UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thanks for the patronage!

Today I renewed the forum software & the technical support contract. The great part is that all but $4.12 was covered by proceeds from the Amazon & Sideshow banners. Thank you for your continued use of the banners for purchases made from these sites. It really does help.

The commissions from use of the AFX and Entertainment Earth banners is still trickling in, so hopefully one day there will be enough for some nice prizes.

You folks have made this a great community and now its a fairly self-sustaining one, as well. Cheers!

I have no idea what it costs to run a forum like this bandwidth costs or anything related to doing something like this, but its great news to see that alot of ppl have had a helping hand. Time and time and again this forum shows its a great place.

The great part is that all but $4.12 was covered ..........

The stigma of debt hanging over these boards was haunting me & I decided that it could no longer go on......I have subsequently donated $5 to put us back into the black.

As everyone knows......I am all heart :biggrin:

This is the second time this year I've spent $5 ......the first time was to buy Iceland :(

Thankyou Shane .

Big banner in the middle of the page? Mine scrolls between Sideshow, Stuckakid, Entertainment Earth, and Limited Edition. Luke's little link is always there on the left side, and AFX's is always on the right side. That's all I see.

I use the Firefox browser.

What about the money from Charitymates?

That got donated to one of the many charities. Whichever one it was that the last one supported.

The majority of the proceeds went to charity, the rest was donated to the forums for maintenance .

That got donated to one of the many charities. Whichever one it was that the last one supported.

The majority of the proceeds went to charity, the rest was donated to the forums for maintenance .

75% went to Books for Kids and 25% went to the operating costs of the forum.

Glad to hear things are working out money-wise Shane!

First of all: Woohoo, good news Shane!

Do you have the AdBlock Firefox extension? That blocks it.

I do use it but it's strange? Does it really only the amazon ad? I see all the other brother Karamazov mentioned above, but I've never seen an amazon ad.

Do you have the AdBlock Firefox extension? That blocks it.

I do use it but it's strange? Does it really only the amazon ad? I see all the other brother Karamazov mentioned above, but I've never seen an amazon ad.

Yep, just the amazon one for some reason.

Thanks for the patronage!

My old job had a coffee vending machine, with all of the usual choices as buttons. And then beneath all of the other buttons it said "Thanks for your patronage!" and yet there was a button next to this. I decided to try a nice cup of "Thanks for your patronage!" one day, and got a cup with 1/3 coffee, 1/3 hot chocolate, and 1/3 hot tea. It was actually quite delicious.

I wasn't meaning to leave that out, but assumed everyone knew what came from that. The Charitymates did net some cash to the Multiverse, also. Fujis has done really cool things with Charitymates and it will be missed.

I'll look into the Amazon/Firefox thing. I never knew it was a problem.

OK, that is very odd. Time to look at the code.

• 3 weeks later...

I wasn't meaning to leave that out, but assumed everyone knew what came from that. The Charitymates did net some cash to the Multiverse, also. Fujis has done really cool things with Charitymates and it will be missed.

I'll look into the Amazon/Firefox thing. I never knew it was a problem.

OK, that is very odd. Time to look at the code.

I think I fixed the Firefox amazon ad issue, if anyone has any problems or it's screwy in another browser let me know.

T.

ThankYOU guys for running this site. You have provided hours of entertainment/procrastination/distraction from work.

I'd have gone postal at my job months ago if not for you guys :thumbsup: