UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

C3: WWE Stackdown!

MisterPL

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So while I was (futilely) searching K-Mart for Turtles, I did see that the Wyatt Family set is out. Pretty cool. It really is to bad the figures are so bad. If only Bridge Direct had made a deal with DST to use Minimates in these sets, rather then crafting their own inferior figure. headslap.gif

• 3 weeks later...

If I could find a clearanced stackdown ring I would get it, but it's a little bit bigger than I'd want. $50 though for a humorous display piece is a bit hefty though.

Has anyone ever taken a picture of minimates in the micro aggression ring? I've been looking for a minimate scaled ring for a while. The pics on eBay look good but I can't remember what the micro figs we're like in person.

• 1 month later...

If I could easily get The Rock without buying that big truck he'd be my gateway minifigure to buying LOADS of others. Still, when that Rock/Cena two pack eventually drops it'll all kick off. SUPER tempted by the Sin Cara/Rey Mysterio sets, plus the awesome Triple H skull throne. Doubt I'd ever take his entrance gear off, he looks so cool!

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if anyone's interested, but I emailed Flair Inc, who distribute WWE Stackdown in the UK and the release date for the blind bag figures is March the 9th, which should mean they are dropping in the States soon too! I NEED THE ROCK!!!

Not sure if anyone's interested, but I emailed Flair Inc, who distribute WWE Stackdown in the UK and the release date for the blind bag figures is March the 9th, which should mean they are dropping in the States soon too! I NEED THE ROCK!!!

Of course we're interested! Thanks for the heads-up.

A shop in the UK has the character list up, but as yet unavailable to order. Looks like Goldberg and Rey Mysterio got dropped in favour of Kofi Kingston and Sin Cara. We are getting Roman Reigns and Bad News Barrett!

http://www.thetoyshop.com/WWE/WWE-Stack-Down/WWE-StackDown-Foil-Bag-Figure/p/522384

Really, hellpop, the worst? You didn't even confine your comment to block figures -- are you saying you can't think of another minifig that turns you off more than these guys? Any of DC's recent attempts, maybe?

Honestly, I don't understand the hate aimed at these figures. The product quality is top-notch (bricks and figures), the anatomy of the figure is damn-near Minimates. I'll admit that the likenesses are not appealing, which probably accounts for most of the aesthetics. But it seems to be much of the dislike aimed at these or any other block figure is simply that They're Not Minimates.

It's like the Lego purists who dis Kre-O -- they're judging with prejudice rather than open-mindedness. So I'm asking you specifically, hellpop, because I respect your opinion: what about C3 kicks your hate-o-matic into overdrive?

Edited by Cappy

I actually really love these little guys! Yeah, we're all here for our love of Minimates, but these little dudes have got me back into WWE! I'm going to see it live at the O2 arena next month! I've got a little Dolph Ziggler dropping the Zig Zag on Sin Cara off a ladder on my work desk!

Really, hellpop, the worst? You didn't even confine your comment to block figures -- are you saying you can't think of another minifig that turns you off more than these guys? Any of DC's recent attempts, maybe?

Honestly, I don't understand the hate aimed at these figures. The product quality is top-notch (bricks and figures), the anatomy of the figure is damn-near Minimates. I'll admit that the likenesses are not appealing, which probably accounts for most of the aesthetics. But it seems to be much of the dislike aimed at these or any other block figure is simply that They're Not Minimates.

It's like the Lego purists who dis Kre-O -- they're judging with prejudice rather than open-mindedness. So I'm asking you specifically, hellpop, because I respect your opinion: what about C3 kicks your hate-o-matic into overdrive?

Well, since you asked... I don't like either the likenesses or the body design. I never thought much about the lack of a nose on a Minimate, but looking at these I can really see why that was a wise design choice. I find the flat noses off-putting and think they really make for an ugly figure. As for the body, the triangle chests and claw hands are the biggest negatives, but I can't say I like much about them. I don't like the cylinder arms, or the legs that look like Kubricks with knee articulation. I just look at these and think... well, I'll let Daniel say it for me. Daniel?

SWxyN.gif

So I can't think of a minifigure that's worse, not even a Shockini. Admittedly, that's without ever having one in hand, and maybe I'd warm up to them if I played around with them a bit.

Thanks for you reply. I am with you on the noses: these figures demonstrate why Minimates don't have noses. :) The hands are "meh", but at least their snap-grip actually works. I do think the chest shape works for the genre they're depicting. On the plus side for Stackdown, they are of very solid quality. When I pick one up, I never wonder if the knee or hip is going to snap.

They won't replace Minimates, but I maintain that if 'Mates didn't exist, people would see these guys would be good play figures.

I'm a HUGE wrestling fan (I've actually been a pro wrestler for 12 years now) and I LOVE Minimates but I hate these things. They just don't look quite right. They look like knock-off dollar store versions of Minimates.

Edited by MisterMiracle

I think my only issue with them is the hands. I can understand the logic behind it, but if their hands were square you could still have the lock in holes for them to support dynamic moves, while actually having a larger element at the end of their arms. Some of the faces are great, and some are a bit shonky. I've ordered Stone Cold, but he's gonna get a bit of modding to make him look more like the Rattle Snake. At the moment he looks like he wants to cry.

Ahh gyped, got my first three blind bags, got Bad News Barrett and two Kofi Kingstons! In the plus column, Kofi has the intercontinental championship belt from the

regular box set released last year. Although mine immediately lost it to Barrett. Although I'm super tempted to give the belt to Dolph!

The Intercontinental belt with Kofi is open backed, easy for attatchment and removal, that fits perfectly on a 'mate. The Championship belt with Stone Cold doesn't, it's a closed loop, so you have to unplug a figure at the waist to get it on. That doesn't fit on a 'mate.