that is the reason they keep getting delayed?

Anybody else been following the Veronica Mars movie funded through Kickstarter? A great little show, so I'm excited about this, and what it could mean for other properties that studios don't see fit to fund themselves:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/559914737/the-veronica-mars-movie-project

Arrested Development probably could have been funded this way had it not been approved through other channels. As, perhaps, could have Firefly years back.

I'll donate if there's a guarenteed KB nude scene in the movie. I'll settle for a butt shot. That's not weird or creepy, is it?ermm.gif

A friend of mine tried to get me to watch Veronica Mars for YEARS, and I always resisted. Finally gave in, and liked the show quite a bit, so much so that I even made Minimate customs of Veronica and Keith Mars. I'd post a photo, but apparently I never took one. It's funny, because I rarely make TV Minimates, and I wouldn't call it my favorite show, but I made Minimates nonetheless.