UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Zombie Survivor Contest - Winners Announced!

luke314pi

EDIT: Winners announced here!

survivor_zpsd1fe1a0d.jpg

We have all thought about it at one point or another - what would you do if the zombie apocalypse happened? In this new Minimate contest, you will get a chance to answer that question! You are tasked with creating a survivor of the zombie apocalypse, and telling the story of how he/she/it survived. The sky is the limit with your character! Feel free to make them anything from a plumber to a robot to a super powered soldier. You can make a quick custom (using only parts swapping) or make a fully painted and sculpted Minimate.

Luke's Toy Store is sponsoring this contest in order to promote our expanded Loose Minimate Parts section, the largest selection of Minimate parts anywhere online! We are offering up over $100 worth of cool prizes. There will be 2 prizes for the best custom, and 2 prizes for the best story. And since this is a zombie contest, every prize includes some zombie army builders! Prizes and rules are listed below:

Best Custom: 1st Place

zombie1_zps4d44dd56.jpg
Includes: Aves Sculpting Power Pack (with 1/4 lb. Apoxie® Sculpt - Natural color, 1/4 lb. Apoxie® Clay - Native color, 1/4 lb Fixit® Sculpt, 1 fl.oz. Apoxie® Paste,1 fl.oz. Aves® Safety Solvent), Guts Zombie & Burned Zombie, Sailer Zombie & Leg Bite Zombie, $10 Gift Certificate to Luke's Toy Store

Best Custom: 2nd Place

zombie2_zps4c69522b.jpg
Includes: Guts Zombie & Burned Zombie, Sailer Zombie & Leg Bite Zombie, $10 Gift Certificate to Luke's Toy Store

Best Story: 1st Place

zombie3_zpsdc82dd55.jpg
Includes: Tall Rooftop Diorama and WW2 Diorama - both long retired from our store, Guts Zombie & Burned Zombie, Sailer Zombie & Leg Bite Zombie, $10 Gift Certificate to Luke's Toy Store

Best Story: 2nd Place

zombie2_zps4c69522b.jpg
Includes: Guts Zombie & Burned Zombie, Sailer Zombie & Leg Bite Zombie, $10 Gift Certificate to Luke's Toy Store

Rules:
1.) Your entry must be a custom Minimate and a story between 100 and 1000 words in length.
2.) Please submit a manageable sized picture of your customs in this thread along with your story.
3.) This must be a new creation from the start of this post, and must be your work entirely. Previous customs/contest entries are not allowed.
4.) The character selection is completely up to you - it can be an original or existing character.
5.) Only one entry per person.

6.) Please spell check your stories and break them up into logical paragraphs for easy reading.

===============================================================

Dates:
Entries will be accepted between now and Thursday, February 28 at 11:59 PM CST.
Voting begins once Contest Gallery has been posted on March 1st and ends March 4th at 11:59 PM CST.
Winners will be posted on March 5th.

===============================================================

Voting:
The PM Ballot system will be used for the voting.

Each submitted ballot must list in order, the top three best entries in each category you feel are the most creative and well-made.

1.) Best Custom
2.) Second Best Custom
3.) Third Best Custom

1.) Best Story
2.) Second Best Story
3.) Third Best Story

Anyone can vote, even the participants.
If you are a participant, you cannot vote for your own entry.
The 10 point minus system will be used to calculate the results.
Points awarded will be as follows: 1st will get 10pts, 2nd will get 9pts, 3rd will get 8pts.
During the voting period, please send all ballots by PM to me.

If you have any questions, please post them in this thread.

Good luck and have fun!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alien Race Files A.R.F.

75030_595355503814419_790434548_n.jpg
295063_595355567147746_1880131343_n.jpg

Name: IT

Home world:zaboodlebop

Born: N/A

Nationality:American

Language:
English; Spanish; Italian; Zaboodle; French

This is the story of IT. All that
was known of IT, before the apocalypse came was that he was an alien from a
planet from the Milky Way. IT, means Inter-terrestrial technician. It would help the humans, and the humans
would soon forget IT, was different. IT carried a machine that converts Oxygen
in the immediate surroundings, to become hydrogen, what IT, breathed.

During the zombie apocalypse, it
was discovered that IT, had already dealt with a zombie invasion once before.
On IT’s home planet, IT was one of the few survivors from the apocalypse on his
own planet. IT had learned how to kill
these things one his home planet and he felt it was his job to teach the humans
and the superhuman species how. He did not want this planet, Earth, to become
like his home world. So, he started to fly to various parts of the world, where
the survivors were, and he taught them how to defend themselves against the
brain eaters.

Once the world knew how to kill
these things, IT, gathered an entire army of the world’s population, which had
dwindled to half of the population of India. Most who had survived, had had to
go through much to get here. Once most of the population had been brought to
the former Australia, the only continent that had not been touched by the invasion,
due to high security factors, IT, had taken it upon himself, to kill every last
one of the zombies, and rid this planet of the curse his people may or may not
have brought upon this planet. So, with a small group of his best fighters, he
went on a kill on contact/rescue mission.

After he had killed most zombies,
and imprisoned the others in a small camp in Antarctica, he brought the people
back from Australia to their home countries, where he used an old map to
determine the borders of all nations. Most people stayed in Australia though, due
to it being the only continent/county that had not been touched by the
apocalypse.

IT, is now considered a savior to
all kind on Earth, and is the elected King of Australia, where he rules all.
Eventually, IT, to a search mission to Antarctica, where he found the zombies
he had once imprisoned, to be still very much alive. So, with the help of the
team he took, he led the zombies onto a boat, where he would sail back to
Australia. Once there, he found a small island off the coast of Australia,
where he felt the zombie would live and roam free, because it was not their
fault they were infected with this terrible curse. He even now rules over the zombies, for they
have given him respect, and consider IT, their king.

295443_595299060486730_921146014_n.jpg

Edited by sky_dive

Awesome contest Luke! One quick question though and I'll try to phrase it without giving away what I have planned. If your custom and story includes a second character that's relatively vital to their story, can pics be posted of it together with the entry? I suppose it'd be like posting a pic with Michonne with Mike and Terry with her. Is this acceptable?

Here's my entry

zombie_zps8a9bb90e.jpg

After the Alien Zombies From Outer Space came to Earth, future
scientist and antique collector Mang Dagul discovered that the only way to
resist the docile-ray (which the A.Z.F.O.S. used on humans to ensure
non-resistance while being eaten) was to use an old soup kettle as a helmet.

After being bitten in the pinky by a zombie raccoon, Mang Dagul quickly cut off his left hand to
avoid becoming a zombie. Stumbling on an old abandoned laboratory, he used an
experimental appendage-growing machine to try and regrow his hand but much to
his amazement, four new arms grew instead. Inexplicably, the arms were all of
different colors. Sensing an opportunity to fight the A.Z.F.O.S., he quickly
implanted a scythe, a sonic blaster, a plasma cannon and a cyborg arm on his new extremities (He did not implant
anything on his original right arm as he wanted to be still able to scratch his nose).

Unfortunately, he was not able to walk because of the sheer weight of his implants.

Fortunately, he eventually developed thunder thighs and was able to walk around again.

After several near fatal zombie encounters, he now roams the Earth while wearing his favorite blue tank-top and wristband, looking for other survivors
and teaching them the most effective way to kill Alien Zombies From Outer Space…

a bonk on the beanie with a baseball bat.

Wow,it's been a long time since I've had to limit my word count on a story.

ZDDiana_zpsa4a1584a.jpg

If you're reading this then I'm probably dead or un-dead. I've left this notebook here so that there's a chance someone will know my story. First I'll tell you a bit about myself. How old I am doesn't really matter and I have no intention of revealing it anyway, but I will tell you that I've lived through more than my share of world changing events and I'm still kicking. My name is Diana Fairchild and I'm, for lack of a better description, a survivor.

I'd like to say that the end was a real wake up call and a turning point in my life but the truth is I missed out on the whole first day. You see, at the time, I was living in this assisted living community and I didn't bother going out all that often. I didn't much care for the company of my neighbors and as for my children; well, they were the reason I was here to begin with. No, I know what you're thinking, but they didn't put me in here. I sold off just about everything I owned and moved in myself in order to use up everything I had so the selfish materialistic little shits wouldn't have any inheritance to fight over. At the time I was thinking that I may not be able to take it with me, but I could sure as hell use it all up before I checked out.

Sorry, I got sidetracked there, as I was saying I missed the first day since I'm used to the occasional sound of moaning and complaining. It wasn't until the second day and the banging started that I finally took notice that things were a bit out of the ordinary. All it took was a single look out my door's peephole to realize I had a zombie infestation on my hands.

My first thought was to find provisions to get me through the winter. I wasn't worried about shelter since most of the residences were log cabins. The community started life as a tourist camp built around the geothermal hot springs. Most importantly the cabins were full log construction unlike nearly all-modern buildings with their cheap hollow walls and fake log paneling. If anything a person couldn't choose a better place for shelter and water. Anyway, I knew that I had enough canned goods to get me through two months even if I didn't bother with rationing and I also knew of at least two of my neighbors were food hoarders. With that thought out of the way came the realization that I was going to have to do something about clearing out the local undead before they added me to their gang.

I quickly took stock of my choices and realized I didn't have much to work with. The community sort of frowned on their senior citizens packin' heat. With so I broke down and grabbed my best kitchen knife and my hammer and got to work. Even I was surprised that I wasn't infected during that first adrenalin fueled insanity. I'd like to say that I felt bad for doing what was required to survive but the truth is it felt rather liberating and they were trying to eat me after all. Really it was just blind luck that I made it to the next cabin and the door was open. I'd lost my hammer and my knife was bent beyond usefulness. Trust me, I'm never trusting a television commercial about a knife able to cut through anything. As I did a quick search of the room I got lucky and found a baseball bat hanging on the wall. It was probably signed by some famous player and likely worth a bit of money, that is if it had been a real bat, the thing couldn't handle more than a couple of hits before it broke.

I did make it to another cabin, but by that point I was sure that I wasn't meant to make it through the day. As I took stock of my situation I discovered Deloris Rigby, the youngest resident at 72, had chosen the easy way out by downing all of her medications. Well, you can bet my sagging butt I wasn't going to just call it quits at that point. After thoroughly searching I came to the conclusion that Deloris was truly crazy. She had enough canned chili and peaches hoarded away to feed the entire community for a year but didn't have a single can opener. The biggest knife she owned was a butter knife and even it was so dull I doubted it could cut hot butter. Then I found a trapdoor in her closet that led down to the cabin's crawlspace that had some how been excavated and converted into a combination bunker and armory. While I'm pretty sure that it was her grandson that built the thing. After all, I remember Deloris having a bit of a breakdown after he was killed in a drug deal gone bad a few months earlier. I'm sticking by my assessment that she was completely off her rocker.

After the armory discovery it was just a matter of burning the corpses and getting back to a comfortable routine. Unfortunately, and I really hate to admit this, it's been a year now and I'm feeling a bit lonely. It just doesn't seem worth going on if I don't have someone around to yell at or complain about. To that end I've decided to set out on an adventure to kill a few Zombies and maybe find out if there are any other survivors in the area. If you're reading this then you've found the bunker. Feel free to take whatever you need but please leave this notebook just in case I'm still alive and I decide to come back for it.

Diana Elizabeth Fairchild

Zomblade

P2060439_zps24d18752.jpg

"All of their weaknesses. None of their strengths."

Very little is known about who Zomblade is or where he came from. What is known is that his pregnant mother was bitten by a zombie as she was about to give birth. Zomblade was imbued with all the powers of a zombie: slowness, cellular degeneration, and a limited vocabulary, though he kept his human ability to feel pain and shame. Shunned by human and zombie alike, Zomblade was alone on the streets of a harsh, post-apocalyptic world, wandering, eating scraps, and sustaining injuries that would never heal. He was discovered by a mysterious zombie-hunter named Kazoo. Kazoo realized that Zomblade was special and trained him in the fine art of zombie killing. Zomblade now fights for humanity while battling his own zombirific urges. (Ok, maybe I was wrong. It seems that we do know a lot about who Zomblade is and where he came from.)

(Part 1 of 2)

dscf2041gs.jpg

Standing there alone,his ship is waiting,all systems are go.

Major Tom leaves his locker & walks to the platform where everyone is waiting. As he walks to his ship,fellow scientists pat him on the back and cheer him on. When he enters the spacecraft,the door silently closes behind him,and the only sounds heard were the beeps and boops coming from the computers in the ship.
"Ground control to Major Tom,Commencing countdown,Engines on. Check Ignition and may gods love be with you."
5,4,3,2,1.Liftoff
As Major Tom's ship takes off,news reporters stand outside NASA headquarters.
"Today,October 19 1960,Astronaut and Scientist Major Tom will travel through space on a one man expedition in order to see if there truly is life on Mars.Oh! I think hes about to take off!
As Tom floats in space,the launch successful, he receives a message from Ground Control
"Ground control to Major Tom,Whats going on up there?"
"Everything seems to be going fine Ground Control,some bumps here and there but so far everything seems to be good,why do you ask?"
"We seem to be getting some interference"
"It'll pass" Replies Tom
Tom Starts to roam the cabin
"Im stepping through the door,Im floating in the most peculiar way!" Says Tom to Ground Control,but nothing but silence is heard.
"Ground control to Major Tom! Your circuits dead! Theres something wrong! Can you hear me Major Tom?!?! Are you receiving our messages?"
Major Tom knows what this means.
As Major Tom accepts his fate,he relays one last message to Ground Control
"Tell my wife I love her very much"

That was the last message from Major Tom.

It was concluded Tom passed through an unexpected solar storm and his shuttle malfunctioned.

It did,but not for long.

Since it was unknown how long the expedition to Mars would take,the Shuttle was packed with enough food for an entire fleet for a year

But,After drifting through space for 1 year, his shuttle miraculously powered back on as it passed through an electrical storm.

With his ship powered and ready to go,Tom made his trek back home.

"This is Major Tom to ground control! Im coming home!"

Tom received no response.

With his ship plummeting towards earth,He lands his ship in the ocean in order to save his own life.As Major Tom nearly escapes the crash with his life,he sees land ahead of him.

As he swims toward land,all he can smell is Ash. Major Tom made it to the shore. He looks around and realizes that hes been here before.As he takes a few more steps he sees the remains of what once was the Statue of Liberty.
He drops to his knees.
"No! You blew it up!You bastards!" he screams.
As he lay sobbing on the floor,the wretched moans of the undead are heard.....

dscf2057t.jpg

Edited by BrobotC

abbynew1.jpg

Blonde Vs The Apocalypse

Female Zombie: Grrrrr .... Arrrr ...
Abby: Aww, you don't look happy. Then again if I had decomposing gray skin, ratty hair extensions and poor taste in clothes, I wouldn't be too happy either.

Abigail Archambault had it all (almost). Popularity, good looks, money, and a star quarterback boyfriend (who also happened to be the hottest guy in school). All her friends worship and envy her and the guys ... well ... they wanna be with her (duh!). Rather than study, her time would usually revolve around cheerleading, socializing with her friends and shopping. Despite being blessed, she was mean, arrogant and selfish. She picked on the less attractive guys and girls in her high school. She turned bullying into an art form.

The day before the apocalypse, Abby and her clique decided to get away for the weekend and went up to the mountains to her family's log cabin. They partied, had sex like rabbits and drank all day. She woke up the next morning with a severe headache (which she blamed on the booze and party pills) and found herself alone in the cabin. Stepping outside, she witnessed how two disfigured strangers ripped apart the lifeless body of her boyfriend. They chewed his flesh, his guts and drank his blood like they were in an all-you-can-eat buffet.

It was like horrible you guys. Like Justin Bieber horrible.

Abby fled the scene, driving a van back to town, only to realize that all of her loved ones were either eaten or were turned into mindless zombies. The only thing she was able to salvage from her room was her doll, Renesmee (because she loves Twilight and she would shop lift and cut a bitch for Edward Cullen ... because he's hot).

abbynew2.jpg

Months after everything went to hell, the bitchy cheerleader became self reliant and efficient. Never in a gazillion years has she thought that she would kick undead ass using a crossbow and an axe. She even figured out how to operate a rocket launcher. How awesome is that? She was like freaking Xena: Warrior Princess ... but with beautiful blonde, shiny hair and waaaaaaaay prettier and feminine. The apocalypse changed her. Now, she moves from town to town, scouring for food, medicines, shelter, cute boys and ohhhhhh free high end clothes.

Who would've thought a dumb blonde like Abigail Archambault could survive the zombie apocalypse?

Abby4.jpg

Edited by Earlyfrost