UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

Got him a couple of days ago, and he is awesome. If you grew up loving Raiders like I did, then you owe it to yourself to pick this guy up:

P1010686.jpg

He comes with the fertility idol, 4 sets of hands (2 gloved sets, 2 bare sets), extra hatless head and hat with fabric lining, revolver, semi-automatic pistol w/removable clip, coiled and bendable whip, and bag. Also, you can take off the jacket and push the sleeves up to create "Cairo" Indy.

He also comes with a new Sideshow body (the "Prometheus"). His joints can be a bit loose, but the hands are really easy to switch out.

Now I just need Kubrick Indy to complete my display. . .

Edited by karamazov80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, the extra head can be used for some cool Indy customs:

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/s...mp;postcount=49

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/s...amp;postcount=1

Many have suggested using this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SIDESHOW-12-BUFFY-THE-...93%3A1|294%3A50

To provide the suit and glasses for "professor" Indy.

Got this bad boy on Friday. He is the Hot Toys "Batman Begins" Batman V 2.0 (released with the Dark Knight characters; the first HT Batman Begins figure was crappier than this one, apparently). He is awesome, though his rubber suit really hinders his maneuverability, his head doesn't turn too much because the cowl is really stiff, his hands are a real bitch to switch out (I have to use a set of heavy duty pliers to take them off of the pegs--hot water doesn't even help), and his "bat-fins" tend to fall out. The cape is HUGE, and the head looks much better in person than it does in pictures. The Christian Bale head (which also looks much better in person) is awesome, and as I want to do a "Professor Jones" with my extra Indy head, I would also like to do a "Bruce Wayne" custom by getting another body and suit at some point.

Batman comes with numerous hands (all gloved), a little "bat-bomb" (the one he used to blow up doors and stuff at the end of "Begins"), a bat-grapple-gun (my little nephew would call it the "bat-clip"), 2 bat-arangs, and some kind of enhanced arm-thing, that may or may not be the thing he used at the beginning of "Knight" to rip into Scarecrow's van. Looks pretty bad-ass, though, like it would give him "cyborg punching power". His belt has some cool detailing on it, including a cell phone (?).

This sucker is expensive, but I'm glad that I have him. I think he looks much better than the Hot Toys "Dark Knight" Bats. Now, I just have to wait for my Jokers to come in later in the month .

post-1827-1228694962_thumb.jpg

post-1827-1228695042_thumb.jpg

post-1827-1228695071_thumb.jpg

post-1827-1228695090_thumb.jpg

Edited by karamazov80

I think I screwed up not getting Indy. I think he will be a hard one to come by.

All of my Sideshow 1/6th is mostly Star Wars. I also have a Planet of the Apes Brent and some of the Twilight Zone & Outer Limits figures. I have a 1/6th Vader, 2 Stormtroopers, 1 Stormtrooper Commander, EpII Obi Wan, and 1 Utapau Clone, on order.

I think I screwed up not getting Indy. I think he will be a hard one to come by.

All of my Sideshow 1/6th is mostly Star Wars. I also have a Planet of the Apes Brent and some of the Twilight Zone & Outer Limits figures. I have a 1/6th Vader, 2 Stormtroopers, 1 Stormtrooper Commander, EpII Obi Wan, and 1 Utapau Clone, on order.

Do you have the Medicom Boba Fett? I'm considering getting him, but might hold off until Sideshow decides to make him (I'm sure that they will) so that he will be more in scale with my others. My current collection consists of the 2 here, plus Sideshow's Connor McLeod, Bespin Luke, Bespin Han, and the DCD 13 inch Batman and Superman. I used to think those DCD figures were awesome, but now that I have had Sideshow and Hot Toys figures in my hand, they seem pretty cheap (the Batman still looks great, though).

Also, that Indy is still available from the place mine came from--Corner Store Comics:

http://www.cornerstorecomics.com/index.cfm...Product_ID=1007

Edited by karamazov80

Forgive the ebay link http://cgi.ebay.com/Indiana-Jones-Toys-McC...1QQcmdZViewItem it is relevant however. I'm not sure either way whether the picture does this particular figure justice but I have seen a McCoy 'Great Escape' McQueen & it is bloody marvellous. Apart from articulated figures I have a penchant for leather jackets ,A2s mainly & Eastman,Avirex & Aero in particular . I mention this seemingly irrelevant piece of info because there is a Japanese company that also make remarkable leather 'flying 'jackets -Mc.Coy. The jackets featured on this & the Mc.Queen figure * are absolute scale replica leather jackets & of course are made by the same company, Mc.Coy....art imitating life etc.

Heres another ebay link http://cgi.ebay.com/Steve-McQueen-Toys-McC...1QQcmdZViewItem which is an auction purely for the highly collectible sales catalogue & finally this which I'm calling dibs on http://cgi.ebay.com/INDIANA-JONES-TOYS-MCC...1QQcmdZViewItem :D

* I believe the jacket was an option & not standard & had a limited run of 300 or so ....I'd love it :)

I do not have the Medi Boba. Once I learned that Medicom's scale is off, I decided not to buy any SW Medi stuff. The detail they put into stuff is great, but I'd go nuts looking at a short Boba or Vader. I think Sideshow will surprise us with Boba eventually.

This, though, I want. Just not at that price. :P

There is some speculation that Fox and Hot Toys might have had a bit of a falling out recently, but if not, a Predator 1 Predator as well as Dutch and Billy figures were supposedly coming out next year. I don't care about much of the wacky Predator 2 or Aliens vs. Predator stuff, but I would have to have a Predator 1 Predator.

• 1 month later...

A fellow board member recently helped me out with my major remaining Kubrick grail, which I just received yesterday. Now, Batman Begins Bats Kubrick is posed with his larger counterpart. Next to these guys is my Sideshow Indy, which is sadly still missing his Kub-y counterpart. I wish I had Minimates to pose with these guys along with the Kubs, but. . .

P1010703.jpg

Edited by karamazov80

Nice Collection you've got there.

I Never collected 1/6 scale stuff myself...until Hot Toys Dark Knight line , now i have Both Batmen , Both Jokers , Superman , Jor-El and the simply fantastic two-face, as well as sideshow's Indy. With all the fantastic stuff they've got lined up this year (Hellboy 2 , Predator 1 , The Spirit), I may end up very skint (and possibly divorced :) )

Hmm...I'd like to know. Has anyone bought the 1/6 Iron Man by Hot Toys?? It looks really awsome, yet i'm not quite sure having never had a 1/6 scale toy. I'm interested in that and Two-face, but...

Hot toys figures are always top-notch.

AndI have hear nothing but excellent things regarding the Iron Man figure.

I got the Indy as well. Now I'm just waiting for the Hot Toys Iron Man MK III. I really want the Dark Knight Batman, but he is just too expensive. He looks great but I dont have the funds available. :( Anyone got the Leon from RE4?

The magic internet gremlins must have heard of my need, and supplied me with my missing Kubrick!

post-1827-1232062008_thumb.jpg

Thanks anonymous!

Now if only a Highlander Kubrick could also magically appear at my doorstep :P

• 2 weeks later...

These things are pretty dang addictive, too. What goes around comes around, and maybe now you will think twice before "pimping" expensive plastic to some of the more weak-willed board members :)

He looks great, though the shoe strings are just a tad too long, in my opinion (pretty freakin' cool that he has shoe strings at all, though). My Jack is supposedly in the mail as well, and I can't wait to get a hold of him. But in the mean time, I've got another friend waiting for him.

post-1827-1233117687_thumb.jpg

post-1827-1233117705_thumb.jpg

He is one big sumbitch.

Edited by karamazov80

These things are pretty dang addictive, too. What goes around comes around, and maybe now you will think twice before "pimping" expensive plastic to some of the more weak-willed board members :)

He looks great, though the shoe strings are just a tad too long, in my opinion (pretty freakin' cool that he has shoe strings at all, though). My Jack is supposedly in the mail as well, and I can't wait to get a hold of him. But in the mean time, I've got another friend waiting for him.

post-1827-1233117687_thumb.jpg

post-1827-1233117705_thumb.jpg

He is one big sumbitch.

I love your collection...But I can't help but think that you shelf looks soooo expensive. there doesn't appear to be anything on there that would cost less than 60 dollars.

He is one big sumbitch.

Sumbitch? I have a new favourite word & yes that is sumbitch!

Remembering how old the 'Shining' actually is, many things about the 'Nicholson' are a tad .....er....spooky! The Timberland boots ,the Lee Rider Jeans ,the checked 'lumber' shirt & the 'cord' jacket are all totally, incredibly detailed & accurate. When 'er indoors' saw it for the first time yesterday, after I'd posed it for my pictures , she gasped (I 'm not kidding) "My God it's you!"

We share many things,she & I,but she has NEVER seen the Shining.........yet!

All work & no play makes Jack a dull boy.All work & no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work & .........................

I love your collection...But I can't help but think that you shelf looks soooo expensive. there doesn't appear to be anything on there that would cost less than 60 dollars.

Yeah. I actually had to sell a goodly amount of my stuff to help fund this (including many of my best GI Joe and Transformers stuff). Beyond that, I found some very reasonable deals on some of these things (Connor McLeod, Solo, Luke, DCD Superman, and Mr. Orange each costed less than $35 shipped!).

"My God it's you!"

Well, uh. . .that's good? :blink: