UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Mega Blocks: Halo Wars...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've owned a Mac for 4 years and I've never had any problems; no crashing, no slowing down, nothing. And it has a large numbers of work files (psd, ai, etc). Just out of curiosity, TTF, how many times has yours crashed, and how old is it?

Crashed?? Never, actually. It's fairly new; i think my Dad got it last summer...he works for the Division of Taxation in Trenton, so they supply him with all sorts of new PCs and laptops.

Hell, i even use IE with McAfee Security Suite, and have had no internet or virus problems. PCs aren't as bad as Mac leads everyone to believe. ;)

Heck, LEGO would get you a 2 turrets and 5 Spartans.

For 20 dollars maybe..... But 9.99 in LEGO world = 2 People and a prop/small vehicle. :(

I was just about to say the same thing!

I'll maybe get a set of these, just to see.

Also, PC is superior to Mac in almost every way. It just isn't as trendy and smooth as Mac.

See, I disagree. PCs slow down too fast, aren't that reliable, and crash often. This is from a guy who during college, had to do design work on a PC. Since the changeover to Mac, I've never had a single problem with my computer. I've all but forgot about things like tech support, virus scans, and blue screens of death. And most people, designers or otherwise, around here agree with me. Sure, there is the trendy factor for some people, but as I have mine for work, and is a tool first, it is from a working and high use view that I'm coming from.

I bought the Ghost set, and the figures are kind of cool for MB. I didn't like the Ghost, though. The hand controls and the round things on the sides of the vehicle won't stay on. These would have been way better as either LEGO or Minimates.

As for the Mac vs. PC debate: I have only ever owned PCs, and I've had numerous problems with viruses and such. I read in a recent Reader's Digest that most computer support personnel use Macs because of the near non-existant virus issues and slowdown. I'll likely switch over when I'm able to afford it.

Having owned both PCs and a single Mac (currently), I really appreciate the MAC; easy to use and very reliable (knock on wood).

I bought the Ghost; it was alright but I would not buy any of the other sets. The design was rather simple and the set was a bit over-priced. Also, the scale of the figures is quite small.

Getting this back on topic, does anyone have pix with minimates for size comparisons?

T.

p.s. PC guy all the way and have been since I owned my first 20yrs ago!

I will soon. I got the 'free' giveaway. Got the confirmation for my payment. Just waiting for the little bugger to show up in the mail.

• 2 weeks later...

Well got back from toys r us today and got some pictures for ya. Also the minimates fit perfectly into the warthog, heres the pictures.

hw1.jpg

hw2.jpg

hw3.jpg

and here are the halo minifigs

hw4.jpg

The guns are way big even for minimates

hw5.jpg

Hope this helped.

Thanks for posting. Good comparison pics.

As a side note, I still haven't gotten the minifig I purchased at the end of July. Anyone else participate in the 'free' promo?

I participated in the promotion as well but haven't seen anything as of yet. Hopefully, we'll get something soon.

Thanks for posting. Good comparison pics.

As a side note, I still haven't gotten the minifig I purchased at the end of July. Anyone else participate in the 'free' promo?

Yeah, but I haven't received anything yet either. I hope I get one of those cool "active camo" versions.

just remember that these are mega bloks not lego, so the pieces are a little loose here and there, and the method they use to attract the front hooks is bad, i mean bad. I wouldn't buy it for a kid to play with (it would fall apart) but to display and occasional Vroom Vromming it is alright.

Glad i could help :D

• 4 weeks later...

Got my freebie (well...not really free since I wasted $4) spartan today...and it wasn't the active camo....it was the so called Steel Spartan which doesn't look too different than the regular green spartan.

• 2 weeks later...

I suckered myself into entering their giveaway, here: http://www.megabrands.com/en/kids/halowars/giveaway.php . Just got the figure in the mail. Didn't get the camo one unfortunately.

The figure is a good size, but the shotty he comes with is disproportionately large - I guess to mimic the look of the Halo Wars characters in-game. The weapon is perfectly proportioned to the 2 inch Medicom figures though, which where it will be living on my shelf.

Overall I am satisfied, but I will not be buying any more of these.

Edited by shanezey

Got my freebie (well...not really free since I wasted $4) spartan today...and it wasn't the active camo....it was the so called Steel Spartan which doesn't look too different than the regular green spartan.

Same here (no "active-camo"), and I agree that he doesn't really stand-out from the rest. Perhaps they should have gone with something a bit more unique, or at least a bright color.