UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

CustomCon 31

boyd

Hey, Thanks gang! I couldn't wait to see what everyone thought of my customs, since I was just trying out something new. I want to give a huge thanks to TM2Dinobot for the cool backstories for these guys, otherwise they'd just be a couple of armored up minimates. here is a link to more/bigger shots of them, and I'll put some WIP shots in my customs thread if anyone is interested.

Custom Con Angels

How did I miss these? Awesome work Nervous! Are you making any more characters in this style?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, Thanks gang! I couldn't wait to see what everyone thought of my customs, since I was just trying out something new. I want to give a huge thanks to TM2Dinobot for the cool backstories for these guys, otherwise they'd just be a couple of armored up minimates. here is a link to more/bigger shots of them, and I'll put some WIP shots in my customs thread if anyone is interested.

Custom Con Angels

How did I miss these? Awesome work Nervous! Are you making any more characters in this style?

:yes:

I wonder if the people from other boards are wondering what the !@#$ is going on with all these Minimate entries....:lol:

I have been checking some other boards, and the discussion regarding this CustomCon is pretty much dead... In the past I have seen The Fwoosh rack up several pages discussing a CustomCon, but this one barely made it to 2 pages. Discussion at other sites is almost nonexistent outside of the initial announcement that the Con started...

Fwoosh has always, always had a very Marvel Legends style bias though. That's not a knock, those are good guys. But most toy boards favor a certain style, or a certain company, some are even honest about it. So that a minimate dominated con is barely getting noticed is not surprising. Sad, but surprising.

Yeah, Fwoosh is the Marvel Legends place, AFI's the JLU place, and now the other DC lines place... and I dunno about anything else. Which reminds me: we're three days in, and I don't believe we've seen any JLU-style figures yet. That's kind of stunning.

Another factor... well... quite frankly I didn't know RMT was still in operation. At one point it was the spot for Toy news... and then it wasn't. Shrug.

• 3 weeks later...

Not that I expect anyone to read it (Though it may be of some interest to Nervous) but here is the Ashcan I put together.

Angel Force Ashcan

---

Page 1

---

Panel 1: Dark and stormy night. Heavy inks. Shot of an industrial bunker as viewed through some trees or bushes. Very Mad Scientist and futuristic/angular looking. “Tubal-Cain Industries” in faded print at the top of the building.

1 Abaddon (off panel): “We’re here.”

Panel 2: Close up on eyes and helmets only as Abaddon turns to speak to Lucifer.

2 Abaddon: “This is where your informant said the humans are manufacturing the Nephilim Drug.”

Panel 3: Three angels in battle gear looking through the jungle bushes, bunker just on the other side.

3 Legion: “It’d better be. I don’t want to have to face another one of those super-powered people.”

4 Lucifer: “We won’t.”

---

Page 2

---

Splash/title page. Legion, Abaddon and Lucifer facing the camera, Lucifer standing on a rock, all looking very dynamic and epic in their battle gear. One of those ‘strike a pose’ moments. Lightning flashes behind them. Title “Angel Force: Fall From Grace” and credits on top.

1 Cap: Lucifer: Archangel

2 Cap: Abaddon: Destroyer

3 Cap: Legion: Messenger.

4 Lucifer: “Let’s do this.”

---

Page 3

---

Panel 1: Far shot. Abaddon midway through prying open sliding blast doors. Lucifer standing behind them. Legion keeping watch nervously.

Panel 2: Two security guards lay dead on the floor, blood pooling around them. The light from the open door, and subsequently the shadows of one of the angels, falls across them.

1 Abaddon: “Two guards. Dead.”

---

Page 4

---

Panel 1: Shot looking up. The three angels stand looking for danger, their swords drawn. In the shadows on the ceiling above them hangs Raksha, ready to drop down and attack them.

1 Lucifer: “Heads up, Angels…”

Panel 2: Raksha swinging down, about to kick Legion from behind.

2 Lucifer: “We’re not alone.”

---

Page 5

---

Panel 1: Legion slams into Abaddon’s back after Raksha kicks him.

SFX: “Oof!”

Panel 2: Over Lucifer’s shoulder with his sword drawn as he faces Raksha. She’s been through the ringer, bloody and muddy, her clothes and armor dinged and tattered. Still, with the crazed fire in her eyes, she’s willing to face down Lucifer, sword in hand.

1 Cap: Raksha: Angel of Death

2 Lucifer: “Raksha! Stand down!”

3 Raksha: “If you know who I am, then you know why I’m here. Step aside.”

4 Lucifer: “I know you are searching for your lost sister. I know you are AWOL on this planet. And I know you obviously don’t have a clue who I am.”

5 Raksha: “Why should I care? I will cut down anyone in my path!”

6 Lucifer: “Have you ever faced an Archangel before?”

---

Page 6

---

Panel 1: Extreme close up on Lucifer’s eyes, glowing, heavy inks.

1 Lucifer: “It’s like facing God.”

Panel 2: Light erupts from Lucifer’s sword, throwing Raksha backwards.

Panel 3: Lucifer stands over Raksha, hands clasped behind his back.

2 Lucifer: “I am Lucifer, supreme Archangel and commander of the Heavenly Host. You are derelict in your duties, angel, and it is within my power to reprehend you.”

Panel 4: Abaddon and Legion standing behind Lucifer as he offers Raksha a hand up.

3 Lucifer: “Fortunately, our missions intersect. Consider yourself part of my team now.”

---

Page 7

---

Panel 1: Narrow hallway, more blast doors at the end.

1 Raksha: “This is the factory.”

2 Legion: “This must be where they’re producing the drug.”

Panel 2: Large factory, with tracks and conveyer belts, like a cross between a meat packing plant and a research lab. Women (angels) litter the room in sterile environments. Some have been harvested for parts. Some are in cloning tubes. But all this is in the background. In the foreground, suspended my shackles, hangs Raksha’s sister. Only a worn dirty robe covering her very, very pregnant belly, stitches just visible through the tears in her shirt. She obviously has been tortured. Wires and tubes run from several strategic places on her body, mainly veins on her arms and legs, pumping away blood.

3 Raksha: “Kami!”

---

Page 8

---

Panel 1: Close up on Legion and Abaddon.

1 Legion: “I think I’m going to be sick.”

2 Abaddon: “But… How? Angels… We’re not like humans. We don’t have reproductive systems.”

Panel 2: Lucifer, examining one of the filleted corpses.

3 Lucifer: “These females have had their organs removed. I believe they grafted them into Kami to breed a Human/Angel hybrid. But why?”

Panel 3: Raksha, hugging her sister, trying to take the strain off her arms.

4 Raksha: “Who cares? Just help me get her down!”

5 Kami (whisper): “…kill me…”

Panel 4: Close up on Raksha and Kami talking.

6 Raksha: “What?”

7 Kami: “Kill me. Please. You’re the only one who can.”

8 Raksha: “I’m not going to kill you. I came all this way to find you. I’m here to rescue you!”

9 Kami: “Raksha, please.”

---

Page 9

---

Panel 1: Raksha, looking at the camera, biting her lip with tears in her eyes. Fear and grief are palpable on her face.

Panel 2: Lucifer, looking down at her.

1 Lucifer: “It’s your call.”

Panel 3: Raksha, looking back at her sister, reaching for her sword.

Panel 4: Shoulders up shot of Lucifer, Legion and Abaddon. Legion has his eyes shut. Abaddon looks away. Lucifer watches it all. Blood droplets fly across the screen. Heavy inks.

SFX: SHNIK

---

Page 10

---

Panel 1: Legion in the background, looking at some technical charts Lucifer in the foreground.

1 Legion: “At least now we know Nephilim is Angel’s blood that humans have been shooting.”

2 Lucifer: “Then let’s destroy this harvesting plant…”

Panel 2/splash page: Raksha in the foreground on the floor, holding her slain sister. Abaddon and Legion looking at the various readouts and charts. Lucifer standing in the middle. Behind him, having come from a door that opened stands a massive, towering human, with Hulk-like proportions. He lurks over Lucifer, and we just know there’s fixing to be a fight.

3 Lucifer: “Before anything else happens.”

http://www.toymania.com/node/9592 They don't have actual wings, but rather capes that can turn into energy.