UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel confirms more movies! (Cap 3, Strange, Panther)

Zexion_Armando

Cap 3: Serpent Society Scratch that its Civil War again (Yay, trash...), GotG2, Dr. Strange, Thor 3: Ragnarok, and Black Panther so far. And Captain bloody Marvel! And the Inhumans.. yay,I guess...

Dear lord, all the minimates we could potentially get. Black Panther and Serpent Society (maybe) especially!

B1DfBAACQAAAXa2.jpg

Avengers 3 is gonna be in 2 parts? Awesome then!

thumb900_phpbad0ltbpconcept_finalsized.j

Edited by Zexion_Armando

I'm really psyched for Black Panther and Inhumans, both are properties I always thought had potential to be huge. I'm looking forward to the Captain Marvel movie, because I have never been a fan of hers, I find her to be pretty boring. But if I know how Marvel works, I'll be a fan by the time I see the movie and they show me why she is awesome.

Introducing Black Panther, Inhumans, and Doc Strange all before Infinity War makes me wonder if the Illuminati are going to play into all this. The only two missing are mr fantastic and Namor. Namor is kind of a pointless member of the group, so no loss there. Reed is the resident super genius, so i'm not sure who is established as that in the marvel cinematic universe. Maybe Bruce Banner fills that slot, or Hank Pym?

As a life-long DC fan, I wish I had as much faith in WB as I have in Marvel Studios.

This counter-programming to DC's films is why the first Batman v Superman trailer will reportedly be "Batman-heavy." We've already formed an opinion on Cavill as Superman. Gadot can use all the time in the gym she can get before selling her portrayal to fans. This preview has to convince fans that Affleck can be The Batman.

Once that happens, I'll be a lot less cynical about DC's cinematic future.

Lets hope we don't get minimates from foxs f@cktastic four reboot, I haven't come across anyone looking forward to this

I'll be that person. :D

Okay, it may be morbid curiosity but I'm reserving judgment until I at least see the first full trailer, which I fully expect to open as many minds as it cements shut.

Yeah, 2017 and 2018 will be bad if you are a fan of comicwaves lol.

I don't know. This year we had Winter Soldier, Amazing Spider-Man 2, Days of Future Past, and Guardians of the Galaxy in theaters but we still got more comic 'mates than movie 'mates.

Maybe it just means more Minimates!

I'm kind of curious to see what the MCU looks like after Inifinity War. Do they do another round of reboots and start all over, or do they keep building? Back history and continuity, while good for storytelling, are often viewed as a barrier to entry for new audiences. By 2020, there will be an entire generation that will have grown up with (and grown out of?) this iteration of the MCU. Are the words "10th Anniversary of Iron Man" going to be viewed as a positive or drawback?

I have very little interest in the new properties announced, though if Cumberbatch ends up being Dr. Strange that would change dramatically. I have a lot of faith in Marvel, but Black Panther and Captain Marvel in particular make me fear this thing is about to go off the rails.

I also fear for how this will affect the comic line. I just hope DST decides to make comic versions of some of these new movie stars like the inhumans before the embargo around the time the movies come out prevent it and we only end up getting movie 'mates of them. On a positive note, some of the movies sound pretty cool!

You want comic book movies? You got comic book movies:

May 1, 2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron
July 17, 2015: Ant-Man
August 7, 2015: The Fantastic Four

February 12, 2016: Deadpool
March 25, 2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
May 6, 2016: Captain America: Civil War
May 27, 2016: X-Men: Apocalypse
June 3, 2016: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2
August 5, 2016: Suicide Squad
November 4, 2016: Doctor Strange
November 11, 2016: Sinister Six
TBA: The Sandman

March 3, 2017: The Wolverine 2
May 5, 2017: Guardians of the Galaxy 2
June 23, 2017: Wonder Woman
July 14, 2017: The Fantastic Four 2
July 28, 2017: Thor: Ragnarok
November 3, 2017: Black Panther
November 17, 2017: Justice League – Part One
TBA: Untitled Female Spider-Man Superhero Project

March 23, 2018: The Flash
May 4, 2018: Avengers: Infinity War – Part I
July 6, 2018: Captain Marvel
July 27, 2018: Aquaman
November 2, 2018: Inhumans
TBA: Amazing Spider-Man 3

April 5, 2019: Shazam
May 3, 2019: Avengers: Infinity War – Part II
June 14, 2019: Justice League – Part Two

April 3, 2020: Cyborg
June 19, 2020: Green Lantern

I'm just waiting for Universal to announce Hellboy 3. ("Us, too! Us, too!")

I honestly think Ant-man is going to be Marvel's first big step backwards. I mean the project went so out of control, Edgar Wright signed off. Guy is amazing from the movies he's directed...

Also I hope the

that these movies won't be origin stories is false: I really want to see these heroes' beginnings and how they're reinvented.

P.S. Is DC hoping Suicide Squad will be their Guardians of the Galaxy? An obscure group of comic book characters who aren't exactly heroes but aren't exactly villains either? Then again the SS does more evil stuff and the GotG are more neutral...

Edited by MiniMage

God they better not screw Ant Man up or I will be upset.

The line up looks freaking awesome in my opinion, I would have liked another stand alone Hulk movie and maybe a full length film for Agents of SHIELD though.